October 18, 2017, 08:06:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 10360 times)

September 08, 2017, 01:56:19 AM
Reply #15

Marky Mark and the funky

gone by June mate

he won't sign a contact extension and I'd be amazed if Everton keep him to run down his contract after the way we got burned by Moyes doing that

At present, wouldn't be sad if he was. Woss has shown the way forward.

I am a bit sad for watching some of his press conferences but he does seem to get a twinkle in his eye about the team development, I would not be surprised to see him sign an extension if we maintain 7th and get some good cup runs this year.

He won't get as good a gig as us unless he leaves on a high so that could go either way if we finish in the top six/win a trophy.

deCoubertin

September 08, 2017, 02:00:24 AM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

That's Mirallas for the U23's
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 08, 2017, 02:08:16 AM
Reply #17

Simon Paul

Administrator
At present, wouldn't be sad if he was. Woss has shown the way forward.

I am a bit sad for watching some of his press conferences but he does seem to get a twinkle in his eye about the team development, I would not be surprised to see him sign an extension if we maintain 7th and get some good cup runs this year.

He won't get as good a gig as us unless he leaves on a high so that could go either way if we finish in the top six/win a trophy.

we're a stepping stone, which is fine as long as he leaves us better than when he came, but let's not kid ourselves that he's looking at anything other than the next step on the ladder to Barcelona.

good luck to him if he gets there, but he's not engaged with the fans, not really had us playing mind-blowing football, and his first season in the cups was awful. 

unless he wins us a cup then all he'll be remembered as in years to come is "Oh yeah, he managed us for a couple of years didn't he?" whenever he's quoted on the Dutch side's chances at a World Cup

if he wins us a cup then he'll rightly be remembered as the manager who helped turn us back into a global power again - because I believe that once we win one trophy, we'll win loads!

September 08, 2017, 02:25:00 AM
Reply #18

Realist

Barkley didn't leave to supply the required funds to buy a striker so RK has to climb down embarrassingly
Bet Ronald's made up

September 08, 2017, 02:26:27 AM
Reply #19

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

if he wins us a cup then he'll rightly be remembered as the manager who helped turn us back into a global power again - because I believe that once we win one trophy, we'll win loads!
That's how I felt in 1995..... then again I didn't feel that Way in 1984 ...

September 08, 2017, 02:35:05 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley didn't leave to supply the required funds to buy a striker so RK has to climb down embarrassingly
Bet Ronald's made up
Well said

Simply simply lovely

September 08, 2017, 02:37:34 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
I think people are a bit obsessed with him and Barcelona, just because he wants the Barca job doesn't mean he'll get it. I can't see him getting it anytime soon unless he's successful with us or his next club if he leaves.

He's in his mid fifties, been in management for 17-18 years and other than Valverde doesn't really seem to fit in with the age profile of recent Barca managers. He's a Barca legend yet has consistently been over looked for the job in favour of younger, less experienced managers even when he was assistant back in 2000. It would seem that Barca are more willing to take a go on a less experienced manager than someone who is becoming a bit of a journeyman manager. His style of play also doesn't fit in with Barca either.

September 08, 2017, 02:39:19 AM
Reply #22

Tony Clifton

Either an admission we fucked up not getting a striker or he's swallowing hard on some humble pie. Credit to Niasse though as handled himself very well and professionally.

Bit of both I reckon.  About time the old "Everton aren't we?" became a good thing with Niasse helping us - and Koeman - win our first piece of silver for a while - - Koeman gets caught on camera calling Niasse a useless cunt as he scores the winner in the League Cup final.

September 08, 2017, 02:40:21 AM
Reply #23

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Yet despite a lack of strikers in the Europa League squad he isn't in that.. so presumably this is just in case we need him in the league cup?

September 08, 2017, 02:45:40 AM
Reply #24

Simon Paul

Administrator
I think people are a bit obsessed with him and Barcelona, just because he wants the Barca job doesn't mean he'll get it. I can't see him getting it anytime soon unless he's successful with us or his next club if he leaves.

He's in his mid fifties, been in management for 17-18 years and other than Valverde doesn't really seem to fit in with the age profile of recent Barca managers. He's a Barca legend yet has consistently been over looked for the job in favour of younger, less experienced managers even when he was assistant back in 2000. It would seem that Barca are more willing to take a go on a less experienced manager than someone who is becoming a bit of a journeyman manager. His style of play also doesn't fit in with Barca either.

Oh I don't think he'll get the Barca job in a million years

I'm not him though

September 08, 2017, 02:50:21 AM
Reply #25

indiantoffee1975

Like I said previously Koeman doesn't owe Everton anything. He's a contractor to the club for 3 years and is free to go at the end of it. My gut feeling is he'll be gone next summer. Don't think Kenwright or Moshiri can deliver what he wants and match his ambitions.

September 08, 2017, 03:06:02 AM
Reply #26

Shogun

Administrator
Absolute non-issue.

Hardly a climbdown. He was given a squad number last season. He still never played for us for no other reason than he's badly, badly shite.

You're kidding yourself thinking Koeman didn't play him because he doesn't rate him.

It's pure ego.

If he thinks Arouna Kone is good enough then Niasse is too.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 08, 2017, 03:17:08 AM
Reply #27

Realist

Like I said previously Koeman doesn't owe Everton anything. He's a contractor to the club for 3 years and is free to go at the end of it. My gut feeling is he'll be gone next summer. Don't think Kenwright or Moshiri can deliver what he wants and match his ambitions.

I'm not sold on Moshiri & don't like Kenwright but having said that it's not like Koeman is an elite manager who's in demand or who will demand the club meets his ambitions, he's also on a banging contract so I think he's around for a while

September 08, 2017, 03:32:56 AM
Reply #28

SANA_DR0

That's how I felt in 1995..... then again I didn't feel that Way in 1984 ...

What this and reality has shown me is, for Everton to win trophies we need an Evertonian in charge.

i dont dislike Koeman, i detest the way he has made us play(even worse than the moyes era lol)

I'm hoping he steps up, but if not my Unsworth shouts that got hated on, hopefully will happen..
I can see us winning countless trophies with him in charge.

win win either way, just gotta put up with boring ass dutch football.(boring ass dutch football has to be an oxymoron)
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 08, 2017, 03:37:51 AM
Reply #29

Realist

What this and reality has shown me is, for Everton to win trophies we need an Evertonian in charge.

i dont dislike Koeman, i detest the way he has made us play(even worse than the moyes era lol)

I'm hoping he steps up, but if not my Unsworth shouts that got hated on, hopefully will happen..
I can see us winning countless trophies with him in charge.

win win either way, just gotta put up with boring ass dutch football.(boring ass dutch football has to be an oxymoron)

What you want Unsworth as manager?