December 12, 2017, 06:52:30 AM

Author Topic: Our best 11  (Read 3139 times)

September 12, 2017, 11:12:53 PM
Reply #45

SANA_DR0

lol so many formations i've seen across numerous topics where Siggy is playing on the left..
the position he failed in at spurs.

he needs to be behind the striker. or on the right., why play the most expensive signing, with the most assists (the reason we bought him) out of position.. i guess Koeman is rubbing off on you guys..

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

deCoubertin

September 12, 2017, 11:27:43 PM
Reply #46

BlueForYou

On the left, where Swansea got the best out of him
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 12, 2017, 11:33:32 PM
Reply #47

SANA_DR0

On the left, where Swansea got the best out of him

where he failed with spurs.
the position, he will fail at with Everton, he needs to be on the right or in the middle,, the more he plays on the left.. you will see how the game passes him by..

he's an attacking midfielder, thats where swansea played him.

Edit, do a search for Swansea 2016 formation. or the 2015 formation. Gylfi is in the middle.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:35:20 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 12, 2017, 11:38:17 PM
Reply #48

SANA_DR0

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 13, 2017, 12:08:06 AM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdsson is just a wee bit shit. Nowt player with a good set piece. He failed at Spurs because they needed more than that. He succeeded at Swansea cos he was slightly better than most of the dross they had plus the set play stats

Not sure it really matters where we play him so long as it's within walking distance of the corner flags for when he's remotely useful

September 13, 2017, 12:24:42 AM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Incredible

September 13, 2017, 01:29:15 AM
Reply #51

BlueForYou

Left, right - credible signing
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 13, 2017, 06:01:26 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got a really bad, nagging feeling that we're only going to click when Koeman is forced into dropping one of his main fellas.

Similar to Davies forcing his way in the team last year, I can see Davies, Kenny, maybe even fucking Niasse, forcing their way into the team and benching a Rooney, Gylfi or Martina in the process.

Might just be talking proper wham, but it might be a case of we end up playing square pegs in square holes and something clicks.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 13, 2017, 03:46:47 PM
Reply #53

Lxxx

Got a really bad, nagging feeling that we're only going to click when Koeman is forced into dropping one of his main fellas.

Similar to Davies forcing his way in the team last year, I can see Davies, Kenny, maybe even fucking Niasse, forcing their way into the team and benching a Rooney, Gylfi or Martina in the process.

Might just be talking proper wham, but it might be a case of we end up playing square pegs in square holes and something clicks.

Spot on. I think he has too many players that he feels obliged to play because he signed them, regardless of how unbalanced that leaves the team. Which is what separates the truly top managers from the tier below. Mourinho often buys players and then realises they're not what he needs so they disappear out of the team as he knows he's judged on results first and foremost. Fergie did it too. Even Guardiola doesn't try and shoehorn all his expensive signings in which is why they still play Aguero, Sterling and Silva.

It might take a great performance and win in the cups with 2nd choice players playing in their proper positions to make him change his mind. Even then I'm not sure he would be too open to it.

September 13, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Reply #54

formerKHL

whoever RK perceives as our best 11.....

I wish he would just stick with them instead of chopping and changing every game...to give them time to gain cohesion and understanding..

September 13, 2017, 09:43:19 PM
Reply #55

Rodenplav64

whoever RK perceives as our best 11.....

I wish he would just stick with them instead of chopping and changing every game...to give them time to gain cohesion and understanding..

Exactly . 11 will gel quicker than any permutation of 15 . Unless he feels the need to rotate at this early stage or he doesn't know what the fuck he is trying to do .

September 13, 2017, 11:33:27 PM
Reply #56

SANA_DR0

thats another reason why he reminds me of Moyes.. Moyes did well lots of times as his best team. was not the best team, it was only when one of his faves became injured or suspended that he let better team players play..

refusing to look passed their stubborness, for the betterment of the team.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 14, 2017, 12:05:22 AM
Reply #57

Buck76

Koeman & Walsh were like a pair of Fat Kids in a sweet shop stuffing their faces on No.10's as it shut.

September 14, 2017, 12:18:35 AM
Reply #58

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

It took Davies come in last year (and Bolasie coming out) for us to really start to click I felt.

That might be harsh on Bolasie who wasn't playing badly (Rooney comparison there perhaps) but I did feel we ended up playing better without him.

September 14, 2017, 12:23:41 AM
Reply #59

Martip

This was my main concern when we signed Rooney....i really think koeman will feel obliged to play him regardless of form which May detriment the team.