November 19, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56161 times)

October 23, 2017, 07:28:26 AM
Reply #2115

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He lost me when he used "aloud' instead of "allowed'.

So this
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 09:18:34 AM
Reply #2116

montanatoffeefan

I honestly don't think Roberto deserved the sack.

Fucking hell, mate. Until Koeman or some other manager takes us down to  League One, that's completely uncalled for.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:22:08 AM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

October 23, 2017, 09:19:15 AM
Reply #2117

Jamokachi

October 23, 2017, 09:19:36 AM
Reply #2118

montanatoffeefan

He lost me when he used ‘aloud’ instead of ‘allowed’.

To his credit, at least he didn't answer "Bernard Allou" when asked what players we'd be targeting in January.
Everton forever.

October 23, 2017, 02:33:11 PM
Reply #2119

Lazarou

Good piece from McNulty, as usual...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41716554

Everton managers' Premier League record (after 47 games)
Manager   Win %
Roberto Martinez 51.06%
David Moyes   44.68%
Ronald Koeman   40.43%
Howard Kendall   38.30%
Joe Royle           34.04%
Walter Smith   34.04%

A Moyes/Martinez fusing of philosophies has been our high point. Joint managers is the answer?

October 23, 2017, 02:33:43 PM
Reply #2120

Macca77

Silence is golden eh! Looks like the board are happy doesn't it

October 23, 2017, 02:39:18 PM
Reply #2121

Lazarou

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/22/everton-arsenal-ronald-koeman

The journo's are rightly pointing a finger or two at the recruitment which obviously failed on it's prime job this summer. I just can't see Moshiri have a full clear out of what only 12 months ago was the vision of our future.

Has the headcoach/director of football ever been successful in the PL?

October 23, 2017, 02:39:35 PM
Reply #2122

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Silence is golden eh! Looks like the board are happy doesn't it

The fact that they haven't sacked him by 8.30 am is hardly proof that they are "happy" of course they're not "happy"

October 23, 2017, 02:46:47 PM
Reply #2123

Macca77

The fact that they haven't sacked him by 8.30 am is hardly proof that they are "happy" of course they're not "happy"

What I'm saying is they should've sacked him straight after the game, why delay it

October 23, 2017, 03:01:16 PM
Reply #2124

Rodenplav64

Fucking hell, mate. Until Koeman or some other manager takes us down to  League One, that's completely uncalled for.

Why edit my post . The compared to this bit is relevant . We are worse now than after the Sunderland game when Martinez got sacked . He was no worse than Koeman . We have wasted all the money we have and this idiot has completely destroyed the confidence of virtually everyone at the club . He had form for it at Valencia when the expectation on HIM was at his highest in his career as a Manager . He has done the same again here .

October 23, 2017, 03:07:38 PM
Reply #2125

Lazarou

Why edit my post . The compared to this bit is relevant . We are worse now than after the Sunderland game when Martinez got sacked . He was no worse than Koeman . We have wasted all the money we have and this idiot has completely destroyed the confidence of virtually everyone at the club . He had form for it at Valencia when the expectation on HIM was at his highest in his career as a Manager . He has done the same again here .

That's true about being worse now. Martinez's football philosophy was wrong we still had a good team that was balanced and had some confidence. Koeman & Walsh have completely trashed the team in just about every facet imaginable. Like you say he does have form in this area.

October 23, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
Reply #2126

indiantoffee1975

Has he gone yet? I want him gone today.

October 23, 2017, 03:21:57 PM
Reply #2127

Bluedylan

Only reason I can think is that they maybe wouldn't want to give Unsworth Chelsea away as his first game.

Not that I agree with that, but I'm struggling to think why else they didn't just send Koeman on his way last night.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 23, 2017, 03:34:56 PM
Reply #2128

Hawkandro

We're not known for our rash decisions though, one thing we do is take our time doing things and announcing them.

Saying that, I don't feel Moshiri wants rid.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 23, 2017, 03:38:29 PM
Reply #2129

Trublue

When this type of situation arises, I'm normally for caution. But can't see him turning this around. Agree no one will want their first match to be Chelsea away, all be it in the League Cup. Its going to be a written off match as the league takes priority, but defeats breed defeats.  Even a greatly changed Chelsea side will likely hammer us.