October 23, 2017, 10:00:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton made a mistake not signing a prolific striker?  (Read 2639 times)

September 07, 2017, 09:21:27 PM
Reply #30

Realist

He's not a target man type striker.

I get that but he scores goals

deCoubertin

September 07, 2017, 09:24:56 PM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I get that but he scores goals

Only scored more than 13 league goals once in European football.

Would have been fine with a target man to play with; but the central striker was meant to help the rest of the team play.

Hernandez doesn't really do that.

September 07, 2017, 09:27:53 PM
Reply #32

Realist

Only scored more than 13 league goals once in European football.

Would have been fine with a target man to play with; but the central striker was meant to help the rest of the team play.

Hernandez doesn't really do that.

I get what you're saying but he'd score more than DCL, Niasse & Sandro put together
Pointless argument really as we weren't interested & this iOS hindsight I guess :thumbsup:

September 07, 2017, 09:34:24 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

I get what you're saying but he'd score more than DCL, Niasse & Sandro put together
Pointless argument really as we weren't interested & this iOS hindsight I guess :thumbsup:

I don't think you get it
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 07, 2017, 09:59:40 PM
Reply #34

Marky Mark and the funky

A Javier reaching double figures would surely have been worth a punt at the price the 'ammers paid? Just because we needed a target man more it does not change the fact Hernández could have been a quality addition...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:01:01 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 07, 2017, 10:01:02 PM
Reply #35

Realist

September 07, 2017, 10:13:24 PM
Reply #36

formerKHL

what do people mean by prolific ?

to replace lukaku ?

that would mean signing someone who gets 25 or more goals a season...

messi, Ronaldo, kane, aguero, etc...do people really believe we could of signed a replacement for lukaku of lukaku's stature...they're just not out there....

sign a striker by all means....... but a "prolific" striker to "replace" lukaku....was never gonna happen..

September 07, 2017, 10:39:30 PM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

would he fuck.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 07, 2017, 10:53:03 PM
Reply #38

gizzblue

^^^^this^^^^

No proof at all Chicarito will score as many let alone more than our strikers ...and certainly doesn't bring others into play whatsoever .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:55:09 PM by gizzblue »

September 07, 2017, 11:16:50 PM
Reply #39

Marky Mark and the funky

Cos who wants a borne finisher eh? This is a case of @Defeatist said it so let's nuke the entire suggestion from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

DISCLAIMER: For your sanity, you may want to mute the awful audio on this video.

September 07, 2017, 11:23:49 PM
Reply #40

gizzblue

Cos who wants a borne finisher eh? This is a case of @Defeatist said it so let's nuke the entire suggestion from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

DISCLAIMER: For your sanity, you may want to mute the awful audio on this video.
He's only ever been a back up anywhere ....he won't do it at West ham for more than ten games I guarantee it ...in fact next time I'm in the bookies I may have a pop on him being injured for over ten games this year .😅😅😅.

September 07, 2017, 11:41:01 PM
Reply #41

kramer0

I can't be bothered watching that video but I really hope it has the goal he scored off his face. That goal is a classic.

September 07, 2017, 11:44:53 PM
Reply #42

van der Meyde

Don't get what?
It goes back to the arguments that people kept having about Lukaku in some ways. Sure, Lukaku scored 20+ goals last season but nobody else got close to double figures. A lot of people thought we'd have been better off with a striker who scored fewer goals but brought other players in to the game more.

What you're suggesting is fairly similar to that, but with a striker who isn't as good a goal scorer as Lukaku, is worse at holding the ball up and whose best numbers have come when playing with 2 up front - something we don't look like doing.

Chicarito doesn't particularly fit the bill of making us a better team in that regard, especially given the squad we have.

September 08, 2017, 12:08:52 AM
Reply #43

SANA_DR0

Shoulda bought Chicharito but ah well it is what it is

or the Brighton/Holland striker Davy Pröpper (can always do with more Davys in the team)
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 08, 2017, 02:20:12 AM
Reply #44

Realist

Haha do you guys wait for me to post so you's can blow your lids? Haha
Guaranteed he scores more than all of them put together
How many Prem goals does he have this season vs our 3?  ;)