October 23, 2017, 09:31:59 AM

Author Topic: Best Everton Book?  (Read 839 times)

September 07, 2017, 12:50:42 AM
Reply #15

bacon sarnie

Looking For The Toffees by Brian Viner, Love Affairs & Marriage by Howard Kendall & The Everton Quiz Book by Alex Hosie are a start and may be part of the Rooney library - up there on the shelf alongside Roy of the Rovers & Dandy & Beano Christmas annuals.

deCoubertin

September 07, 2017, 02:27:27 AM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

Harry Catterick - The Untold Story Of A Football Great: by Rob Sawyer

Blues & Beatles - Football, Family and the Fab Four: by Neil Roberts
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 07, 2017, 03:27:36 AM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

Looking For The Toffees by Brian Viner, Love Affairs & Marriage by Howard Kendall & The Everton Quiz Book by Alex Hosie are a start and may be part of the Rooney library - up there on the shelf alongside Roy of the Rovers & Dandy & Beano Christmas annuals.

I bought the last "Looking for the Toffees" Amazon had in stock.  I tip my (Everton) cap to you, good sir.  It arrives Saturday, hope it brings us luck against Spurs.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 07, 2017, 03:40:35 AM
Reply #18

Tony hibberts right foot

you know what, this never gets a mention and I worked bloody hard on it!

http://amzn.to/2xPdJQf

"Cup Final Blues" - the history of our FA Cup Finals and interviews with players and managers who took part in them

The 100 Greatest Everton Moments was one of yours wasn't it Si? Great read from what i remember so going to have to dig it out again.

September 07, 2017, 07:16:06 AM
Reply #19

bacon sarnie

I bought the last "Looking for the Toffees" Amazon had in stock.  I tip my (Everton) cap to you, good sir.  It arrives Saturday, hope it brings us luck against Spurs.

You're in for a very pleasant read my friend. Great times to be a football fan/Evertonian laid out in x amount of pages. Will stay your mind from Trump, atom bombs and weather bombs for a wee while. Bottle of rum and serious spliff recommended while reading of course.

Ee-eye-addio-we won the cup  :thumbsup:

September 07, 2017, 06:49:55 PM
Reply #20

Simon Paul

Administrator
The 100 Greatest Everton Moments was one of yours wasn't it Si? Great read from what i remember so going to have to dig it out again.

Yeah mate, that was ours too

Did much better than the cup final one, probably for obvious reasons!!

September 07, 2017, 08:56:16 PM
Reply #21

Bingham Boy

Gorge Orr's Everton in the 60s and Everton in the 70s. The new book from James Corbett sounds good too, looking forward to reading it a chapter at a time in WH Smiths on my dinner break.

September 07, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Reply #22

MIG

Gorge Orr's Everton in the 60s and Everton in the 70s. The new book from James Corbett sounds good too, looking forward to reading it a chapter at a time in WH Smiths on my dinner break.

A new level of cheap skatery there.

September 07, 2017, 09:12:42 PM
Reply #23

Bingham Boy

A new level of cheap skatery there.
I have many levels of cheap skatery! I must have been mid 20s by the time I stopped paying as kid to get in the match.

September 08, 2017, 12:22:28 AM
Reply #24

Simon Paul

Administrator

did my interview with James on Tuesday for the chapter on "fan media" etc

September 08, 2017, 03:26:15 AM
Reply #25

Bingham Boy

did my interview with James on Tuesday for the chapter on "fan media" etc
I would've thought the book was completed? It's out soon isn't it? I don't know the process it goes through mind, Dd they have a quick turn around from when it is finished to when it gets in the store?

September 08, 2017, 03:28:29 AM
Reply #26

Simon Paul

Administrator
I would've thought the book was completed? It's out soon isn't it? I don't know the process it goes through mind, Dd they have a quick turn around from when it is finished to when it gets in the store?

don't think the printing time is too long to be honest, but it's in the final stages of production and reckon I was a late addition rather than part of the original plan!

it's 250,000 words apparently, which makes it pretty epic!