November 25, 2017, 02:45:41 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58373 times)

October 22, 2017, 12:08:04 AM
Reply #1830

Ridge

I think Silva would be up for it, in terms of salary, squad, resources and ambition, we have far more potential than Watford, despite current standings.

I'd rather have Unsworth personally, but Silva would be next behind him.

deCoubertin

October 22, 2017, 12:09:48 AM
Reply #1831

Evertonian in NC

I think Silva would be up for it, in terms of salary, squad, resources and ambition, we have far more potential than Watford, despite current standings.

I'd rather have Unsworth personally, but Silva would be next behind him.

In a perfect world, you temp it to Unsworth, see if he bosses it.  If so, maybe he gets it full time.  If it's more dead cat bounce, you thank him for holding down the fort, put him back in charge of U-23s, and go with Moose Hornets guy.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 12:18:41 AM
Reply #1832

Ridge

Fans have always loved our homegrown players, and I can understand why lack of experience would worry people.

But there is so much to like about Unsworth, I'm not sure what more he could have done to warrant the opportunity, other than leave the club.

October 22, 2017, 12:20:33 AM
Reply #1833

Evertonian in NC

U-23 is just such a different world from the Prem.  But he has the trust and belief of our most important players.  I see both sides of the argument.  He'd need a very strong DoF.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 22, 2017, 12:21:13 AM
Reply #1834

BlueForYou

Move Unsworth up as joint first team coach with Ferguson
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 22, 2017, 12:21:16 AM
Reply #1835

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Amazed at the amount of people willing to hand the keys of an already dysfunctional team, without a reliable way of scoring goals to an inexperienced manager with basically no PL experience.

Itís more of the brexit type thinking. Experience has let us down so letís just bring in a wild card..!

Look at how seriously the top teams take the PL2 league:
https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U21

Man Utd dead last followed by Spurs and Chelsea.

If this was a team like last year which had a certain balance and way of scoring Iíd be less worried as to an extent that team could go out and pick up enough points no matter who was managing. This team as it stands though is a mess.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:30:00 AM by blueToffee »

October 22, 2017, 12:36:12 AM
Reply #1836

gizzblue

Amazed at the amount of people willing to hand the keys of an already dysfunctional team, without a reliable way of scoring goals to an inexperienced manager with basically no PL experience.

It's more of the brexit type thinking. Experience has let us down so let's just bring in a wild card..!

Look at how seriously the top teams take the PL2 league:
https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U21

Man Utd dead last followed by Spurs and Chelsea.

If this was a team like last year which had a certain balance and way of scoring I'd be less worried as to an extent that team could go out and pick up enough points no matter who was managing. This team as it's stand is a mess.
Doesnt the lack of balance and dysfunction come because of Koemans ego and tactics though .

October 22, 2017, 12:39:38 AM
Reply #1837

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Doesnt the lack of balance and dysfunction come because of Koemans ego and tactics though .

Itís not helping...but that doesnít mean the answer is an under-23 manager. Are there any other u-23 managers anyone would look to hire to take over a PL club? Iím guessing not.

October 22, 2017, 12:41:45 AM
Reply #1838

Ridge

Young players can often make the transition surprisingly well, it's the same game, same tactics, same man management. Just bigger crowds, more pressure and more experienced opponents. To me, it makes more sense than appointing a number 2 like Phelan or Shakespeare. It's not a change of stroke, so much as moving to deeper water.

Guardiola at Barca, Zidane at Real, they didn't have to leave to get a chance. It's not that common, especially not in PL, but if you put in the development, they impress with youth team and know the players coming through, it can be a smooth transition, and someone unafraid of trying the youngsters they've got to know and trust.

Unsworth knows the club, knows the young players and it wouldn't be a bad thing if other managers underestimated him or don't know what to expect.

October 22, 2017, 12:45:22 AM
Reply #1839

Evertonian in NC

I think Unsworth should at least be someone the players like and respect, which would stabilize the situation for this season.  Certainly no need to bring in an anti-footballer like Fat Sam.

The key is not to overreact and hire him permanently unless he well and truly bosses it.  I think you have to grade him very critically, and not give him the benefit of the doubt, for the reasons listed above.  No place for sentiment, because it would be a risky thing to do.

October 22, 2017, 12:49:15 AM
Reply #1840

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Koeman is sacked tomorrow Unsworth will get a short run at it regardless as we will have no option. I don't think he's right for the job but we'll likely find out the way things are carrying on right now.

October 22, 2017, 01:39:51 AM
Reply #1841

Waltzer

Regardless of who takes over, or if Koeman stays, they're on a hiding to nothing until January when we can actually get someone to score our goals. If I'm honest id rather keep Koeman, it won't be pretty but Unsworth won't fair much better and it'll ruin what he's currently doing at the the club

October 22, 2017, 01:43:29 AM
Reply #1842

Mayor Farnum

Anyone know what style of play Unsworth favours when results are the overriding factor?

October 22, 2017, 01:53:11 AM
Reply #1843

Martip

Silva is a great shout imo.

October 22, 2017, 01:54:33 AM
Reply #1844

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They generally play 4231

Simply simply lovely