November 19, 2017, 01:23:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 12487 times)

September 21, 2017, 06:18:45 PM
Reply #120

plumber

ignore it, i was asleep.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:21:06 PM by plumber »

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
Reply #121

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 21, 2017, 06:25:51 PM
Reply #122

Macca77

Sky Sports is a lying twat then

September 21, 2017, 06:27:24 PM
Reply #123

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

No surprise there. I thought he won it too because most of the media said he had, it was only when it was mentioned he hadn't, I decided to look into it a little bit more.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 21, 2017, 06:31:11 PM
Reply #124

Everton Mint

He may not be the greatest all round striker in terms of build-up play, but he does appear to to able to finish.

Remiiiind you of anyone ? ;)

September 21, 2017, 06:34:15 PM
Reply #125

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He may not be the greatest all round striker in terms of build-up play, but he does appear to to able to finish.

Remiiiind you of anyone ? ;)

Well, if we can get 75 million raising to 90 million for him, I'd be exceptionally happy. :)
- Walt Disney

September 21, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Reply #126

Waltzer

Yep, I remember they all led with it at the time then it came out as being BS, Im not sure but I think it might have been fans player of the year or something like that?

September 21, 2017, 06:57:15 PM
Reply #127

Rhys

Yep, I remember they all led with it at the time then it came out as being BS, Im not sure but I think it might have been fans player of the year or something like that?

It wasnt even Lokomotiv's fans player of the year, turns out he won player of the month once...

September 21, 2017, 07:00:06 PM
Reply #128

eyesalwaysblue

Niasse doing well really gets some people's backs up it seems.
Especially koemans, maybe he's taking Barkley to Mcdonalds today to sort that 1 out while he's feeling so relieved.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 21, 2017, 07:03:30 PM
Reply #129

BlueForYou

Hard work pays off

Other players take note

The manager made the call, brought him in, put him on and Oumar repaid that decision

To be applauded

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:49:35 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 21, 2017, 07:13:55 PM
Reply #130

Ross

Especially koemans, maybe he's taking Barkley to Mcdonalds today to sort that 1 out while he's feeling so relieved.

The people you meet on the way up...... etc etc
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 21, 2017, 07:16:36 PM
Reply #131

Jamokachi

Niasse doing well really gets some people's backs up it seems.

No, people falling over themselves in a desperate search for yet another sub par cult hero gets peoples backs up. Our recent past is riddled with them. It's small time.

September 21, 2017, 07:22:23 PM
Reply #132

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's a bit embarrassing myself the way so he seems to becoming some sort of cult hero a la Eddie the Eagle. He's not a serious option for the first team, he's pretty crap and there's no way top clubs' fans would accept this sort of player at their club. Makes us look small time IMO. I also don't understand why he should be getting credit for not being a knob. How he's behaved has been normal and no more. Perhaps even a bit desperate. And let's forget he's no angel off the pitch either. Anyway whatever we probably won't see that much of him anyway.
But football's all about escapism and fun and some people take it so seriously they lose sight of this. Of course he doesn't look good enough for the PL (I might be proved wrong!!!) but he's been a 'story' for various reasons since his arrival, he came on with the game won, ironic cheers and clapping and he scores a goal.
All part of the magic of the game - let's not lose that just because things could be better in other ways. He's just become part of folklore - let's enjoy it.☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 21, 2017, 07:28:51 PM
Reply #133

eyesalwaysblue

No, people falling over themselves in a desperate search for yet another sub par cult hero gets peoples backs up. Our recent past is riddled with them. It's small time.
That's not the fans fault it's the deal we've been dealt since the 80s, this should have been different altogether, especially after all the trumpets, now that has been embarassing.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 21, 2017, 07:40:59 PM
Reply #134

Ross

I don't think anyone's searching for anything with Niasse, if there's a current unwarranted cult hero it's probably Sandro judging by the reaction to his signing in the summer.

It's just most people want to see Everton players doing well because that'll most likely mean Everton are doing well. Quiet why that is obviously annoying some is a mystery.

Surely everyone's a winner here if Niasse comes good and contributes this season to us winning games, even Koeman?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.