October 22, 2017, 02:40:44 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 10562 times)

September 21, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Reply #165

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Some of those other cult-heroes cost nothing. They were grafters but generally poor.

This guy cost us 13m so I think people shouldn't be so quick to judge him as sub-standard, like Koeman did.

Martinez may have faults in terms of his football style, but I'm sure he's not totally incompetent at judging a player that we were looking at signing.

Did he not take the 'gamble' on Lukaku for 28m when many fans thought that was way too much and preferred to talk about his faults ?
Hardly a gamble was it
A young lad with immense talent who had scored 15goals in the pl for the last two seasons?

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 10:43:03 PM
Reply #166

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He may not be the greatest all round striker in terms of build-up play, but he does appear to to able to finish.

Remiiiind you of anyone ? ;)

Me?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 21, 2017, 10:44:06 PM
Reply #167

Bluedylan

About as hard as Koeman/Mosh/Walsh worked on getting a replacement for Lukaku.

I've seen all the negatives posters have mentioned, cant control the ball, is shit in the match, but he can finish..

I'd just have him upfront with DCL or Rooney, i dont care if he doesnt touch the ball or pass to anyone else, I'd rather have a goal scorer.. surely hes better than Nugent or Jeffers or Jevons even Cadimartari and Branch!! 
We just need some one to stretch the play and to be in the box to score, We have struggled to get into the box in the Prem, but im sure with King Niasse, he will score some... then in Jan or Summer we can get a new striker, more to the level we are trying to aspire too, but atm. we are a LOWER PREMIER LEAGUE team. like HULL last season, Lets use the players who can score us goals and get up the table.Rather than trying to bed in 4 players who cant get anywhere near the goals.

The criteria isn't get someone better than Cadamateri, Branch or whoever. It's getting someone who's good enough to score goals consistently NOW in the Prem. We aren't a lower Prem team, like Hull, whatsoever. People aren't dismissing him because of some agenda. They are dismissing him because of all the available evidence:

1) The man who bought him did so out of panic, and then spent the subsequent months pretending that he had an injury that wouldn't allow him to play.
2) Koeman is a pragmatist. He's not bothered about reputations or agendas. If Niasse was good enough, he would've been selected and given a locker.
3) At Hull he flitted in an out of games, and managed to score 4 in 17 games, but generally looked substandard and not even good enough for Hull.
4) The lack of people trying to sign him.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 21, 2017, 10:44:30 PM
Reply #168

SANA_DR0

great video Lincs Toffee, some amazing finishes in that, and some funny ones,, like the player kicking it in off of him and the one with the mazey run, then he falls over,, swings his left left like 160 degrees and scores lol.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:31:13 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 21, 2017, 10:44:58 PM
Reply #169

Bluedylan

Just been talking to someone who makes the point that Niasse has vast amounts of untapped potential and with hard work and good coaching could be a better player than Lukaku in a couple of seasons. Has the build and speed, the ball skills can be worked on, his attitude is good and he has football brain.
Psychologically he has shown a good attitude and mental strength and will learn from the experiences of the last 12 - 18 months.
However, he needs a regular start and if he gets most starts between now and the end of the January window we won't be looking for a replacement for Lukaku any more or relying too much on DCL given his young age. DCL might learn much from Niasse.

Was the person you were speaking to just checking into a mental health ward?
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 21, 2017, 10:53:38 PM
Reply #170

SANA_DR0

The criteria isn't get someone better than Cadamateri, Branch or whoever. It's getting someone who's good enough to score goals consistently NOW in the Prem. We aren't a lower Prem team, like Hull, whatsoever. People aren't dismissing him because of some agenda. They are dismissing him because of all the available evidence:

1) The man who bought him did so out of panic, and then spent the subsequent months pretending that he had an injury that wouldn't allow him to play. its that bionic wrist of his, i think it scared Martinez and scared Koeman, but slowly the wrist will conquer all fear
2) Koeman is a pragmatist. He's not bothered about reputations or agendas. If Niasse was good enough, he would've been selected and given a locker. Ballswax, he didnt give him a locker last year, cos Koeman thought Niasse was no where near a footballer..
3) At Hull he flitted in an out of games, and managed to score 4 in 17 games, but generally looked substandard and not even good enough for Hull.he only started a few of those 17 games, most he came on and scored in.
4) The lack of people trying to sign him. thats cos he's our CULT hero lol and not anyone elses.. in the words of Tranmere, our super blue army* replace blue for white in regards to Tranmere.

