November 18, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 12463 times)

October 02, 2017, 07:30:56 PM
Reply #345

gizzblue

Seems a few have the pitchforks  out for him already ....he's not a winger but spent a lot of the time in Sigs left wing position(while Sig drifted into his natural cam position ) picking the ball up. ...always carried forward never went back to the keeper or sideways ....yes he's not Ronaldo but at least he was trying ....more than can be said for a good few alleged "better" players out there yesterday ...he was giving 100% ...and nowhere near the worst out there yesterday ...Martina,
Williams , Schneiderlin, all shite.

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 07:34:12 PM
Reply #346

MmmBlueRamirez

DCL and Niasse looked good together,

As part of a team photo maybe.

At a strike force pairing they'd be the use-case go-to example of a clueless partnership.

It was abysmal.

The complete polar opposite to 'SAS' or other brilliant partnerships.

It was a botched experiment.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 02, 2017, 08:11:45 PM
Reply #347

blueski

What are you watching? Niasse looked dangerously out of his depth.
He wasnt good but he did at least worry the defence for a bit - for all his skill they had dcl in their pocket all game too
Nil Satis

October 02, 2017, 08:46:46 PM
Reply #348

Rhys

At a strike force pairing they'd be the use-case go-to example of a clueless partnership.

It was abysmal.

The complete polar opposite to 'SAS' or other brilliant partnerships.

It was a botched experiment.

I agree. Second half in particular they stood yards apart with no difference in depth. We needed one to sometimes come shorter, more runs into the channels and one of them to look to go in behind. Instead we had to see Baines standing on the ball with no left winger, no movement from either forward and going back to Williams followed by groans from the crowd.

Niasse showed why he hasnt been involved, touch not good enough, strange footballing brain and lost the ball very poorly time after time. Cant fault the effort or will to be involved but the reality is what we knew already from his first spell and watching him at Hull, he isnt good enough and its only because it is desperate times in that department that he is involved.

October 02, 2017, 09:04:45 PM
Reply #349

Lxxx

A part of me thinks Koeman knew Niasse wasn't good enough but decided to throw him under a bus yesterday in a no lose situation. If he bombs he doesn't need to say 'I told you so' as it'll be out there for everyone to see and if he takes his chance he gets credit for bringing him back into the fold.

He wasn't fit enough to start a game at this level and shouldn't have really. He'd have been a very useful sub if we were chasing the game in the 2nd half and needed an extra body in the box, which we were, but he was out on his feet ready to come off instead of being fresh ready to come on.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:05:49 PM by Lxxx »

October 02, 2017, 09:12:36 PM
Reply #350

MmmBlueRamirez

A part of me thinks Koeman knew Niasse wasn't good enough but decided to throw him under a bus yesterday in a no lose situation. If he bombs he doesn't need to say 'I told you so' as it'll be out there for everyone to see and if he takes his chance he gets credit for bringing him back into the fold.

He wasn't fit enough to start a game at this level and shouldn't have really. He'd have been a very useful sub if we were chasing the game in the 2nd half and needed an extra body in the box, which we were, but he was out on his feet ready to come off instead of being fresh ready to come on.

Hopefully it shuts up a few armchair 'pro' footy coaches/managers.

Probably not.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 02, 2017, 09:16:02 PM
Reply #351

BlueForYou

On the flip side, Koeman's in a no win situation -

Bangs in a few goals - "Why didn't you play him earlier?"

Looks out of depth - "You knew he wasn't good enough"

Hang in there, Ron!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 02, 2017, 09:59:21 PM
Reply #352

SANA_DR0

At a strike force pairing they'd be the use-case go-to example of a clueless partnership. the first 20 mins hey where good, it wasnt until Burnley scored that our midfield fell/attack stopped creating chances

It was abysmal. yes it was,  but who else do we have? would you rather play Sandro and Rooney?

The complete polar opposite to 'SAS' or other brilliant partnerships. lol, yea compare their first time together against a lethal strikeforce like that, no where near brilliant, but as i said better than Rooney and sandro

It was a botched experiment.the most shots on target we've had in a match. the most shots over all in a match we have had, the defense had 2 willing runners, first time this season that we had out balls and didnt invite pressure upon pressure

yes Niasse is shit, but still better than whatever else we have atm.

id like to see them with a different manager, different style of play.. with 2 actual wingers.. not 4 number tens making everything narrow as fuck.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 02, 2017, 10:04:01 PM
Reply #353

SANA_DR0

Hopefully it shuts up a few armchair 'pro' footy coaches/managers.

Probably not.

Also gives ammunition to other armchair 'pro' footy coaches/managers who said he wasnt good enough.

probably not.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 02, 2017, 10:58:18 PM
Reply #354

sam of the south

Yep, I said exactly this in the match thread
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 02, 2017, 11:45:26 PM
Reply #355

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I agree. Second half in particular they stood yards apart with no difference in depth. We needed one to sometimes come shorter, more runs into the channels and one of them to look to go in behind. Instead we had to see Baines standing on the ball with no left winger, no movement from either forward and going back to Williams followed by groans from the crowd.

Niasse showed why he hasnt been involved, touch not good enough, strange footballing brain and lost the ball very poorly time after time. Cant fault the effort or will to be involved but the reality is what we knew already from his first spell and watching him at Hull, he isnt good enough and its only because it is desperate times in that department that he is involved.

You have to say if you're a young striker or right back or left back or centre mid or winger at Everton at the minute, and you're not getting a sniff - make alternative plans for your employment immediately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2017, 01:25:24 AM
Reply #356

eyesalwaysblue

Odd arguing over Niasse we all know we shouldn't really need him, but he came through for us big time last week and to be calling him shite now is fuckin ace, we have had to use him because of shite management and the buying of totally underwhelming players..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 03, 2017, 04:40:41 AM
Reply #357

SANA_DR0

Odd arguing over Niasse we all know we shouldn't really need him, but he came through for us big time last week and to be calling him shite now is fuckin ace, we have had to use him because of shite management and the buying of totally underwhelming players..

If and when he scores again, those same fans will think he's ace.

I know he;s a decent finisher, just lacks at everything else, use him for finishing, why was he chasing back half the time.
Should just stay on the shoulder of hte last defender.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 03, 2017, 05:52:59 AM
Reply #358

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
bring him on in the last 5 mins when we're all over someone and desperate for a goal sure, but he shouldn't really be getting actual minutes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 03, 2017, 06:58:33 AM
Reply #359

Ramjam

Post of the week for me, hero one week, villain the next, the guy can't win.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE