October 21, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

Author Topic: Our best 11  (Read 2351 times)

September 14, 2017, 01:01:29 AM
Reply #60

Ravardo

lol so many formations i've seen across numerous topics where Siggy is playing on the left..
the position he failed in at spurs.

he needs to be behind the striker. or on the right., why play the most expensive signing, with the most assists (the reason we bought him) out of position.. i guess Koeman is rubbing off on you guys..

Another thing about gylfi is the amount of chances he created last season from open play was 25 the same amount as barry and gana gueye,,where as barkley created 56 who we also havent replaced knowing he was on his way out....Most of gylfi's assists come from deadballs so why were baines and rooney still taking corners last game

deCoubertin

September 14, 2017, 01:11:54 AM
Reply #61

SANA_DR0

Another thing about gylfi is the amount of chances he created last season from open play was 25 the same amount as barry and gana gueye,,where as barkley created 56 who we also havent replaced knowing he was on his way out....Most of gylfi's assists come from deadballs so why were baines and rooney still taking corners last game

no idea, ive actually seen Sandro take corners ths season too, why have 2 of our main  attackers take corners, leaving no striker in the box!...

Baines i can understand taking corners.. but im not sure who took the last one V spurs.. it just threw me totally.. dont think it was rooney.. have a feeling it was Davies or someone else..

cant recall as i was fuming at our play.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 14, 2017, 01:17:08 AM
Reply #62

Buck76

Off subject but at least we didn't sign Tevez who's on 650k a week and suspended cause he's a fat cunt  lolol......

Didn't realise China had Gregs, thought it was all Fish & Insects.. wonder how much they fine him...

September 14, 2017, 01:25:10 AM
Reply #63

bluenuck

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=427101

They drew that game 0-0.

Here's what the writer took from the game. "despite the domination of possession, the problems remain of playing too much football in front of the opposition - and not enough in behind - making it all too easy for the Hammers to keep a clean sheet and gain a point".

Doesn't really help your point of that being his best spot on the field.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:26:39 AM by bluenuck »

September 14, 2017, 01:28:13 AM
Reply #64

SANA_DR0

They drew that game 0-0.

Here's what the writer took from the game. "the problems remain of playing too much football in front of the opposition".

Doesn't really help your point of that being his best spot on the field.

he's played in that position most the time, i dont really care if people think he should play on the left, he will just be in effective there, thus the fans will get on his backs,, if we want him to be successful then we need to play him., behind the striker or strikers, so he can see the whole picture.. not on a wing where he cant play it to anyone on that side.. playing him on the wing negates him quiet a lot.

but theres plenty of swansea formations where they show Gylfi in the same position.... as that is where he had most success.. id recommend talking to swansea fans.

September 14, 2017, 01:35:57 AM
Reply #65

SANA_DR0

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=365939

However, Monk says Sigurdsson must be able to play in multiple positions to become a 'proper player' - which he knows the Icelandic can become.

Last season, Monk played loanee Jonathan de Guzman out wide on the right flank, and it wouldn't be surprising to see Sigurdsson out wide for some games to use his crossing ability for effective use with main striker Wilfried Bony.

Monk admits that Sigurdsson's best position is as a number 10, but says he must adapt at Swansea:

'No. 10 is probably Gylfi's strongest position, but a footballer nowadays should be able to play anywhere,'

'I said that to him on day one. Good players can play anywhere and Gylfi is a good player.

'It's about adapting to what's required in those different positions. Within games you end up in different positions anyway. It's a question of understanding what's required from you when that happens.

'Of course, Gylfi I am sure would say himself that he prefers the No. 10 role and we know that, but I would be stupid not to experiment with other ways of doing things.'

Monk has also told the midfielder to relax at Swansea, as he thought he always had to try and prove himself whenever he played for Spurs, as he could never earn himself a regular starting place.

'He is a quality player who has come back a better player than when he left,'

'He had a difficult time at Tottenham and probably didn't play as regularly as he would have wanted, but obviously there was a lot of competition for the places in the team he was vying for.

'I spoke to him about it. I felt that every time he did play at Spurs he felt that because his chances were limited, he had to prove something or score a goal.

'For me I have told him to come here and settle himself.

'It's about him being a proper player now for the duration of the time that he is here.

'It's about learning not just to be an attacking midfielder, but an all-round midfielder as well.

'If he does that, because of the quality he has he will get his chance to go to the top again, because for me he is a top-six player with ease.

'He could easily play in any of the big leagues in Europe but I think he just needs to establish himself a bit more as an all-rounder.

'We will work with him on that and that will benefit us massively, but obviously benefit him as well.'

Read more: http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=365939#ixzz4saLuKbLQ

old interview/. but still holds weight..

question is.. do we want him to play in HIS BEST POSITION, or just get him to play on the left?
which negates him, but Koeman doesnt want to play anybody else there...

September 14, 2017, 01:42:33 AM
Reply #66

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gary Monk says probably his best position

How's Gary Monk doing nowadays?

Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2017, 01:47:06 AM
Reply #67

BlueForYou

Swansea sacked him
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 14, 2017, 01:51:24 AM
Reply #68

SANA_DR0

Gary Monk says probably his best position

How's Gary Monk doing nowadays?

who is Gary Monk?  sounds like someone blessed in the arts of Shaolin.

theres plenty of people who know Siggys' best position is behind the striker(s)

im going to register to a Swans forum and ask the 45 million pound question.

September 14, 2017, 02:03:23 AM
Reply #69

BlueForYou

While you're at it, can you also ask them, Williams' best position?

Lawrenson and Kilbane prefer the SigStar on the left to cut inside
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 14, 2017, 03:15:41 AM
Reply #70

KoemansNumberTens

The real irony of this 3 new 10s nonsense isn't that barkley is still our best 10. The real irony is that unless barkley has a change of heart or Klassen picks up massively...... we'll still be needing to sign a 10

September 14, 2017, 03:47:11 AM
Reply #71

penguinofdoom1878

My team would be

Pickford

Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines

Gana Davies

Sandro Sigurdsson Lookman

Calvert Lewin

September 14, 2017, 04:11:44 AM
Reply #72

Juanito

Pickford
Kenny  Jags  Keane  Baines
      Schiederlin Gana
            Sigurdsson
 Sandro   DCL    Vlasic

September 14, 2017, 04:17:33 AM
Reply #73

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
The amount of best eleven sides including players who have played ten mins for us is brilliant. Not even proven players who just happened to have played but u21 yo players

Simply simply lovely

September 14, 2017, 04:24:24 AM
Reply #74

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Pickford
Holgate jags keane Baines
Davies Schneiderln gueye
Sygi  DCL Rooney