I know thats not the criteria, but he can and will score goals, give him a go, rather than have the same players who cant score... ATM we are in the lower 1/5th of the premier league, like Hull where,  may as well use him to get us up there, meanwhile Sandro/Klaassen/Rooney/Siggy can get match fit or learn a formation they can all play in, but having those players on the pitch who create ZILCH, is not going to do anything productive for our team.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 21, 2017, 10:59:43 PM
Reply #171

Lincs Toffee

great video Lincs Toffee, some amazing finishes in that, and some funny ones,, like the player kicking it in off of him and the one with the mazey run, then he feels over,, swing his left left like 160 degrees and scores lol.
Agreed some are more like out takes, but he knows where the net is when on a run, I still think he can give other defences something to think about, even if it is to open up space for our better players.
At the end of the day he is another option which we could and should be using.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:01:40 PM by Lincs Toffee »
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 21, 2017, 11:21:05 PM
Reply #172

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The adulation afforded to complete no marks because they 'have a go', compared to the abuse often hurled at the few truly class players we've been blessed with. That's what's small time. It's symptomatic of the last 20+ years of being an Evertonian.

And yet your username is in dedication to a similar type of cult hero in Amokachi.

September 21, 2017, 11:27:35 PM
Reply #173

piggypop

Not sure how sitting around on 60k a week, and getting a game in the League Cup because the club have been incredibly bad at recruitment and there's barely anyone else who can play counts as 'working hard' like, but anyway....
I'm reading most of the posts as if they have been written in that Sarcasm Font. It helps.

September 21, 2017, 11:34:59 PM
Reply #174

Ross

It's inspite of Koeman though isn't it? Like some sort of stick to beat him with. As if to say "well Niasse can score goals so Koeman must be a fucking dick head". And that's been alluded to plenty. Whereas the fact remains that Our Niasse will always be sub-standard to the level Everton are aiming to be at under Koeman.

If we have to rely on him, I hope he scores goals, that goes without saying. But if he never plays another minute for us, I won't lose any sleep. Much as I never lost any sleep when Bent left, or Beckford, or Stracqualursi, etc, etc... because they were never good enough, despite fan protestation.

We're a team struggling for goals and short of a striker and we've got this fella already on our books who seems to have a uncanny knack of knocking in goals and has been getting ignored for the last 14 months.

Of course if it continues as it is Koeman would look like a dickhead to carry on ignoring him while he complains about our lack of "productivity" in the final third, and people will rightly call him out on it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 21, 2017, 11:39:46 PM
Reply #175

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman has actually said he's in his plans now.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 21, 2017, 11:40:30 PM
Reply #176

hill135

This debate is a load of old shit. Facetiousness everywhere you look.

No one wants him to fail, no one resents him being given a chance, no one is going to cross their arms and scowl if her scores, and people will get behind him as they did the other night.

Some people just think hes a bit shit is all, and dont feel that his goal yesterday changes that. Agree or disagree its a perfectly reasonable view

September 21, 2017, 11:43:50 PM
Reply #177

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's here at least until January. We have no strikers and he's willing. Even if he just plays the occasional sub role like Valencia last season he's at least an option.

September 21, 2017, 11:47:35 PM
Reply #178

74Blue

DCL might learn much from Niasse.
He might not learn any technical ability from Niasse, but some of that attitude and desire, coupled with the natural talent that DCL has would certainly improve him as a player. He's also taught the whole squad that as stubborn as RK is, there's always a way back if you are prepared to work at it.
Let's be totally honest, Niasse is never going to bang the goals in like Lukaku did, but whilst he's wearing the Royal Blue, the least we can do as fans is get behind him and wish him well in his quest to prove that RK was wrong to completely write him off.

September 22, 2017, 12:36:47 AM
Reply #179

eyesalwaysblue

It's inspite of Koeman though isn't it? Like some sort of stick to beat him with. As if to say "well Niasse can score goals so Koeman must be a fucking dick head". And that's been alluded to plenty. Whereas the fact remains that Our Niasse will always be sub-standard to the level Everton are aiming to be at under Koeman.

If we have to rely on him, I hope he scores goals, that goes without saying. But if he never plays another minute for us, I won't lose any sleep. Much as I never lost any sleep when Bent left, or Beckford, or Stracqualursi, etc, etc... because they were never good enough, despite fan protestation.
Koeman has behaved like a total fucking dick head.
I still despise Clive Thomas..