October 21, 2017, 02:51:14 AM

Author Topic: Transfer Window thread (no, not one of them)  (Read 681 times)

September 07, 2017, 08:37:41 PM
Read 681 times

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From next season, the transfer window will close in England at 5pm the Thursday before the 1st game of the season.
Purchases only - international windows still mean foreign clubs can buy premier league players after our window has closed.

Only beneficial if other markets follow suit in my opinion.

deCoubertin

September 07, 2017, 08:43:50 PM
Reply #1

MIG

I've read its buying and selling?

Premier League clubs have voted to close next summer's transfer window before the season starts.

Managers have complained that the ability for players to move when the season is under way causes disruption to their squads and preparations.

From next season, the window will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the Premier League season begins.

The decision was not unanimous and does not impact upon the length of the window in the Football League.

But the move means Premier League clubs will not be able to sign or sell players when their season is under way, while other European leagues will continue to allow such movement until 31 August.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:46:54 PM by MIG »

September 07, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Reply #2

Macca77

September 07, 2017, 08:58:49 PM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Between themselves that bit seems to refer to.

The only thing the premier league can do is refuse to register players, cant stop other associations from doing so (which is why Turkish clubs are still able to sign premier league players for another 2 days)

September 07, 2017, 09:24:07 PM
Reply #4

Macca77

September 07, 2017, 10:01:25 PM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

I think it's still beneficial, although yes it would be better to have uniformity across Europe.

After the deadline passes, the squad will mostly be settled.

Sales to clubs outside of Britain are still reasonably rare.

September 07, 2017, 10:08:37 PM
Reply #6

Marky Mark and the funky

Why can't we have the domestic transfer window closing as per this change AND stay in line with everyone else for foreign transfers so English/Welsh clubs can still buy and sell from overseas after their permission to trade between themselves was over?

September 07, 2017, 10:16:12 PM
Reply #7

formerKHL

don't see what difference that would make...

it's a bit like saying it closes on x day but is actually still open until Y day...

just get rid of it all together for me....another European idiotic idea...

anyone want a straight banana ?

September 07, 2017, 10:22:08 PM
Reply #8

Marky Mark and the funky

it's a bit like saying it closes on x day but is actually still open until Y day...

The difference would be that as of now PL teams can still have their players distracted and perhaps eventually bought by foreign clubs after their own permission to purchase has ended. We might as well start by fixing the domestic business without penalising our own league when dealing with overseas.

Not backing the do away with the window call, personally ;)

September 07, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
Reply #9

BlueNoseMike

Think it's daft tbh but in a way I can see this impacting the top teams most (and therefore benefiting us?). The big players from the top clubs seemingly move abroad or are more often linked to teams abroad wheras the middle and lower teams best players get cherry picked from the top clubs in the league. I'm merely basing that on stuff that's popped up in my head, this might not necessarily be the case**.

I also think they've picked the worst Summer to start this, what with the World Cup being on

**Liverpool's top player's in recent memory (Suarez and Coutinho)
Ronaldo went abroad, De Gea is normally linked with foreign teams
Hazard linked with teams abroad

Wheras likes of us normally lose our top players to better teams in our league - Lukaku, Fellaini, Arteta, etc (When did one of our best players last leave us for a foreign team? Gravesen?)

Sanchez and Matic, Torres, RVP are rare examples of a top English team's player moving (or potentially moving) to another top team

September 07, 2017, 11:01:21 PM
Reply #10

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
From next season, the transfer window will close in England at 5pm the Thursday before the 1st game of the season.
Purchases only - international windows still mean foreign clubs can buy premier league players after our window has closed.

Great idea if others follow
Stupid if they don't

Simply simply lovely

September 08, 2017, 01:17:37 AM
Reply #11

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

dont know how old you are but transfer deadline Day was a fact long before England joined the EU Happy to see you leave if you blame the European Union for transfer deadline

September 08, 2017, 01:30:35 AM
Reply #12

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst I'm loath to back any anti-european sentiment, you've got that quite badly wrong mate.

The transfer window was enforced in 2002 in direct response to EC discussions.

Ok, the EU has only really been called that since the Lisbon treaty in 09.
But the EU as the entity all these little Englanders dislike is the same thing since the EC was created in the Maastricht treaty in 93 (or the EEC since Rome in 58).
It is definitely just semantics between them all from the UK position really.

September 08, 2017, 02:47:59 AM
Reply #13

Simon Paul

Administrator
good

would have stopped Stones crying in motorway service stations instead of focusing on his game, and would have stopped us playing Joleon Lescott in a terrible game and blaming him for the result despite him being one of our best players on the day

September 09, 2017, 02:06:44 PM
Reply #14

Hesmenos

The Italian teams are up for closing the window earlier as well.
Its going to be a bit risky if the other big leagues don't follow suit, but then they would also have to all agree to start their seasons at the same time.