December 15, 2017, 01:11:26 AM

Author Topic: [News]Have Everton made a mistake not signing a prolific striker?  (Read 3500 times)

September 23, 2017, 07:37:29 PM
Reply #75

kramer0

Since Koeman has been at the club, we've signed 16 players for the first team. Only 5 of them - Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Klaassen, Sandro, and Onyekuru - were players that he didn't recently work with or manage against. That doesn't look good, whether it's Walsh, Koeman, or both.

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that we didn't get a centre forward this summer. We've been buying almost exclusively from the Premier League, which is a bad market in general but even more so for strikers.

At least we're in Europe now. Who wants to bet that Petagna is the first forward we're linked with in January?

deCoubertin

September 23, 2017, 08:02:35 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not having those €70m Costa shouts or the cavani or koulibaly shouts. Makes me less confident that we're actually in for these players when stuff like that comes out - we spend all summer trying to buy mid table players then suddenly secret bids come out for top tier players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2017, 12:47:16 AM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really, really worried by a claim I've seen on twitter that Walsh has told a lad who asked him about the Costa bid : "I wish."

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2017, 01:43:19 AM
Reply #78

van der Meyde

Really, really worried by a claim I've seen on twitter that Walsh has told a lad who asked him about the Costa bid : "I wish."
Why?

Did you think we actually had 66m to splunk on Costa?

September 24, 2017, 01:47:42 AM
Reply #79

Faceatthefence

Since Koeman has been at the club, we've signed 16 players for the first team. Only 5 of them - Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Klaassen, Sandro, and Onyekuru - were players that he didn't recently work with or manage against. That doesn't look good, whether it's Walsh, Koeman, or both.

It shouldn't be much of a surprise that we didn't get a centre forward this summer. We've been buying almost exclusively from the Premier League, which is a bad market in general but even more so for strikers.

At least we're in Europe now. Who wants to bet that Petagna is the first forward we're linked with in January?
Or Shane Long
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.