October 21, 2017, 07:17:10 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 9638 times)

September 09, 2017, 06:53:28 PM
Reply #120

Evertonian in NC

Pressing the best pressers in the league is going to be quite a task, I feel, but I agree, it is our best chance; get in their faces, get at them, use our ball players to move the ball around quickly, and try and get some 'pass n move' going.

However, if we did go three at the back we can't compress the play with a high line due to our lack of pace at the back, so we end up dropping deep, getting outnumbered in midfield, cluttered at the back, and isolating our front players.

Also, playing the breaking game on them will be quite thankless with our overall lack of runners in the final third (DCL apart, if he plays)

I am glad somebody has a workable idea, because I keep coming back with nothing.  Feels wildly optimistic of me to stay with 1-1 in Prediction League, but stay I shall.  Weird shit happens sometimes.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 09, 2017, 06:53:48 PM
Reply #121

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can't say I'm expecting much today, Spurs always do us here. They press too much and we can't deal with it.

I really rate Spurs and last year when we played them I thought 'Jesus the gap between us and them...' so today is a nice test of Ron's ideas and the summers squad building.

I think it's come a bit early for us however and we'd probably have better luck if we played that horrible long ball stuff we played against City. Wasn't pretty but it was an effective system that really disrupted them for 60-70 mins.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 09, 2017, 07:36:56 PM
Reply #122

Shogun

Administrator
They start the seasons quite slowly.

Of Burnley can draw with them at Wembley then we've got a fine chance at Goodison.

It'll be 1-1 though.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 09, 2017, 07:43:33 PM
Reply #123

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
They start the seasons quite slowly.

Of Burnley can draw with them at Wembley then we've got a fine chance at Goodison.

It'll be 1-1 though.

Not a bad shout - us to play well and go ahead in the first half, only to slow down in the second and for Kane or Alli to get an equaliser in the 85+ min
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 09, 2017, 07:46:07 PM
Reply #124

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Stood in front of @bluenose91 I think in Barlows

Anyway, the game. Gonna be tough this I think

Simply simply lovely

September 09, 2017, 07:51:27 PM
Reply #125

Evertonian in NC

well, worst come to worst, at least the Shite are getting humped beforehand
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 09, 2017, 07:51:56 PM
Reply #126

Buck76

I really don't like the tight c**ts, they rob our targets & players for buttons.... Levy deserves the Mane treatment & no win in 9 is a disgrace, Siggy & Rooney masterclass would be timely.

September 09, 2017, 08:02:00 PM
Reply #127

Evertonian in NC

Sandro in the lone striker role.  Both Klaassen and Sigurdsson start.

September 09, 2017, 08:02:40 PM
Reply #128

Shogun

Administrator
DCL should be playing.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 09, 2017, 08:02:58 PM
Reply #129

indiantoffee1975

Odd line up. Martina and Williams at the back.

September 09, 2017, 08:03:04 PM
Reply #130

Cozzie

Rooney, Klassen, Sigurddson and Sandro all in.

September 09, 2017, 08:03:42 PM
Reply #131

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone going to post the actual team?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 09, 2017, 08:04:08 PM
Reply #132

Tinga

Why'd we have to get all these stupidly hard fixtures all at once anyway? kind of takes the sails out of the season a bit.

September 09, 2017, 08:04:31 PM
Reply #133

Evertonian in NC

Vlasic, Mirallas, DCL on the bench.  No Niasse (gee, who could have predicted that) but also no Besic.

September 09, 2017, 08:04:58 PM
Reply #134

Evertonian in NC