December 14, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62368 times)

October 03, 2017, 09:26:18 PM
Reply #1260

BlueBeagle

You could go through and make a case for each of them above but suffice to say the vast majority who play every week now were not here in the Martinez reign. If all the 11 above either jacked it in tomorrow or played out of their skin nothing would change, such is their influence on the 1st team now.

I would imagine that a negative atmosphere amongst a certain group of players, nailed-on starters or not, could easily affect the whole squad.

I'm not saying this is what is happening for the record.

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 09:34:32 PM
Reply #1261

themilkycoffees

You could go through and make a case for each of them above but suffice to say the vast majority who play every week now were not here in the Martinez reign. If all the 11 above either jacked it in tomorrow or played out of their skin nothing would change, such is their influence on the 1st team now.

A lot of big personalities in the dressing room still here though - same losing mentality. Jagielka and Baines are the first two I would be looking to get rid of. We will never win a trophy with the 'nice guys' who don't seem to care all that much about whether they win or lose.

October 03, 2017, 09:39:09 PM
Reply #1262

formerKHL

A lot of big personalities in the dressing room still here though - same losing mentality. Jagielka and Baines are the first two I would be looking to get rid of. We will never win a trophy with the 'nice guys' who don't seem to care all that much about whether they win or lose.
[/b]

I've never met a professional footballer who thinks this way...at any level...

October 03, 2017, 09:56:17 PM
Reply #1263

themilkycoffees

[/b]

I've never met a professional footballer who thinks this way...at any level...

Let me ask you then, do you genuinely believe it hurts Jagielka and Baines when we get beat? I personally don't think they give one and they're supposed to be the leaders at the club. Did you see that Carragher interview with GOT and the question about our players in derbies?

October 03, 2017, 10:03:50 PM
Reply #1264

formerKHL

Let me ask you then, do you genuinely believe it hurts Jagielka and Baines when we get beat? I personally don't think they give one and they're supposed to be the leaders at the club. Did you see that Carragher interview with GOT and the question about our players in derbies?

Yes I do know it hurts them to lose...even have a bad game...most players/managers are horrible to be around when they lose....

No I never seen the carragher interview TBH..having said that I don't like the bloke so tend not to watch/listen to him at all...

October 03, 2017, 10:10:20 PM
Reply #1265

themilkycoffees

Yes I do know it hurts them to lose...even have a bad game...most players/managers are horrible to be around when they lose....

No I never seen the carragher interview TBH..having said that I don't like the bloke so tend not to watch/listen to him at all...

You know? How's that? Not looking to argue with you over something I can't be certain of myself, but looking at it from the outside, it doesn't look like they're arsed at all. Last season after getting tonked at Anfield, Jagielka is liking posts on Instagram a couple of hours later and is all smiles in training the next day. The captain of Everton Football Club.

I don't like Carragher either but it's with an Everton forum and his answer is quite telling about their character.

October 03, 2017, 10:17:15 PM
Reply #1266

formerKHL

my son is of the same opinion as you TBH.... he thinks all the players couldn't care a toss.....

October 03, 2017, 10:18:11 PM
Reply #1267

KoemansNumberTens

It suited us at the time but I do think Baines apparently turning down Bayern Munich to stay here is quite telling. He's not a winner. You here stories of Ronaldo and the Barca Youth products who left home at an early age to become the best they could be/ then we have Baines who'd rather play for Everton than win champions leagues with Bayern munich.

October 03, 2017, 10:40:21 PM
Reply #1268

themilkycoffees

It suited us at the time but I do think Baines apparently turning down Bayern Munich to stay here is quite telling. He's not a winner. You here stories of Ronaldo and the Barca Youth products who left home at an early age to become the best they could be/ then we have Baines who'd rather play for Everton than win champions leagues with Bayern munich.

Two ways of looking at that, I suppose. Fantastic loyalty or not ambitious enough? I fully respect what Baines has done for Everton and he's been a great player. I just don't think he looks the same player and it looks to me like he's fallen out of love with the game. His contract is up in the summer and it's time to move on.

October 03, 2017, 10:50:58 PM
Reply #1269

Lxxx

Two ways of looking at that, I suppose. Fantastic loyalty or not ambitious enough? I fully respect what Baines has done for Everton and he's been a great player. I just don't think he looks the same player and it looks to me like he's fallen out of love with the game. His contract is up in the summer and it's time to move on.

Or retire. He strikes me as the kind of lad who wouldn't be that arsed if it all ended tomorrow. He looks to have other interests and he's a very wealthy man so he can afford to invest his time in photography and music. Fair play to him.

October 04, 2017, 12:08:26 AM
Reply #1270

Martip

IF we do end up keeping Koeman they need to back him in the transfer market....go out there and pay the money for VVD and a top notch forward rather than pissing around buying the likes of klassen etc as the punts are not working out.

I want to see him gone but if he is to stay back him and bring in a couple of bangers to stop this decline....

October 04, 2017, 05:20:59 AM
Reply #1271

Running Blue

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with this.  I don't see anything "ambitious" about winning trophies with a team which is ALREADY winning trophies.  I mean, I could sign for Manchester United, never play a minute and win trophies.  The true character of a man is defined by his willingness and ability to be faithful to a cause and see it through to completion.

If Baines is a loser because he was faithful to Everton then what does that make all of us?  I could just as easily buy a Barcelona shirt as an Everton shirt. 

October 04, 2017, 05:49:52 AM
Reply #1272

Rhys

2nd manager in 3 seasons now that the squad have seemingly given up on.

I was/am Martinez biggest critic but that doesn't look great does it.

I don't think it's just our players I think it's a football problem these days. Players know how quickly managers can get sacked, some can go 4 games into a season new in the job, others can go 4-5 games having had good seasons before. So they know the power they have in getting rid of someone if for whatever reason they don't want the manager around. With Roberto they might have found him clueless, koeman they might be thinking he has annoyed too many players.

But we've seen it a few times at Chelsea down the years, Leicester last season, Sunderland a few times as well. Not saying it is right or acceptable, but I think it's a symptom of how the game has gone with players holding the cards and clubs happy to get rid of multiple managers a season if they have to do achieve their aims.

October 04, 2017, 07:50:20 AM
Reply #1273

oztoffee

What would you do if you came home and found Alex Young in bed with your wife?
Cover him up so he won't get cold!

October 04, 2017, 02:41:38 PM
Reply #1274

BlueForYou

Martin O'Neil said that he does not know what a PL manager's role is these days; ie, how much control does a manager have?

And once the fans turn on a manager - ticking time bomb

In Koeman's case, if Walsh is the main man, then Everton ought to appoint Ranieri, after all, it proved a PL winning combination

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:42:47 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick