November 18, 2017, 04:17:08 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55771 times)

October 18, 2017, 03:03:16 AM
Reply #1665

toffee_scot

Taxi for Moshiri is a bit harsh Ross?

I thought Moshiri was the one supposed to be driving Koeman in the taxi according to that image?

deCoubertin

October 18, 2017, 05:34:05 AM
Reply #1666

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Personally think Barkley played an underappreciated role in helping to transition from defence to attack. The one thing he never did was hide, he was always available for the pass and generally helped retain possession. From a 'creating great chances' perspective, he unquestionably held on to the ball too long. What he did well though was keep it long enough that we could at least actually mount an attack (and relieve defensive pressure) - things we seem incapable of doing at times this season.

Definitely this. Can't believe people could look at how we're playing and think he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Wouldn't play him as a ten though. Let him collect the ball from Schneiderlin and turn meek possession into attack.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 18, 2017, 03:17:17 PM
Reply #1667

BlueForYou

No taxi for Koeman

It's gonna be Uber-ific

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 18, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
Reply #1668

Lxxx

Definitely this. Can't believe people could look at how we're playing and think he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Wouldn't play him as a ten though. Let him collect the ball from Schneiderlin and turn meek possession into attack.

Must admit I was of the opinion that Sig and Rooney would come in and provide exactly what Barkley doesn't but it hasn't worked out like that. I think our summer recruitment has blocked his path back into the first team though when fit, especially if Koeman stays much longer. Which is a shame but for him to start Koeman would have to eat some massive humble pie and I don't think he's that type of guy.

October 18, 2017, 09:35:10 PM
Reply #1669

bluenuck

Must admit I was of the opinion that Sig and Rooney would come in and provide exactly what Barkley doesn't but it hasn't worked out like that. I think our summer recruitment has blocked his path back into the first team though when fit, especially if Koeman stays much longer. Which is a shame but for him to start Koeman would have to eat some massive humble pie and I don't think he's that type of guy.

Niasse is out there, and he alienated him as hard as any manager could.

Also, he's always been open about wanting Barkley back, and wanting him to sign a new deal. So I don't know how much of a humble pie he'd be eating. Or is this like the myth of him golfing everyday?

October 18, 2017, 10:18:19 PM
Reply #1670

Lxxx

Niasse is out there, and he alienated him as hard as any manager could.

Also, he's always been open about wanting Barkley back, and wanting him to sign a new deal. So I don't know how much of a humble pie he'd be eating. Or is this like the myth of him golfing everyday?

Fair point. Although he really doesn't have much alternative but to utilise Niasse at the minute, with only three strikers at the club and the other two being a kid and a guy well past his best.

Our business in the summer was centred around the fact Barkley was leaving so we bought four/five players for his position, so I'd be surprised if he saw much first team action if he got fit before January. I'd like him to but we'll see.

October 18, 2017, 11:24:43 PM
Reply #1671

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Sadly, first thing we'll do when the January window is open is sell Barkley. They were trying right until the last minute so I can't see that changing unless the money on offer has become peanuts now.

Only slim chance of keeping Barkley would be if Koeman went and we got in a manager like Tuchel who could sell him on staying around. Even so, it's unlikely as why would he not go to Spurs at this point? Or Chelsea for that matter.

October 19, 2017, 07:43:54 AM
Reply #1672

American Evertonian

Looking at a potential Leicester City struggle for a manager hire I hope we wait before firing Koeman
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 19, 2017, 07:47:15 AM
Reply #1673

Ramjam

Because he wouldn’t get at game at either of those 3 clubs
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 19, 2017, 02:49:17 PM
Reply #1674

Lxxx

I think Barkley feared his career would go the way of Drinkwater’s if he went to Chelsea. Which is never getting a game unless they had an injury crisis. Which he’d be correct.

October 19, 2017, 04:21:11 PM
Reply #1675

Hawkandro

I think Barkley feared his career would go the way of Drinkwater’s if he went to Chelsea. Which is never getting a game unless they had an injury crisis. Which he’d be correct.

I can't see him getting much more game time at Spurs either. Hopefully before he goes we will get rid of Koeman and get him to sign a new deal.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 04:27:25 PM
Reply #1676

everton1952

Why would Barkley think he would be sought after by any of the top 6 clubs? Unless he really believed what Martinez told him. I hope he stays and plays for us. Even then he would have to be more comsistent than he used to be in order to claim a regular place in what I hope will be a stronger squad after next January..

October 19, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #1677

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why would Barkley think he would be sought after by any of the top 6 clubs? Unless he really believed what Martinez told him. I hope he stays and plays for us. Even then he would have to be more comsistent than he used to be in order to claim a regular place in what I hope will be a stronger squad after next January..

Because they keep trying to buy him? 😂
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2017, 04:40:21 PM
Reply #1678

Lxxx

Frustrating really to have so much young talent on the books and be failing to harness it. Imagine if Pochettino had the amount of potential we have in this squad, he'd have them at their peak physical fitness and motivated to bust a gut and impress.
It's no exaggeration to say we have the most talented group of youngsters in the league, if you add Barkley into that mix as well it's a pretty exciting bunch all in all. You just want to see it harnessed and produce but it's looking unlikely at present.

October 19, 2017, 05:07:23 PM
Reply #1679

GrantyBoy78

I'm amazed that the people in charge didn't see this coming. Pretty much everyone on this forum was convinced we'd sign an established quality winger and a striker. Not because they were in the know but because not even an idiot would think we could function without them. Instead we fucked about with Sigurdsson. It's beyond inept. We seem to have a habit of appointing managers who do the fucking ridiculous
We have a DoF that ‘governs’ transfers. Why would Koeman, who had the likes of Pelle and Mane play so well for him, not want players of the same ilk?