December 16, 2017, 05:16:36 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 13395 times)

September 21, 2017, 09:48:05 PM
Reply #150

Rodenplav64

We are in 3 cup competitions as well as having had a poor start to the league campaign . Nothing wrong with giving Niasse a bit of game time until Sandro adapts to the English game and so as not to put too much on the shoulders of DCL .

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 09:48:24 PM
Reply #151

Bluedylan

Not sure how sitting around on 60k a week, and getting a game in the League Cup because the club have been incredibly bad at recruitment and there's barely anyone else who can play counts as 'working hard' like, but anyway....
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 21, 2017, 09:55:56 PM
Reply #152

Jamokachi

Don't see what's small time about it.

The adulation afforded to complete no marks because they 'have a go', compared to the abuse often hurled at the few truly class players we've been blessed with. That's what's small time. It's symptomatic of the last 20+ years of being an Evertonian.

September 21, 2017, 09:57:06 PM
Reply #153

Jamokachi

Not sure how sitting around on 60k a week, and getting a game in the League Cup because the club have been incredibly bad at recruitment and there's barely anyone else who can play counts as 'working hard' like, but anyway....

But Koeman took his locker away lad #prayforoumar

September 21, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
Reply #154

gizzblue

They guy has shown more class than other overly reveared overpayed moaners and whingers of the last couple of years and should rightly be applauded for his professionalism ...despite maybe not being the greatest player .
Better that than be class and have no class ..we've got and had a few of those.

September 21, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
Reply #155

Jamokachi

I don't think anyone's searching for anything with Niasse, if there's a current unwarranted cult hero it's probably Sandro judging by the reaction to his signing in the summer.

It's just most people want to see Everton players doing well because that'll most likely mean Everton are doing well. Quiet why that is obviously annoying some is a mystery.

Surely everyone's a winner here if Niasse comes good and contributes this season to us winning games, even Koeman?

It's inspite of Koeman though isn't it? Like some sort of stick to beat him with. As if to say "well Niasse can score goals so Koeman must be a fucking dick head". And that's been alluded to plenty. Whereas the fact remains that Our Niasse will always be sub-standard to the level Everton are aiming to be at under Koeman.

If we have to rely on him, I hope he scores goals, that goes without saying. But if he never plays another minute for us, I won't lose any sleep. Much as I never lost any sleep when Bent left, or Beckford, or Stracqualursi, etc, etc... because they were never good enough, despite fan protestation.

September 21, 2017, 10:09:20 PM
Reply #156

SANA_DR0

In his first season in the Russian Premier League, he got four goals and two assists. During his second 2015/16 season he scored 12 goals and 10 assists and was named the Russian Premier League player of the year for 2015.

Im genuinely confused by this, only 2 places state he was Russian player of the year, skysports and worldsoccer.com.

the official russian awards do not show King Niasse as the winner, they have HULK as the best Russian player that year..

most be the Mandela Effect.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 21, 2017, 10:12:34 PM
Reply #157

Jamokachi

Im genuinely confused by this, only 2 places state he was Russian player of the year, skysports and worldsoccer.com.

the official russian awards do not show King Niasse as the winner, they have HULK as the best Russian player that year..

most be the Mandela Effect.

No, it was a fan vote that was considered a bit of a piss take. Sky reported it as being the official award.

September 21, 2017, 10:14:45 PM
Reply #158

SANA_DR0

tah bud. i assumed he had won the sport express version of it, as there where no  votes that year.. lol
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 21, 2017, 10:15:22 PM
Reply #159

blue1948

The adulation afforded to complete no marks because they 'have a go', compared to the abuse often hurled at the few truly class players we've been blessed with. That's what's small time. It's symptomatic of the last 20+ years of being an Evertonian.
The haven't been many"no marks" who have scored in the premier league ,I would go as far as saying that you have to be at the very least good .I respect the reference to 20 years supporting the team but that is nothing in our history because in that time we have not won a thing ,sadly you have not witnessed it but I can tell you we have had a lot worse and they did OK .I suspect the truly class players are Mirallas and Barkley .If it is so then more fool you as they don't / didn't want to play for us ,for that I have no time for them as with Rom -could be the greatest player to pull on our shirt but for me he will always be a disrespectful kid .

September 21, 2017, 10:18:29 PM
Reply #160

blue1948

It's inspite of Koeman though isn't it? Like some sort of stick to beat him with. As if to say "well Niasse can score goals so Koeman must be a fucking dick head". And that's been alluded to plenty. Whereas the fact remains that Our Niasse will always be sub-standard to the level Everton are aiming to be at under Koeman.

If we have to rely on him, I hope he scores goals, that goes without saying. But if he never plays another minute for us, I won't lose any sleep. Much as I never lost any sleep when Bent left, or Beckford, or Stracqualursi, etc, etc... because they were never good enough, despite fan protestation.
I fully support Koeman and we all knew what was in store ,someone on here said we would only have 4 points by now and how right they were  ,so I am not using it as a stick to beat him .I just believe he has behaved impeccably and deserves credit for it .The best we have had no but not the worst either .

September 21, 2017, 10:29:33 PM
Reply #161

SANA_DR0

About as hard as Koeman/Mosh/Walsh worked on getting a replacement for Lukaku.

I've seen all the negatives posters have mentioned, cant control the ball, is shit in the match, but he can finish..

I'd just have him upfront with DCL or Rooney, i dont care if he doesnt touch the ball or pass to anyone else, I'd rather have a goal scorer.. surely hes better than Nugent or Jeffers or Jevons even Cadimartari and Branch!! 
We just need some one to stretch the play and to be in the box to score, We have struggled to get into the box in the Prem, but im sure with King Niasse, he will score some... then in Jan or Summer we can get a new striker, more to the level we are trying to aspire too, but atm. we are a LOWER PREMIER LEAGUE team. like HULL last season, Lets use the players who can score us goals and get up the table.Rather than trying to bed in 4 players who cant get anywhere near the goals.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 21, 2017, 10:29:51 PM
Reply #162

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Just been talking to someone who makes the point that Niasse has vast amounts of untapped potential and with hard work and good coaching could be a better player than Lukaku in a couple of seasons. Has the build and speed, the ball skills can be worked on, his attitude is good and he has football brain.
Psychologically he has shown a good attitude and mental strength and will learn from the experiences of the last 12 - 18 months.
However, he needs a regular start and if he gets most starts between now and the end of the January window we won't be looking for a replacement for Lukaku any more or relying too much on DCL given his young age. DCL might learn much from Niasse.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 21, 2017, 10:31:32 PM
Reply #163

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Just been talking to someone who makes the point that Niasse has vast amounts of untapped potential and with hard work and good coaching could be a better player than Lukaku in a couple of seasons. Has the build and speed, the ball skills can be worked on, his attitude is good and he has football brain.
Psychologically he has shown a good attitude and mental strength and will learn from the experiences of the last 12 - 18 months.
However, he needs a regular start and if he gets most starts between now and the end of the January window we won't be looking for a replacement for Lukaku any more or relying too much on DCL given his young age. DCL might learn much from Niasse.

I have to return some videotapes.

September 21, 2017, 10:31:45 PM
Reply #164

Everton Mint

Some of those other cult-heroes cost nothing. They were grafters but generally poor.

This guy cost us 13m so I think people shouldn't be so quick to judge him as sub-standard, like Koeman did.

Martinez may have faults in terms of his football style, but I'm sure he's not totally incompetent at judging a player that we were looking at signing.

Did he not take the 'gamble' on Lukaku for 28m when many fans thought that was way too much and preferred to talk about his faults ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:33:00 PM by Everton Mint »