December 18, 2018, 04:27:14 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 25411 times)

September 08, 2017, 06:41:05 PM
Read 25411 times

Ross

He scored 4 goals for Hull.

In the same period of time that Giroud only scored 5 goals for free scoring Arsenal.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 08, 2017, 06:50:20 PM
Reply #1

Ross

Yep. You got me there. Thank god we didn't get that shit international, proven premiership striker now who ended up scoring 3 times as many goals in just ten appearances more.

Who needs him when we have the free scoring bumbling Niasse.

Who knows what the "bumbling Niasse" would have scored in a free scoring team given the same amount of games?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 08, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Reply #2

Ross

If he was any good, no doubt a free scoring top club would be busting a gut to sign him.

They did, he just picked up an injury when he signed for them which hampered his start.

September 21, 2017, 06:14:28 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Niasse doing well really gets some people's backs up it seems.

September 21, 2017, 07:13:55 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Especially koemans, maybe he's taking Barkley to Mcdonalds today to sort that 1 out while he's feeling so relieved.

The people you meet on the way up...... etc etc

September 21, 2017, 07:40:59 PM
Reply #5

Ross

No, people falling over themselves in a desperate search for yet another sub par cult hero gets peoples backs up. Our recent past is riddled with them. It's small time.

I don't think anyone's searching for anything with Niasse, if there's a current unwarranted cult hero it's probably Sandro judging by the reaction to his signing in the summer.

It's just most people want to see Everton players doing well because that'll most likely mean Everton are doing well. Quiet why that is obviously annoying some is a mystery.

Surely everyone's a winner here if Niasse comes good and contributes this season to us winning games, even Koeman?

September 21, 2017, 07:53:33 PM
Reply #6

Ross

True, however the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent will apply here. I think he can have a role to play for us, but it will be a Valencia type role at best. He isn't the answer, as he wasn't for Hull last season. He can score, no doubt about that, but don't make him out to be anything he isn't.

The thing that impresses me most about him is his ability to keep going, to work hard and have a great attitude. That can sometimes equate to greater value than talent, but not in the long run.

What are you looking for him to be the answer to?

You're admitting he's got goals in him what more do you want him to do Blargs?

Not seen anyway saying he's some kind of superstar, but it's clear this team is lacking goals, and pace up front, and this fella has both so it's hardly the most difficult puzzle to solve at the moment is it.

September 21, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
Reply #7

Ross

It's inspite of Koeman though isn't it? Like some sort of stick to beat him with. As if to say "well Niasse can score goals so Koeman must be a fucking dick head". And that's been alluded to plenty. Whereas the fact remains that Our Niasse will always be sub-standard to the level Everton are aiming to be at under Koeman.

If we have to rely on him, I hope he scores goals, that goes without saying. But if he never plays another minute for us, I won't lose any sleep. Much as I never lost any sleep when Bent left, or Beckford, or Stracqualursi, etc, etc... because they were never good enough, despite fan protestation.

We're a team struggling for goals and short of a striker and we've got this fella already on our books who seems to have a uncanny knack of knocking in goals and has been getting ignored for the last 14 months.

Of course if it continues as it is Koeman would look like a dickhead to carry on ignoring him while he complains about our lack of "productivity" in the final third, and people will rightly call him out on it.

September 24, 2017, 04:50:07 AM
Reply #8

Ross

Yep. Another big mistake by Koeman.

Some people are to busy celebrating our win over Bournemouth to care about that!

September 24, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
Reply #9

Ross

There's been plenty of not the best players who have scored in the pl

Niasse has a long way to go to prove he is of a high standard

Let's hope he gets there

Don't think anyone's expecting him to suddenly become a superstar but it's clear he's far from the donkey some have portrayed him as.

September 24, 2017, 08:57:23 PM
Reply #10

Ross

Mainly Koeman ...whistles

At least he's seemingly swallowed his pride, heaven forbid people would have to acknowledged they're wrong in the internet.

September 28, 2017, 02:49:58 PM
Reply #11

Ross

Echo podcast reckon Niasse was reintroduced to first team affairs under the request of the board.

Thats what I suspected. You can't go complaining to the media that you've got no productivity up front and have this fella in the u23's knocking in goals regularly while getting paid 50k a week but never getting a chance in the first team.

There's only so much you can push the board about the failure to get a forward before they pushed back.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:52:05 PM by Ross »

October 02, 2017, 06:06:42 PM
Reply #12

Ross

He looked like our most likely goalscorer yesterday. Not sure what people want from him.

March 07, 2018, 08:39:08 PM
Reply #13

Ross