October 24, 2017, 02:33:02 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 46914 times)

October 07, 2017, 08:56:02 PM
Reply #1320

blue1948

its for the greater good, a win here will paper over the cracks then it gives him license to throw a few more games and we end up worse off in the long run, you gotta look at the bigger picture
You are wrong ,wrong and it is never good to wish / hope we lose .Wrong.

deCoubertin

October 07, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
Reply #1321

blue1948

We only really sold Barry and Lukaku from first team, and the long term injuries to Coleman, Bolasie were known. Deulofeu, Cleverley, McGeady were out on loan last season before being sold. Kone, Valencia weren't large parts of team, wanted or needed.

It will take time for players to adapt, we have injuries and european fixtures - But these are all things that were known about. In a little over a year, the team has been completely transformed, because players weren't good enough. Now it's the players coming in that aren't good enough.

We had to adapt after Lukaku - We have options up top, DCL, Sandro, Rooney, Niasse etc. We spent £140m on 8 players who have played first team so far and Onyekuru for next season. It's not squad fillers, all have case they could be starting or will be. 5 of those are attacking midfielders or forwards. Mirallas was pissed off at having to stay and has only been used as sub when losing heavily since. Lookman has hardly been given any time, not sure if injured? Would Barkley be playing if fit again now, would have been sold if he wasn't.

From before Koeman, only Baines, Jagielka, Besic, Lennon, Mirallas, Niasse and youngsters Holgate, Davies and Kenny have played this season and only Baines has featured regularly. Can only really see the younger players as having long term future under Koeman. I thought Burnley post match showed that he had practically admitted defeat. He wasn't defending the team or the performance, he was attacking his lack of options, attacking the team.

7th was a decent season last year, good was a stretch. This season was supposed to be the year we kicked on for CL or won a cup. By end of September that looks highly unlikely, by end of October we could be out of 2 and in trouble in PL. Koeman had high turnover of players at Southampton and little to suggest he can keep the best ones.

His record in european competition is atrocious, at Valencia it was one of their worst seasons historically. At Southampton, he lost in qualifying to Midtjylland and then came to us when they qualified automatically. European games don't just absorb energy from team in terms of playing and travel, but it also reduces your preparation. Instead of a week to prepare for every game, you get a few days for all of them.
Well written but sadly avoiding one indisputable fact -that the push for the top ,kicking on -whatever the correct term is ,was started by the press and continued by us ,no one else not the board ,not Koeman .So although I sympathize with you the "targets" were not set by them but by others .

October 07, 2017, 10:49:18 PM
Reply #1322

SANA_DR0

Yet another fantasy of "Koeman left Everton" ilk.

?? are you saying Lookman hasnt been linked to london clubs this past week?

how would you feel if you was Lookman. seeing we had no width and just sitting on the bench, knowing he could do better.. but nope lets bring on Sandro and Klaassen again as thats worked so well every other time we have tried it.

aganst Apollon and Burnley he was left on the bench while we brough on Sandro and Rooney. 2 players who hate going anywhere near the box., while the best attacking option on the bench (Lookman) was left on the bench again.

or are you of the ilk that if Koeman keeps trying what hasnt worked yet, it will eventually work??

lol, hes been linked with spurs today, palace yesterday..

awesome work by Koeman, by making one of our best youngsters want to leave, not even offering him the last 10 mins in games,

Koeman is a shambles of a manager. He'll sell a winger to buy another number 10.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:52:52 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 08, 2017, 01:21:56 AM
Reply #1323

plumber

?? are you saying Lookman hasnt been linked to london clubs this past week?

how would you feel if you was Lookman. seeing we had no width and just sitting on the bench, knowing he could do better.. but nope lets bring on Sandro and Klaassen again as thats worked so well every other time we have tried it.

aganst Apollon and Burnley he was left on the bench while we brough on Sandro and Rooney. 2 players who hate going anywhere near the box., while the best attacking option on the bench (Lookman) was left on the bench again.

or are you of the ilk that if Koeman keeps trying what hasnt worked yet, it will eventually work??

lol, hes been linked with spurs today, palace yesterday..

awesome work by Koeman, by making one of our best youngsters want to leave, not even offering him the last 10 mins in games,

Koeman is a shambles of a manager. He'll sell a winger to buy another number 10.

You are a really queer gentleman.  How have you come to the conclusion that Lookman wants to leave from the fact that he was linked with Spurs and Palace in some toilet papers?

October 08, 2017, 03:05:55 AM
Reply #1324

gizzblue

If he would play with the pace and wingers we have ready available. ..I'm quite sure a lot of the team issues  (lob sided square pegs round holes)would go away ...but he insists on two DM's playing narrow with two or three no' tens weekly. ...it won't change in a hurry because he feels the need to field all his purchases to fulfil his ego...to our detrement .

October 08, 2017, 03:38:30 AM
Reply #1325

SANA_DR0

You are a really queer gentleman.  How have you come to the conclusion that Lookman wants to leave from the fact that he was linked with Spurs and Palace in some toilet papers?

LOL, love it when posters use derogatory terms on other posters, as it validates their point even more.. yes Plumber you are correct, im queer as I think koeman is a fool for not playing Lookman on the wing, and instead playing Davies on the wing.. cos Davies is naturally a winger.

This comes down to Koeman, If i was Lookman watching CMs and 10's in his position, i'd want to leave. Yes maybe he isnt looking to leave, i wrote that wrong originally, but you can see why other teams are interested in a player that doesnt get  a look in for us.

Maybe you would take this post more seriously if i started calling you names.

Some classy posters on this site.. ive seen atleast 5 who like to call people names, wonder how wonderful they are in the real world..
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 08, 2017, 04:49:02 AM
Reply #1326

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think he meant strange
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2017, 05:01:08 AM
Reply #1327

bacon sarnie

I think he meant strange

Like the look one would get last century when asking a Canadian if he wanted a fag.

October 08, 2017, 06:12:41 AM
Reply #1328

Jamokachi

nowt as queer as folk

October 08, 2017, 04:08:53 PM
Reply #1329

plumber

It is such a gay* place sometimes.

*hillarious, funny, jolly, playful

October 08, 2017, 04:13:02 PM
Reply #1330

daza365

Just a reminder that after Brighton away, our next 4 games are Lyon, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester. Given the current state of the club, does anybody see Koeman getting to the end of October?

October 08, 2017, 04:19:18 PM
Reply #1331

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah he'll get sacked when we get destroyed 4-0 in Lyon in November.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 08, 2017, 04:29:00 PM
Reply #1332

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Jeez, four tough matches within ten days ! Two draws and two defeats at best.

October 08, 2017, 05:47:46 PM
Reply #1333

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'm safe in the knowledge that he's gone in the next few weeks

Possibly straight after the Brighton defeat.

October 08, 2017, 05:52:35 PM
Reply #1334

Ross

Wonder how many of those 5 games will be classed as “expected loses”?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.