October 17, 2017, 09:04:31 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 9410 times)

September 09, 2017, 02:12:40 PM
Reply #105

Jamokachi

September 09, 2017, 02:23:44 PM
Reply #106

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Could only really see that if 4-2-3-1

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams (would prefer Jags) Baines

Gueye Schneiderlin

Rooney Sigurdsson Vlasic

DCL

Only way with 3 at the back would mean no DCL.

September 09, 2017, 02:55:02 PM
Reply #107

sam of the south

We played 5 at the back in his first game vs Spurs and we started on the front foot.

Think it's more of an attitude rather than formation thing.

It's an attitude and a personnel thing.

If you ain't got a ball-playing CB, who also likes to bring it out from the back, it leaves you outnumbered in midfield.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 09, 2017, 03:07:12 PM
Reply #108

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 09, 2017, 04:09:43 PM
Reply #109

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
cant wait for a three o clock kick off! Finally!
I have to return some videotapes.

September 09, 2017, 04:19:03 PM
Reply #110

eyesalwaysblue

Good horse racing, 3 kick off, tea time game pile of stella and half bottle o Kraken. if carlesburg did saturdays.

September 09, 2017, 04:19:06 PM
Reply #111

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's an attitude and a personnel thing.

If you ain't got a ball-playing CB, who also likes to bring it out from the back, it leaves you outnumbered in midfield.

Yes I just mean that if we press aggressively higher up the pitch the tone of the performance is much better.

They're likely to have more of the ball so we can either be reactive, sit deep and try and break or we could (should) be a bit more proactive and try and force them into mistakes nearer their goal.

September 09, 2017, 05:13:54 PM
Reply #112

sam of the south

Yes I just mean that if we press aggressively higher up the pitch the tone of the performance is much better.

They're likely to have more of the ball so we can either be reactive, sit deep and try and break or we could (should) be a bit more proactive and try and force them into mistakes nearer their goal.

Pressing the best pressers in the league is going to be quite a task, I feel, but I agree, it is our best chance; get in their faces, get at them, use our ball players to move the ball around quickly, and try and get some 'pass n move' going.

However, if we did go three at the back we can't compress the play with a high line due to our lack of pace at the back, so we end up dropping deep, getting outnumbered in midfield, cluttered at the back, and isolating our front players.

Also, playing the breaking game on them will be quite thankless with our overall lack of runners in the final third (DCL apart, if he plays)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:18:14 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 09, 2017, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #113

Tinga

September 09, 2017, 05:52:32 PM
Reply #114

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would be boss if that vlasic was a monster wouldn't it!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 09, 2017, 06:14:12 PM
Reply #115

eyesalwaysblue

Kodi... sportsdevil>sportstv>streamHD.eu>Schedule.....working well

September 09, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Reply #116

Tinga

I can't say I'm expecting much today, Spurs always do us here. They press too much and we can't deal with it.

September 09, 2017, 06:30:29 PM
Reply #117

School of Science

Though I like the idea of Vlasic starting, think it will be a little early, Sandro from the start, like the look of that team. With Vlasic, Davies, Klassen if fit and Mirallas in the wings.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 09, 2017, 06:35:53 PM
Reply #118

Tinga

Though I like the idea of Vlasic starting, think it will be a little early, Sandro from the start, like the look of that team. With Vlasic, Davies, Klassen if fit and Mirallas in the wings.

Rather start the kid than Mirallas because even a fully arsed Mirallas barely does anything, imagine a not arsed one?.

September 09, 2017, 06:37:40 PM
Reply #119

School of Science

Rather start the kid than Mirallas because even a fully arsed Mirallas barely does anything, imagine a not arsed one?.

So would I but I think Sandro will start ahead of Vlasic, Mirallas on the bench.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15