October 19, 2017, 07:45:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 10428 times)

September 27, 2017, 06:29:29 PM
Reply #315

Lxxx

There is also the fact that Niasse might have improved in the last 18 months to take into consideration too. When he first joined he was falling over his own shoelaces and looked like a comedy act and granted he might not be great technically but he also might have been nervous, younger, new environment, not played at this level before, just not up to speed....

On Saturday he didn't look like the same player who couldn't control a football when he played in that joke of a game against West Ham at home. Maybe just maybe he's learnt a lot in the past 18 months and now understands what he has to do in this country to make an impression; his tracking back, dispossessing, passing and getting on his bike into the area for his goal showed a sign that if nothing else maybe Unsworth has instilled some good habits into him.

This isn't to say we should necessarily expect good things from him but as a replacement for the Valencia-type role last season he may just prove useful over a long season.

deCoubertin

September 27, 2017, 06:48:26 PM
Reply #316

BlueMaquis

This isn't to say we should necessarily expect good things from him but as a replacement for the Valencia-type role last season he may just prove useful over a long season.

I'd say he's already proved himself more useful than Valencia was for us.

September 27, 2017, 06:51:45 PM
Reply #317

Lxxx

I'd say he's already proved himself more useful than Valencia was for us.

Valencia's 3 goals in 21 appearances compared to Niasse's 3 goals in about half an hour might indicate you could be right.

September 27, 2017, 07:53:24 PM
Reply #318

Robioto

If Niasse completely turns this around, which I think is possible, he will become one of my favourite ever Everton players.

I've never rooted for a player to do well quite as much as this.

September 27, 2017, 08:12:28 PM
Reply #319

Lazarou

There is also the fact that Niasse might have improved in the last 18 months to take into consideration too. When he first joined he was falling over his own shoelaces and looked like a comedy act and granted he might not be great technically but he also might have been nervous, younger, new environment, not played at this level before, just not up to speed....

On Saturday he didn't look like the same player who couldn't control a football when he played in that joke of a game against West Ham at home. Maybe just maybe he's learnt a lot in the past 18 months and now understands what he has to do in this country to make an impression; his tracking back, dispossessing, passing and getting on his bike into the area for his goal showed a sign that if nothing else maybe Unsworth has instilled some good habits into him.

Good point 18 months is a long time to evolve as a player. Just hitting his peak years as a striker. You got to love the guy. I hope he becomes a great player for us.

September 28, 2017, 07:54:04 AM
Reply #320

Jamokachi

Echo podcast reckon Niasse was reintroduced to first team affairs under the request of the board.

September 28, 2017, 08:03:20 AM
Reply #321

eyesalwaysblue

Hope he starts sunday..............Thunderin g Blue in the Cambridgeshire saturday.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 28, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
Reply #322

Lazarou

Echo podcast reckon Niasse was reintroduced to first team affairs under the request of the board.

Interesting, does that suggest the board are not fully on board with the good ship Koeman? It appears the board are a better judge of a striker than him.

September 28, 2017, 02:26:41 PM
Reply #323

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
 :smug:it's just speculation though isn't it.

September 28, 2017, 02:49:58 PM
Reply #324

Ross

Thats what I suspected. You can't go complaining to the media that you've got no productivity up front and have this fella in the u23's knocking in goals regularly while getting paid 50k a week but never getting a chance in the first team.

There's only so much you can push the board about the failure to get a forward before they pushed back.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:52:05 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 28, 2017, 03:29:10 PM
Reply #325

Lxxx

I would like to think so. If we're going to be run more professionally we need to show a bit more backbone right through the whole club and demand that standards are raised and no-one dictates their own terms.
I kind of get the feeling Koeman had the impression Everton were lucky to have him last season (based on nothing but an opinion and his sometimes scathing remarks of what he inherited), but maybe this season we're hopefully giving him the impression he's not expendable and for trousering 6m/year comes expectations that are commensurate with that amount of money.

September 29, 2017, 01:32:54 AM
Reply #326

eyesalwaysblue

I would like to think so. If we're going to be run more professionally we need to show a bit more backbone right through the whole club and demand that standards are raised and no-one dictates their own terms.
I kind of get the feeling Koeman had the impression Everton were lucky to have him last season (based on nothing but an opinion and his sometimes scathing remarks of what he inherited), but maybe this season we're hopefully giving him the impression he's not expendable and for trousering 6m/year comes expectations that are commensurate with that amount of money.
Exactly, we aren't fuckin desperate anymore we can leave them instead of waiting for them to leave us, will take some getting used to but it's a delicious prospect, calling the shots instead of assuming the "position"
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 02, 2017, 02:11:12 PM
Reply #327

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He was dreadful.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 02:29:40 PM
Reply #328

BlueBeagle

At least the brief and bizarre collective wank over him that's taken place in the last week may now be over.

October 02, 2017, 02:46:00 PM
Reply #329

dazfrancis

Shouldn't be starting games but given our lack of options we might need to bring him on to bulldoze a goal because we are absolutely horrific.