October 18, 2017, 11:01:39 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 10320 times)

September 08, 2017, 06:51:46 PM
Reply #60

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Who knows what the "bumbling Niasse" would have scored in a free scoring team given the same amount of games?

Asrenal wouldn't go anywhere near him cos he is technically flawed

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

September 08, 2017, 06:55:11 PM
Reply #61

bigmanbob

Ha, ha Blarg wins the sarcasm award for the day :)

September 08, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Reply #62

Ross

If he was any good, no doubt a free scoring top club would be busting a gut to sign him.

They did, he just picked up an injury when he signed for them which hampered his start.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 08, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Reply #63

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They did, he just picked up an injury when he signed for them which hampered his start.

Didn't know he had an injury at the start of his Lokomotiv Moscow career.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 08, 2017, 07:11:37 PM
Reply #64

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Anyway, regardless of the reasons for freezing him out, it's still not a climbdown. He was in the squad last season and didn't play. He's in the squad this season and won't play. We had inadequate striking options last season and he didn't play. We still have inadequate striking options and he won't play

The only way this isn't a climbdown is if you change the meaning of the word climbdown.

Frankly bizarre interpretation of events from you here.

September 08, 2017, 07:13:48 PM
Reply #65

.Matty

Need to get a chant of "Feed Niasse, Feed Niasse, Feed Niasse and he will score" going tomorrow.

September 08, 2017, 07:40:30 PM
Reply #66

Evertonian in NC

Cups are one thing, we don't have the squad depth to really compete.  I'll believe it when I see it otherwise.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 08, 2017, 08:09:55 PM
Reply #67

Bluenose 91

People need to stop kidding themselves that he's anything other than complete and total shite.

He might come off the bench in an early cup game at best.

September 08, 2017, 08:13:58 PM
Reply #68

hill135

The only way this isn't a climbdown is if you change the meaning of the word climbdown.

Frankly bizarre interpretation of events from you here.

Tell you what I'll admit I'm wrong when he play a single minute for us this season.

September 08, 2017, 08:20:45 PM
Reply #69

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Tell you what I'll admit I'm wrong when he play a single minute for us this season.

But whether he plays or not is immaterial to whether Koeman has backed down here - that's what our side of the fence is arguing.
Maybe at cross-purposes.

Chances of him getting minutes this year? Minute. Chances of even being on the bench? Slim.
Chances of either of those things compared to last year? Astronomically high all of a sudden.

Koeman banished him, didn't give him a locker and was happy to ignore his existance last year.
This year, yesterday to be exact, he has confirmed he will give Niasse a chance. OK, that will only be in training, but it is a big difference compared to this time last year.

September 08, 2017, 09:19:03 PM
Reply #70

gizzblue

Shop window till January is all .

September 08, 2017, 10:03:18 PM
Reply #71

Simon Paul

Administrator
Never forget Joe Royle saying "there's a player in there" when asked if Niasse was shite

Not that he'd know about footballers though

September 08, 2017, 10:23:03 PM
Reply #72

Gash

Global Moderator
Never forget Joe Royle saying "there's a player in there" when asked if Niasse was shite

Not that he'd know about footballers though

Haha! Although he's hardly going to say he's shite. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement is it, it comes across as "they've got their work cut out with this one".  :snigger:

September 08, 2017, 10:30:52 PM
Reply #73

Everton Mint

Scored last season vs both Lpool and Man U, both of which were winners I think. How many of our players can say that ?

September 08, 2017, 11:47:37 PM
Reply #74

eyesalwaysblue

Might have gone a bit soft but should we really calling players shite when it's the people who wanted them that weren't any good if they aren't what we need or don't fit in? he seems such a lovely lad.
I still despise Clive Thomas..