December 13, 2017, 03:57:16 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 13271 times)

September 21, 2017, 07:45:42 PM
Reply #135

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think anyone's searching for anything with Niasse, if there's a current unwarranted cult hero it's probably Sandro judging by the reaction to his signing in the summer.

It's just most people want to see Everton players doing well because that'll most likely mean Everton are doing well. Quiet why that is obviously annoying some is a mystery.

Surely everyone's a winner here if Niasse comes good and contributes this season to us winning games, even Koeman?

True, however the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent will apply here. I think he can have a role to play for us, but it will be a Valencia type role at best. He isn't the answer, as he wasn't for Hull last season. He can score, no doubt about that, but don't make him out to be anything he isn't.

The thing that impresses me most about him is his ability to keep going, to work hard and have a great attitude. That can sometimes equate to greater value than talent, but not in the long run.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 07:52:34 PM
Reply #136

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
But football's all about escapism and fun and some people take it so seriously they lose sight of this. Of course he doesn't look good enough for the PL (I might be proved wrong!!!) but he's been a 'story' for various reasons since his arrival, he came on with the game won, ironic cheers and clapping and he scores a goal.
All part of the magic of the game - let's not lose that just because things could be better in other ways. He's just become part of folklore - let's enjoy it.☺

Exactly. Football is about winning and losing, but really it's more about the stories. And if you can't enjoy Niasse's, well what's the point?

September 21, 2017, 07:53:33 PM
Reply #137

Ross

True, however the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent will apply here. I think he can have a role to play for us, but it will be a Valencia type role at best. He isn't the answer, as he wasn't for Hull last season. He can score, no doubt about that, but don't make him out to be anything he isn't.

The thing that impresses me most about him is his ability to keep going, to work hard and have a great attitude. That can sometimes equate to greater value than talent, but not in the long run.

What are you looking for him to be the answer to?

You're admitting he's got goals in him what more do you want him to do Blargs?

Not seen anyway saying he's some kind of superstar, but it's clear this team is lacking goals, and pace up front, and this fella has both so it's hardly the most difficult puzzle to solve at the moment is it.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 21, 2017, 07:57:40 PM
Reply #138

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see what's small time about it.

People wanting a striker who cost us 13mil to do well.

Fucking miserable bastards.

September 21, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Reply #139

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What are you looking for him to be the answer to?

You're admitting he's got goals in him what more do you want him to do Blargs?

Not seen anyway saying he's some kind of superstar, but it's clear this team is lacking goals, and pace up front, and this fella has both so it's hardly the most difficult puzzle to solve at the moment is it.

The question was obviously that we needed a proper striker and out of desperation, we have a potential short term answer for another option as a last resort.

He can score is what I said. I didn't say he had goals in him. Given a consistent run over the whole season, I wouldn't expect him to get more than 7 or 8 for us, which admittedly is still more than the 4 he got for Hull in 17 games last season.

Don't forget he only scored against a very poor Sunderland team as fresh legs and after the result was put to bed.

The team we did put out seemed to have quite a bit of pace from what I saw on the 20 minute highlights. It was a very young side, but the future bodes well for pace, and it will be the job of Koeman to try and blend the pace we do have with the more seasoned, but slower pros.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 21, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #140

mikey_blue

He reminds me of Drogba, in his prime.

Oumar just a little bit, Oumar a little bit more, Oumar just a little bit he's the striker we're looking for   :hail:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:18:17 PM by mikey_blue »

September 21, 2017, 08:23:41 PM
Reply #141

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon he could do a job at right back, yknow.

September 21, 2017, 09:03:06 PM
Reply #142

blue1948

To almost quote Koeman "talent wins nothing ,hard work is what wins things "

September 21, 2017, 09:05:32 PM
Reply #143

blue1948

The question was obviously that we needed a proper striker and out of desperation, we have a potential short term answer for another option as a last resort.

He can score is what I said. I didn't say he had goals in him. Given a consistent run over the whole season, I wouldn't expect him to get more than 7 or 8 for us, which admittedly is still more than the 4 he got for Hull in 17 games last season.

Don't forget he only scored against a very poor Sunderland team as fresh legs and after the result was put to bed.

The team we did put out seemed to have quite a bit of pace from what I saw on the 20 minute highlights. It was a very young side, but the future bodes well for pace, and it will be the job of Koeman to try and blend the pace we do have with the more seasoned, but slower pros.
There is an old Finnish proverb -It is hard to climb down the stairs backwards .

September 21, 2017, 09:07:27 PM
Reply #144

Everton Mint

'Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard... '

September 21, 2017, 09:12:08 PM
Reply #145

eyesalwaysblue

'Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard... '
Wow that's good, but i'll never remember it..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 21, 2017, 09:43:39 PM
Reply #146

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reminds me of George Weah

September 21, 2017, 09:44:32 PM
Reply #147

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Wow that's good, but i'll never remember it..

Luckily it's in massive letters across the top of the players gym at finch farm, so they get the message every day :)

Sums up Niasse and Barkley perfectly. Ones working hard with not much talent, the other has an abundance of talent but can't be arsed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:38:32 PM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 21, 2017, 09:46:38 PM
Reply #148

Lincs Toffee

The lad can finish it has to be said...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:50:02 PM by Lincs Toffee »
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 21, 2017, 09:47:55 PM
Reply #149

bacon sarnie

I can't agree with you .He has behaved civilised but not normal in the superstar world they live .Everybody loves a hero look at the Straq and how he was revered .I don't see the desperate point either .He has never slagged anyone or anything about the club . By the way Eddie the eagle had a film made about him and is a cult figure in Finland -they still love him and he appears on chat shows and the like .Mind you they still play Kim Wilde on the radio!

Remember Eddie The Eagle Edwards at the Winter Olympics in Calgary. Made headlines for bumming equipment from professionals and being fearless in the face of death by crash landing. Plus he had an overbite and big glasses. Could have been Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys without the English accent. Niasse is more Karate Kid than Eddie Edwards.