October 17, 2017, 04:18:27 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 9427 times)

September 10, 2017, 03:50:29 AM
Reply #705

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Poch inherited a decent squad with very good players and was able to keep them. He then had 30 goal-a-season striker come through the ranks. Also a 4m league one punt turned into a 20 goal-a season player. He's had time to mould what was already a decent team into a very good one. Koeman inherited an awful squad and the only decent players either wanted to leave or are on the decline. Zero continuity.

If they sold Kane and just played Jansen instead it'd be interesting to see how they'd cope.

September 10, 2017, 03:52:53 AM
Reply #706

indiantoffee1975

Had the board and Kenwright not fucked up in taking the easy option of recruiting Martinez instead of putting a bit of thought into getting a more experienced and accomplished manager then perhaps we might be a lot more closer or on a level keel to Spurs now. I believe Moyes left the next manager with a solid side all round to push further on.

September 10, 2017, 03:55:11 AM
Reply #707

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not to say that Pochettino hasn't done a great job of course.

But they haven't finished outside of top 6 since 2008/09.

September 10, 2017, 03:57:55 AM
Reply #708

Realist

Had the board and Kenwright not fucked up in taking the easy option of recruiting Martinez instead of putting a bit of thought into getting a more experienced and accomplished manager then perhaps we might be a lot more closer or on a level keel to Spurs now. I believe Moyes left the next manager with a solid side all round to push further on.

Yes he did but the board couldn't take us to the next level by providing funds to sign "next level" players as they were too busy filling their own pockets.
Moyes performed miracles on a shoestring budget.

September 10, 2017, 04:10:22 AM
Reply #709

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not to say that Pochettino hasn't done a great job of course.

But they haven't finished outside of top 6 since 2008/09.

Wow is that true? Sobering.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 04:13:54 AM
Reply #710

everton1952

Koeman takes a lot of the blame. His team choice was bizarre. No width and no forward threat, the totally useless, out of their depth Sandro and Klassen, Sigurdsson lost on the wing, and a crowd of non-inventive midfielders all trying to do the same thing, i.e. pass sideways and backwards. Our confidence has taken a battering. If Spurs had tried hard enough they could have scored 9. The rest of the league is not great but we might struggle to make the top 10. The gap between us and the top 6 is huge in terms of ability. Early days of course, but tighten your seatbelts for a rough ride this season. Remember it is still transitional.

September 10, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
Reply #711

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Wow is that true? Sobering.

09/10 4th
10/11 5th
11/12 4th
12/13 5th
13/14 6th
14/15 5th
15/16 3rd
16/17 2nd

September 10, 2017, 04:18:11 AM
Reply #712

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
09/10 4th
10/11 5th
11/12 4th
12/13 5th
13/14 6th
14/15 5th
15/16 3rd
16/17 2nd

Brilliant stuff from Spurs POV.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 10, 2017, 04:22:31 AM
Reply #713

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Brilliant stuff from Spurs POV.

Yes.

Although they spent a lot of money prior to that for a long time.

Was always an argument re Kenwright thinking everything was ok budget wise as Moyes was keeping us up there.

They were likely to get it right managerially at some point (which was Redknapp) and we'd struggle to keep up.

They coincided with the City money and we've finished above Spurs once (13/14) since.

September 10, 2017, 04:40:12 AM
Reply #714

ihatecollina

The pitch has been shortened lengthways and also width ways, to compensate for the lack of width I guess... no width, no pace, no height and no striker..... even I can see that.
The bird in the pink is back.....

September 10, 2017, 04:45:31 AM
Reply #715

Buck76

If they sold Kane and just played Jansen instead it'd be interesting to see how they'd cope.

If they keep there wage structure both Kane & Alli will go & Levy will rinse it to offset the new stadium, not securing a striker before Lukaku left or the Neymar deal was a massive costly mistake and Our board was played by the Rooney marketing trade off like a bunch of ameutures.

Everyone knew replacing Lukaku was required before letting him go & maybe Giroud would have been here if so but the inept balance of the squad with such a massive outlay is crazy when we've got both Walsh and Koeman on top wedge to ensure we've quality cover for every position and a well oiled system of play with a decent Plan B for when our backs are against the wall.

It's like a 6yr old got hold of your Football Manager team banged in a cheat in & even then managed to fuck your squad & tactics up... Its an embarrassment when you see what the likes of Watford & Huddlesfield have done.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:46:48 AM by Buck76 »

September 10, 2017, 04:45:41 AM
Reply #716

Ramjam

The next person who thinks Koeman is waiting for the Barca job and will jump ship when it is offered needs to see a shrink, it will never happen, his next job will be Stoke or Hull
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 10, 2017, 05:11:22 AM
Reply #717

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

Although they spent a lot of money prior to that for a long time.

Was always an argument re Kenwright thinking everything was ok budget wise as Moyes was keeping us up there.

They were likely to get it right managerially at some point (which was Redknapp) and we'd struggle to keep up.

They coincided with the City money and we've finished above Spurs once (13/14) since.

Not the context to our relationship to Spurs that a great deal of blues would immediately think, I reckon.

That might be me being a bit of a knob but my impression of Spurs was that they had been alright but had bale, then spent a shit load and were shit for a bit (presumably with us being better), then about 3 years ago Kane started scoring and they signed alli and hired poch and they're now one of the best in the league.

September 10, 2017, 05:16:56 AM
Reply #718

Everton Mint

Shearer telling it like it is on MOTD.. we were nowhere near them today.

September 10, 2017, 05:49:46 AM
Reply #719

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Shearer telling it like it is on MOTD.. we were nowhere near them today.

Shearers a thick cunt who can fuck off.

The only time he says anything is when it's fucking blindingly obvious.