October 21, 2017, 07:18:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Can Evertonians dream of winning multiple trophies this season?  (Read 945 times)

September 05, 2017, 02:30:03 AM
Reply #15

SANA_DR0

Can Evertonians dream of winning multiple trophies this season?

As the transfer window slams shut and Everton's first team squad going into the rest of the season is confirmed, we look at some of the odds on the Blues winning a trophy this season.

Source: Can Evertonians dream of winning multiple trophies this season?

sure, but dont take them dreams seriously, you'll end up more pissed off than me with our negative football.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

deCoubertin

September 05, 2017, 02:45:37 AM
Reply #16

WeimaranerBlues

wow, the seasons only 3 games in.....what a title

September 05, 2017, 03:25:32 AM
Reply #17

Everton Mint

Had a look earlier and I think our odds on winning the Europa was 25-1.

The bookies are rarely very far wrong.

September 05, 2017, 03:38:03 AM
Reply #18

Simon Paul

Administrator
Had a look earlier and I think our odds on winning the Europa was 25-1.

The bookies are rarely very far wrong.

Fourth favourite at 20s on Sky Bet

Shortest odds are 16s I think

September 05, 2017, 03:44:13 AM
Reply #19

Realist

September 05, 2017, 03:56:41 AM
Reply #20

Bluedylan

You can't ever plan or expect to win a knockout competition. Most excited and hopeful about the Europa League. At the very least we should expect that we only get knocked out of all the cups by genuinely strong opposition.

If we go out of one of the domestic cups to lower league opposition again, Koeman can fuck right off.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 05, 2017, 04:27:13 AM
Reply #21

gizzblue

Dream - yes
Reality - no
Let me guess ,cos we never replaced lukakus goals .😅😅😅

Thanks to Marky Mark for the pic.

September 05, 2017, 04:28:12 AM
Reply #22

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Dream - yes
Reality - no

So you don't think we can realistically win a cup? Have you seen some of the teams that get to finals some years? Cup football is always a different entity than League football - even without the striker we are yet to sign, I think there's a good chance we will win a trophy in the next two seasons.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 05, 2017, 04:28:32 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
Let me guess ,cos we never replaced lukakus goals .😅😅😅

Thanks to Marky Mark for the pic.

Give it a rest would you. Chasing the lad around every time he posts something is getting boring now.

September 05, 2017, 04:32:12 AM
Reply #24

gizzblue

Give it a rest would you. Chasing the lad around every time he posts something is getting boring now.
Fair enough but we all know now .😅

September 05, 2017, 04:37:52 AM
Reply #25

gizzblue

So you don't think we can realistically win a cup? Have you seen some of the teams that get to finals some years? Cup football is always a different entity than League football - even without the striker we are yet to sign, I think there's a good chance we will win a trophy in the next two seasons.
Gotta be an optomist to be an bluenose ..we're gonna win the lot 😅
Honest.

September 05, 2017, 04:40:26 AM
Reply #26

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta be an optomist to be an bluenose ..we're gonna win the lot 😅
Honest.

I'm optimistic by nature, but I genuinely think that our drought will come to an end soon and that once we've won a trophy we can kick on. It all depends on a number of variables of course but we will have a trophy soon. I can feel it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 05, 2017, 04:42:40 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

And yet over the last 20 years how many league and FA cups have been won by teams outside the top 6?

3 or 4 I think.

Not outside the realms of possibility but we very rarely win big games and even more rarely win big games not at goodison.

I don't like thinking about it really because I start to wonder what the fuck I'm doing, but the idea that we win a cup competition is really more about hope and dreams than it is about consistency or quality.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2017, 04:42:45 AM
Reply #28

gizzblue

I'm optimistic by nature, but I genuinely think that our drought will come to an end soon and that once we've won a trophy we can kick on. It all depends on a number of variables of course but we will have a trophy soon. I can feel it
I've actually thought this since RK took over (maybe the winner in him)...don't know what it is exactly but I'm sure it's on the cards ....
this time next year ......

September 05, 2017, 04:45:52 AM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I've actually thought this since RK took over (maybe the winner in him)...don't know what it is exactly but I'm sure it's on the cards ....
this time next year ......
His record in cups is pretty wank tbh tho

In answer to the question of course we can dream

It's really hard to see how we will win one tho at present

Simply simply lovely