December 15, 2017, 01:10:08 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 13335 times)

September 25, 2017, 04:25:34 AM
Reply #300

Lxxx

Nah, it's the other way round. I haven't seen anyone in the 'not good enough' camp behaving like this, but in fact I've seen a lot of snobbery and smug 'I told you so's' from those who said he was worthy of a chance.

Either way, it's all very boring.

I don't think anyone was championing him on here. It was pretty much universally agreed he wasn't good enough.

If you think the Niasse story is a boring one you must be a very sad man.

deCoubertin

September 25, 2017, 04:26:11 AM
Reply #301

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Is he marmite?

Surely most people just like the fact he come on and won the game for us?

I've not noticed anyone proper hate on the lad. Some think he's not very good and some think he deserves a chance (more because we have NO decent forwards rather than him being a world beater). I've mostly just felt sorry for him, it was nice to see him prove Koeman wrong more than anything.

Ross Barkley is marmite. Niasse is peanut butter.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:27:23 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 25, 2017, 04:29:01 AM
Reply #302

SANA_DR0

Is he marmite?

Surely most people just like the fact he come on and won the game for us?

I've not noticed anyone proper hate on the lad. Some think he's not very good and some think he deserves a chance (more because we have NO decent forwards rather than him being a world beater)

Ross Barkley is marmite. Niasse is peanut butter.

to the Niasse haters he's the crunchy sun pat peanut butter, to the lovers he's the whole earth organic smooth version.

cant wait for Barkley to come back, i might even have a half piece of toast with marmite on *shudders*
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 25, 2017, 08:06:20 AM
Reply #303

Jamokachi

I hate but ok. he seems to say it 10 times every interview.

He's Dutch ffs.

September 25, 2017, 11:28:46 AM
Reply #304

Lazarou

I took it at face value that he was not good enough, but he kept scoring in the U 23's. I guess it did not matter as we had Rom who never got injured last season. He obviously is not the most elegant footballer and everyone loves a silky stylish player, but there have been many very average players with impressive goal records as they just have that sort of unteachable knack of being in the right place and doing the right thing at the right time, also his slight unpredictability helps.

Made up for him and us, it's shame I wont see him on Thursday night due to another balls up from the club regarding his career. I love his can do never give up attitude it's like he knows how lucky he is to be doing what he does. Most other pro players should take a leaf from the book of Oumar on how to conduct yourself when not getting in the team.

Bit of a fairy tale and I hope it continues as he twats it in the top corner at Anfield for the winner in the 89th minute.

September 25, 2017, 03:34:32 PM
Reply #305

SANA_DR0

He's Dutch ffs.

not that i know many dutch people, but the ones i have met during my life, didnt seem to be stuck on but ok. not having a go like.

Harry Kane on motd a few weeks ago LOL that shit was funny.. kept saying ERRRR ERRR ERRR every 3 words... He was saying it as he didnt know what to say/under pressure during interview,,, but the way Koeman says but ok., it doesnt look like he's searching for words in his mind, he's actually saying but ok.!!
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 25, 2017, 05:58:09 PM
Reply #306

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I hate but ok. he seems to say it 10 times every interview.

This from the guy posting the thread about racism.

September 25, 2017, 06:11:56 PM
Reply #307

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's hardly being racist

September 25, 2017, 06:30:04 PM
Reply #308

Lxxx

This from the guy posting the thread about racism.
What's racist about what he's said?

September 25, 2017, 06:36:02 PM
Reply #309

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Hating/taking the piss out of the way the foreigner speaks English?

I lived in Holland, it's a very common verbal filler.

I'm not accusing anyone of racism but it's hardly being very empathetic towards a foreigner.

September 25, 2017, 06:38:59 PM
Reply #310

SANA_DR0

Hating/taking the piss out of the way the foreigner speaks English?

I lived in Holland, it's a very common verbal filler.

I'm not accusing anyone of racism but it's hardly being very empathetic towards a foreigner.

I understand how that could have come across,, but as i said, its not that he doesnt know what to say, its the way he says it. like we should accept what has happened... Its the same to me as Martinez saying phenomenal. (when it wasnt phenomenal)
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 25, 2017, 09:26:19 PM
Reply #311

Rodenplav64

I said when he came it was unfair to judge him as he joined a disaster waiting to happen . He had personal issues and Koeman fucked him but he has shown he can score goals and pressure defenders , 2 things we were failing to do . he is limited but fuck me if Straq was considered OK then its about time Niasse was given a chance instead of just labelling him not good enough . At the minute Klassen and Sandro aren't good enough , Davies and Niasse are .

September 25, 2017, 09:40:42 PM
Reply #312

everton1952

It was not racist to criticise Koeman's lack of English/fluency, it was just stupid that is all. When I see all the PL footballers and managers facing cameras in this country and dealing with journalists who often make no allowances for their first language not being English,  they do brilliantly well. The opposite is true unfortunately of "us lot" when trying to speak another language. To put it bluntly, the likes of our heroes Rooney, Barkley and many other leading pros are not even fluent in their own language let alone another. Well OK... He also shrugs his shoulders a lot. That might annoy some.

September 25, 2017, 10:00:49 PM
Reply #313

Rodenplav64

I am not his biggest fan but it would be funny to see him wield a baseball bat every time he got asked a stupid question by the moronic press pack .

September 26, 2017, 01:41:44 AM
Reply #314

Lincs Toffee

Guy on NBC talking about Niasse and spoke to Bobby brown shoes who said we bought him ready for the following year knowing he wasn't fit for that year and now he's showing what he's made of, the reason we bought him early was to stop other interested parties jumping in.... could be bollocks from Martinez but sounds plausible.

Also said Oumar hasn't even got an Everton suit to wear but has been promised one for Sunday .
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean