October 17, 2017, 04:30:16 PM

Author Topic: Atalanta vs. Everton  (Read 9880 times)

September 12, 2017, 05:38:00 AM
Reply #60

gizzblue

Just tried to retune my freeview to get the Showcase channel 3 times, hasn't shown up yet
Only on hd digital I'm afraid .. ..a hd  tuner or hd telly .

September 12, 2017, 06:17:38 AM
Reply #61

Ravardo

Im hoping we field a side that will stay the same for a few games after this one, bar swapping 1 player maybe
                                                         pickford
                                 holgate    keane            jags   baines

gueye        schneiderlin

klassen          gylfi       mirallas

DCL

Chop dcl for rooney
klassen for davies
mirallas for sandro sometime in the second half,,,im only picking mirallas because thats he's postion and id rather he filled it than a newbie playing outta postion

September 12, 2017, 12:46:35 PM
Reply #62

Buck76

Would love us to play a well balanced squad. People playing in their natural positions, with wide players.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
          Morgs Gana
Lookman    Sig       Vlasic           
                DCL

I'd like us to go back to basics with a 442, its the 1st game away with a tough game against United after.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
Davies Morgs Klaassen Vlasic                 
           Sandro DCL

Its a gamble but it gives Klaassen a chance to play a key role in midfield without getting crowded out & Sandro the chance to play off a front man instead of being isolated with Siggy & Rooney in reserve if they fail to deliver whilst resting them for Sun. Just think we haven't the players for either 352 or 433 atm

September 12, 2017, 03:35:54 PM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Amazed at the amount of people picking Sandro ahead of Rooney.

Rooney has been the most consistent attacker by quite a bit.

DCL did very well vs City but hasn't looked a massive goal threat at all.

Lookman hasn't been good enough this season to warrant a starting run of games.

If we're looking to be solid then the front 4 should be Lennon right, Rooney as 10, Sigurdsson left and DCL up front.

Other combinations are wishful thinking based on what they've done at the top level in England so far.

September 12, 2017, 04:29:51 PM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If we're looking to be solid then the front 4 should be Lennon right, Rooney as 10, Sigurdsson left and DCL up front.

Other combinations are wishful thinking based on what they've done at the top level in England so far.

Tbh removing the wishful thinking as you put it i'd probably agree with this, but maybe make the change of Sig in the 10.

Rooneys shown that if we put him wide he will still come for the ball and get involved, and I think 10 is sigs best position so it would be nice to see him in there with a striker a head of him who wants to get on the end of balls.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2017, 04:30:20 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

I'm a little worried that we've paid 45m for a player but we're not playing him a position where we can get the best out of him. He's done very little so far on the left of an attacking three and I fear Rooney is undroppable under Koeman so it's more of the same.
I'd like to see us go for a 4-4-1-1 and stop with the 2 sitting and three ahead as the gap between them all is too much at the moment, meaning we're not able to get up the pitch to create much of an attacking threat. Although I fear Koeman will continue with the 'draw is a good result' mentality as we're away which will result in more of the same.

September 12, 2017, 04:37:34 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We'll click here and look good, then back to a confused mess on Sunday I reckon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 12, 2017, 04:38:29 PM
Reply #67

Rhys

Let's go for a controversial lineup :-

Pickford
Kenny Kean Jags Baines
Davis Klaassen Morgan Valisc
Siggy
Niasse

Very controversial seeing as Niasse didnt make the Europa League squad!

September 12, 2017, 04:42:40 PM
Reply #68

Toddacelli

@GLewis @brap2 & @Lxxx all raising good points.

The best movement I've seen this season from the front players has been against Sevilla when Rooney and Sandro were switching sides regularly.

If we want to play Sigurdsson as the 10, would it work behind two inter-changing strikers? He has the vision and technique to pick them both out I think.

We could also play DCL as the 9, Sigurdsson as the 10 and Sandro and Rooney on either side, but that's quite top heavy and would probably only work against lesser opposition if we had good support from the wing-backs and a VERY solid, hard-working pair in midfield behind Sigurdsson.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 12, 2017, 04:44:17 PM
Reply #69

Toddacelli

The other thing is to play our best players in their best positions.

Could we play Sigurdsson as a 10 behind Rooney as a 9?

I know some people think he's finished as a 9 but I don't.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 12, 2017, 05:52:12 PM
Reply #70

Everton Mint

Just tried to retune my freeview to get the Showcase channel 3 times, hasn't shown up yet

I really dont get what BT are trying to achieve. Most people into football have Sky or cable yet they dont put the free games on them.  Not many have Freeview HD but its on there...

September 12, 2017, 05:59:00 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

I agree. However then we're back to the square pegs in round holes on the left again. It really is criminal that we've had three years of neglect on that side of the pitch, for a side that is the 12th most expensive team in the world at the moment.

September 12, 2017, 06:25:29 PM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Koeman did say that Rooney would play multiple roles, so why not?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

September 12, 2017, 06:27:48 PM
Reply #73

Shogun

Administrator

Doesn't it make sense that people may not have Rooney in their team due to him playing every single minute of this season and the United match coming up?

Whilst European matches are probably best for Sandro (and Klaassen) if they're to settle in.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 12, 2017, 06:35:53 PM
Reply #74

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't it make sense that people may not have Rooney in their team due to him playing every single minute of this season and the United match coming up?

Whilst European matches are probably best for Sandro (and Klaassen) if they're to settle in.

Yeah that's fine if that's the reasoning.

It was more of a general reaction to suggestions that he shouldn't play.

Eg there's been a few mentions of him blocking Sigurdsson but he's not played as a 10 since Sigurdsson came bar at City.

Just seems to be a bit of a misconception and appreciation of what he's been doing.