October 22, 2017, 02:38:36 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 9669 times)

September 10, 2017, 01:00:46 AM
Reply #690

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I actually wasn't THAT worried after the first half because we weren't terrible for half an hour. We had plenty of the ball and without making any real chances we looked at least on the cusp of making a chance.

First goal fluke, second goal soft.

Then the second half comes and he makes two changes without speaking to either sub because they were both warming up, and throws the system out the window and tries to do something sort of in between the two systems we have and as you would expect we look confused and concerned and soft and Spurs get the pipe and slippers out.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 01:01:16 AM
Reply #691

eame

WTF was that! sorry but that's I have got to say on the matter! No bastard MOTD tonight (cant even enjoy the redshite getting done 5-0) and no papers tomorrow....... cheers everton....

September 10, 2017, 01:01:41 AM
Reply #692

Ravardo

Koeman for barcalona :wanker:   What type of manager game after game keeps changing things and always leaves our best players on the bench,, maybe do it once but to keep doing it every game is fucking stupid

September 10, 2017, 01:08:24 AM
Reply #693

charlatan

2-2 Stoke showing everything we lack.
Fucking Stoke...

That little steg head dwarf is streets above anything we have.  Fucking stoke

September 10, 2017, 01:19:08 AM
Reply #694

gizzblue

Let's get man u out the way, then we will really see where we are playing the rest of the league ....Koeman does seem to be one of the biggest issues at times though .
How many times is he gonna have to scrap his gameplan(which the team doesn't know anyway) and sub at half time....
I've backed Klassen so far but he was annon today as we're a few......drop a dm (morgs) for an attacking player and go for it ffs. ...it can't be much worse than today.

September 10, 2017, 01:43:39 AM
Reply #695

Fynci

We've played 2nd, 3rd, and 5th so far, and in reality, those three teams will be up there in those places at the end of the season. It's not going to be overnight.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

September 10, 2017, 01:48:20 AM
Reply #696

American Evertonian

I'm not really sure what to make of this. We have a lot of new people players that clearly haven't gelled. We don't have a preferred formation nor an effective attacking gameplan.

We need time before we can judge but to say or play against the top clubs isn't concerning would be a lie
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

September 10, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
Reply #697

goodtouchforabigman

Anybody see any positives?? Now I've stopped kicking things I thought we were a lot better the last 20 minutes although that could well have been Spurs taking it easy.

Thought Vlasic had a few good moments, Baines was okay, DCL was keen, there was flashes of good football. That's it can't really think of anything else as it really could have been 5 or 6 nil.

I really hope Klassen comes good but so far he's been a passenger, early days though but my initial fear is he's going to be a bit of a Bilyaletdinov.

September 10, 2017, 01:53:00 AM
Reply #698

Lxxx

Listen this is Spurs, at home, and we got comprehensively schooled. This isn't Man City who every player costs 50m. They achieve what they do because they have a good manager who is tactically astute and is a good coach.

The guy we have is a good middle of the road manager who hasn't achieved much in his managerial career who will help us cement 7th place by doing the basics right. He's not the man to take us to that next level. In my opinion.

September 10, 2017, 02:40:44 AM
Reply #699

bluenuck

I actually wasn't THAT worried after the first half because we weren't terrible for half an hour. We had plenty of the ball and without making any real chances we looked at least on the cusp of making a chance.

First goal fluke, second goal soft.

Then the second half comes and he makes two changes without speaking to either sub because they were both warming up, and throws the system out the window and tries to do something sort of in between the two systems we have and as you would expect we look confused and concerned and soft and Spurs get the pipe and slippers out.

Serious question. what 2 systems do you see that we play?

September 10, 2017, 03:18:23 AM
Reply #700

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Serious question. what 2 systems do you see that we play?

The city game way - DCL up top Rooney and AN other out wide, but Rooney drops as much as possible to get on the ball. Balls go long and into the channels for DCL. DCL chases second balls and forces throw ins to make yardage. We disrupt and tackle into gaining the ball in their half.

The other system is the one today where we try and get Sandro, Klaassen, Rooney gylfi all pushed up together so tight you could throw a blanket over them and try to play football ok the edge of their box. It's more measured and involved Schneiderlin having the ball in the middle of the pitch with Gueye going up and down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 03:42:48 AM
Reply #701

Everton Mint

Quote of the Day from a fan on the Echo site: "First time I've EVER left early in 23 years. That bad."

September 10, 2017, 03:43:02 AM
Reply #702

GrantyBoy78

Listen this is Spurs, at home, and we got comprehensively schooled. This isn't Man City who every player costs 50m. They achieve what they do because they have a good manager who is tactically astute and is a good coach.

The guy we have is a good middle of the road manager who hasn't achieved much in his managerial career who will help us cement 7th place by doing the basics right. He's not the man to take us to that next level. In my opinion.
Poch inherited a decent squad with very good players and was able to keep them. He then had 30 goal-a-season striker come through the ranks. Also a 4m league one punt turned into a 20 goal-a season player. He's had time to mould what was already a decent team into a very good one. Koeman inherited an awful squad and the only decent players either wanted to leave or are on the decline. Zero continuity.

September 10, 2017, 03:48:52 AM
Reply #703

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Quote of the Day from a fan on the Echo site: "First time I've EVER left early in 23 years. That bad."

Short memory then!

September 10, 2017, 03:49:02 AM
Reply #704

Everton Mint

Spot on. Apart from a couple of decent seasons at Soton (with largely Pochettino's team) Koeman has done nothing as a manager.

Fans (and pundits) saying we need to spend a lot more money to get a good team and compete with the Top 6, need to look at Spurs. Its not expensive players we need, its a manager to get the best out of whoever we have...