October 23, 2017, 02:53:46 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 10699 times)

September 08, 2017, 03:43:43 AM
Reply #30

Juanito

Like I said previously Koeman doesn't owe Everton anything. He's a contractor to the club for 3 years and is free to go at the end of it. My gut feeling is he'll be gone next summer. Don't think Kenwright or Moshiri can deliver what he wants and match his ambitions.

I think we need to consider Moshiri's ambitions and if Koeman matches it.
He is one of the highest paid managers in the league and needs to deliver himself.

deCoubertin

September 08, 2017, 03:49:26 AM
Reply #31

SANA_DR0

any genuine Evertonian would be good, only basing that off of 1984(Kendall) and 1995(Royle)
I guess it has to be a new Evertonian as manager as Kendall was there multiple times and never won anything again. ;/

lol dont take me to seriously, im just adding on to Simons and Polledrengs' posts.

Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 08, 2017, 03:49:34 AM
Reply #32

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
What this and reality has shown me is, for Everton to win trophies we need an Evertonian in charge.

i dont dislike Koeman, i detest the way he has made us play(even worse than the moyes era lol)

I'm hoping he steps up, but if not my Unsworth shouts that got hated on, hopefully will happen..
I can see us winning countless trophies with him in charge.

win win either way, just gotta put up with boring ass dutch football.(boring ass dutch football has to be an oxymoron)

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 08, 2017, 04:00:17 AM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon Koeman knows he has a good thing here and will sign a new deal within the next 12 months.

If he doesn't then Moshiri will simply move on.

September 08, 2017, 04:00:40 AM
Reply #34

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
gone by June mate

he won't sign a contact extension and I'd be amazed if Everton keep him to run down his contract after the way we got burned by Moyes doing that

Running the contract down wasn't the problem.

It was not expecting him to leave that was the issue.

September 08, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wait til we have a barnstorming cup run.

Nothing in the world like the old lady bouncing in the night time, floodlights glaring, away team looking about like rabbits as all four sides of the ground scream down at them, the blues getting a little extra in the tank, a little more meat in the tackle, first to the second ball a little bit quicker.

We're on the march with koeman's army...

If that doesn't make him fall in love with Everton it's not that he's a contracted professional it's that he may well be a T1000 managerial cyborg.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:51:00 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 08, 2017, 04:29:50 AM
Reply #36

hill135

You're kidding yourself thinking Koeman didn't play him because he doesn't rate him.

It's pure ego.

If he thinks Arouna Kone is good enough then Niasse is too.

Why would he do that?

Martinez bought a lot of shite and they all got game time except this guy. The fact that the man who bought him never played him either says to me it's simply a case of him not being up to scratch.

Anyway, regardless of the reasons for freezing him out, it's still not a climbdown. He was in the squad last season and didn't play. He's in the squad this season and won't play. We had inadequate striking options last season and he didn't play. We still have inadequate striking options and he won't play

September 08, 2017, 05:20:49 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why would he do that?

Martinez bought a lot of shite and they all got game time except this guy. The fact that the man who bought him never played him either says to me it's simply a case of him not being up to scratch.

Anyway, regardless of the reasons for freezing him out, it's still not a climbdown. He was in the squad last season and didn't play. He's in the squad this season and won't play. We had inadequate striking options last season and he didn't play. We still have inadequate striking options and he won't play

He was training with the reserves last season.

Now he's with the first team.

That's a lot different to be fair.

September 08, 2017, 05:46:05 AM
Reply #38

starblood

No Evertonian can say, with absolute authority, that Niasse is "badly, badly shite" because none of us have seen enough of him play for the Blues.

I'll admit that what we all saw at Goodison didn't look promising, however you've got to give the guy a little leeway (the team were playing poorly, the manager was a lame duck, the player had relocated to a new country and league etc.).

How you start your Everton career is not always a good pointer (Bilyaletdinov, Jo and Michael Branch would all tell you that I'm sure, as they all had impressive beginnings that didn't pan out too well).

September 08, 2017, 06:40:17 AM
Reply #39

bacon sarnie

Can't wait for him to make Ronald look a cunt. Round for the bar that day/night, aye (and  fuck off with the hell freezes over shite.)

:cheers:

September 08, 2017, 07:57:40 AM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Be boss if anyone in blue scored the winner at anfield tbf
I'd even take a red scoring the winner at Anfield. If it was an own goal.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 08, 2017, 09:34:09 AM
Reply #41

kramer0

Ah, Martinez. Wanted us to play possession football. Bought Oumar Niasse, who lacks almost all of the qualities to play that style. And he wasn't cheap either.

The issues we have with recruitment now are small in comparison to what was happening under Martinez/Reeves. It would have been fascinating/horrifying to see what they would have done with real money.

September 08, 2017, 10:52:05 AM
Reply #42

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I'd even take a red scoring the winner at Anfield. If it was an own goal.
that made me remember the derby game when it felt like the concurses at the old lady was about to Fall Down like London Bridge when People where screaming Hyypia hyypia.... Great goal by the way  ;)

September 08, 2017, 11:28:23 AM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He was training with the reserves last season.

Now he's with the first team.

That's a lot different to be fair.

The fact that he didn't name him in the EL squad, when he put Coleman and Connolly in, suggests that saying he's with the first team either a) a way of showing how poor it was not to get a striker and / or b) just thinking he might as well be around in case of an injury crisis and / or c) keeping his value up for Jan.

September 08, 2017, 02:01:37 PM
Reply #44

TSGun

The fact that he didn't name him in the EL squad, when he put Coleman and Connolly in, suggests that saying he's with the first team either a) a way of showing how poor it was not to get a striker and / or b) just thinking he might as well be around in case of an injury crisis and / or c) keeping his value up for Jan.
Most probably all of the above to some extent.

It's a good move that can't hurt anybody involved.