October 21, 2017, 07:13:30 PM

Author Topic: The Defence  (Read 3020 times)

September 10, 2017, 12:06:24 AM
Reply #15

Redartin

Mori and Colman both on crutches would have been better today.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

deCoubertin

September 10, 2017, 12:08:09 AM
Reply #16

Marky Mark and the funky

Mori and Colman both on crutches would have been better today.

Stick them on the goal line, if the ball hits a crutch surely that isn't hand-ball?

September 10, 2017, 12:10:49 AM
Reply #17

Realist

Williams shouldn't have started today after two games for Wales this week, especially after a trip to Moldova.

He shouldn't start regardless of the background - he's crap

September 10, 2017, 12:12:11 AM
Reply #18

Ross

And yet, as usual, he was excellent for Wales in both games. Maybe it's the system rather than the player that's the issue

Having watched him for a few years at Swansea I'd say it's possible you've got red tinted specs on while he's playing you national team.

He's never been good enough, Swansea always struggled defensively and he did the same insane defensive errors time and again with them. He's blood and guts and doesn't lack commitment but he's not defensively sound and never has been.

He does come across well though and seems like a decent fella.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 10, 2017, 12:13:48 AM
Reply #19

Marky Mark and the funky

He does come across well though and He comes across thicker than David Beckham, and that's saying something, yet seems like a decent fella.

Fixed! (And I can link Everton TV interviews to prove it :P)

September 10, 2017, 12:16:00 AM
Reply #20

Realist

What has Kenny done to Koeman? There's no way he wouldn't be more effective than Cuco the clown

September 10, 2017, 12:20:53 AM
Reply #21

Realist

Cuco the clown makes Earl Barrett look like Cafu

September 10, 2017, 12:25:31 AM
Reply #22

Ross

Fixed! (And I can link Everton TV interviews to prove it :P)

Please don't I'm going off post match interviews and trying to give him some sort of credit!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 10, 2017, 12:32:28 AM
Reply #23

BlueBeagle

And yet, as usual, he was excellent for Wales in both games. Maybe it's the system rather than the player that's the issue

It's rare you actually face decent teams in international qualifiers.

September 10, 2017, 12:32:43 AM
Reply #24

mikey_blue

What has Kenny done to Koeman? There's no way he wouldn't be more effective than Cuco the clown

Have to agree here. There's no way that Kenny isn't ready, and Martina is.

September 10, 2017, 12:34:31 AM
Reply #25

eyesalwaysblue

The Defence........shite
The Midfield........shite
Forwards.............Shite
Manager......Vile Shite
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 10, 2017, 12:38:34 AM
Reply #26

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Having watched him for a few years at Swansea I'd say it's possible you've got red tinted specs on while he's playing you national team.

He's never been good enough, Swansea always struggled defensively and he did the same insane defensive errors time and again with them. He's blood and guts and doesn't lack commitment but he's not defensively sound and never has been.

He does come across well though and seems like a decent fella.

I didn't realise you were a regular at the Liberty stadium to make such a judgement on a player, or that you followed Wales so often.

I'll take the red tinted specs comment, as it's natural that someone would think that. However, I rarely, if ever, make absolute comments on a ppayer's ability on here like some people do. Williams is a better defender than he has shown at times for us, but I don't think last season he was anywhere near as bad as people made out. This season he is part of a team/system that is struggling to work. Maybe he has seen his best days, age catches up with us all.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 10, 2017, 12:39:39 AM
Reply #27

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
It's rare you actually face decent teams in international qualifiers.

Like Belgium in the Euro qualifiers you mean who he totally dominated their forwards and we didn't concede home and away?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 10, 2017, 12:42:15 AM
Reply #28

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Like Belgium in the Euro qualifiers you mean who he totally dominated their forwards and we didn't concede home and away?

Well some here would still claim that Big strong CF playing for Belgium is shite  ;)

September 10, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Reply #29

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Vile shite hahahah does me every time! lolol
I have to return some videotapes.