November 25, 2017, 04:26:01 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58394 times)

October 23, 2017, 05:28:57 PM
Reply #2160

Lxxx

What, just to please a section of trigger happy fans ? Legal issues need to be discussed/finalised before
they make a decision/announcement.

I'm pretty sure any competent business with the finances and access to professional legal advice we have would/could have done this before making any decision. We're not a two bit outfit with no cash. We haven't made an announcement probably because there's no announcement to make. 

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 05:30:16 PM
Reply #2161

Ridge

We went through the he's turned everyone to shit a little over a year ago. I think there are some fairly easy choices, but they take some decisiveness and a new direction. One manager is going to see it one way and find it difficult to change perspective. Our squad has much more talent than any previous manager inherited. And we have far more money and new stadium on way, mad bills to pay, good youngsters, facilities etc. It's a fairly major issue we can't attack or defend, but squad is good enough and we aren't technically out of any competitions yet, although it looks like league cup is looking foregone conclusion if he's in charge.

October 23, 2017, 05:36:27 PM
Reply #2162

Tinga

I'm not watching them until he goes, it's been decided.

October 23, 2017, 05:40:03 PM
Reply #2163

Lxxx

I don't think this squad is as good as we thought it is though. Apart from a midfield diamond of Schneiderlin, Gueye and Sig who are all at a good age with good experience and should be performing at a higher level everything around that is just a bit meh and potential.

There's plenty to work with for the future for the next manager though if he can motivate a group of players but it needs major additions at the back and up front to even get back up to challenging for 7th again.

October 23, 2017, 05:40:06 PM
Reply #2164

Lazarou

Not a player though, to the media he never criticised anyone. Not Mirallas for grabbing the ball off Baines, not Stones for playing chicken in the 6 yard box, not Rom for generally not looking that bothered some days. I think he genuinely lost the dressing room in a way that Koeman hasn't, but we couldn't defend under Martinez, under Koeman we can't attack or defend or pass, apart from that we're solid.

He never hung any player out to dry like Koeman, with him it is every match. The players must talk about it, we all have a moan about the boss. The thing is with footballers especially in the PL is that they have the power to change it. Koeman just comes across as a arrogant prick.

I am sure the handling of Barkley or the public criticism must be playing a part in our demise. Changing tactics every 45 minutes does not help your position as a autocratic leader either.

That's why I have been sure for a while the dressing room is lost.

October 23, 2017, 05:42:34 PM
Reply #2165

nwatson

I'm not watching them until he goes, it's been decided.
That makes 2 of us. I actually feel sick at the thought of him being in charge on Wednesday. Our board sucks the life out of me. I'm thru until hes gone and I only hope it's not to late

October 23, 2017, 05:53:17 PM
Reply #2166

hill135

I think give him the Chelsea game and after that do the deed and get rid. We're going to lose that game anyway, away from home against the Champions in a competition we're always shite in so little point in handing Unsworth a poison chalice. Bin Ron after that and let Unsworth prepare the team for Leicester game where we stand a better chance of getting off to a good start. I know that's complete loser talk from me but oh well.

October 23, 2017, 05:53:41 PM
Reply #2167

blue1948

Good riddance to both of you ,you don't deserve to watch them if you are so fickle .

October 23, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
Reply #2168

Robioto

The thing is the more I think about it the more I think we won't be that much better off, even with another manager in charge.

Better off, but this season is fucked isn't it?

October 23, 2017, 05:59:10 PM
Reply #2169

Rhys

I think give him the Chelsea game and after that do the deed and get rid. We're going to lose that game anyway, away from home against the Champions in a competition we're always shite in so little point in handing Unsworth a poison chalice. Bin Ron after that and let Unsworth prepare the team for Leicester game where we stand a better chance of getting off to a good start. I know that's complete loser talk from me but oh well.

Almost guaranteed to lose regardless you are probably right so why not get Rhino in for it and let him have a free swing? It's a cup competition when they will play a lot of fringe players surely worth having a crack with an outside chance of staying in it than guaranteed defeat as it feels right now?

October 23, 2017, 05:59:52 PM
Reply #2170

sirblue57

Good riddance to both of you ,you don't deserve to watch them if you are so fickle .

Calling any Everton fan fickle is just fucking ridiculous. Look how.long we have put up with sub standard players , managers and chairmen.
Look at how they follow the team in numbers .
And see what they have to fucking endure supporting the team.

And you call them fickle?  They deserve so much more than this. We all do. Enough of the fucking dithering, being "nice". Be fucking ruthless and show ambition. Make a statement of intent. Something like " only the best is good enough"...hmm, why does that sound familiar?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 23, 2017, 06:02:31 PM
Reply #2171

Rhys

The thing is the more I think about it the more I think we won't be that much better off, even with another manager in charge.

Better off, but this season is fucked isn't it?

I reckon we would need about 1.6 points a game from here on in to be with a good chance of finishing 7th. I know it might not sound exciting but that was the most likely finishing position at the start of the season anyway. A new manager in who gets the players working towards something and fully motivated with the crowd behind everyone and that is a possibility. Who knows that might be enough to get into Europe again and even if not it would still be two years of being the team behind the top 6 which would make it a much easier selling point to potential new players about the long term plan than a team who has finished bottom half 3 years out of 4.

And of course the FA Cup.

October 23, 2017, 06:07:54 PM
Reply #2172

Lxxx

I reckon we would need about 1.6 points a game from here on in to be with a good chance of finishing 7th. I know it might not sound exciting but that was the most likely finishing position at the start of the season anyway. A new manager in who gets the players working towards something and fully motivated with the crowd behind everyone and that is a possibility. Who knows that might be enough to get into Europe again and even if not it would still be two years of being the team behind the top 6 which would make it a much easier selling point to potential new players about the long term plan than a team who has finished bottom half 3 years out of 4.

And of course the FA Cup.

No chance of that. We don't score goals. A new manager might tighten us up at the back but he's not going to magic some firepower from anywhere until January, if at all this season.
I'd love to be proved wrong and any new man sets us up 4-4-2 and tells us to get down the flanks to actually try and create something but I still don't see where we're ever going to score more than two goals in any given game, which until we tighten up we need to do to stand a chance of winning a game of football and moving up the league.

October 23, 2017, 06:15:32 PM
Reply #2173

Rhys

No chance of that. We don't score goals. A new manager might tighten us up at the back but he's not going to magic some firepower from anywhere until January, if at all this season.
I'd love to be proved wrong and any new man sets us up 4-4-2 and tells us to get down the flanks to actually try and create something but I still don't see where we're ever going to score more than two goals in any given game, which until we tighten up we need to do to stand a chance of winning a game of football and moving up the league.

But I dont think we need to do that to finish top 7, if we were looking at top 6 then yes. We should be able to be a lot more organised than we are, where the goals are coming from is an issue yes. But at the same time there is no way we should only have 2 players that have scored in the PL so far!

Last 5 seasons points that would be enough to finish 7th.

16/17 - 47
15/16 - 61
14/15 - 57
13/14 - 57
12/13 - 50

I think the top 6 are all of a consistently better level than for a while but the rest there are a lot more poorer teams than there used to be. At the start of the season most people would say we'd finish 7th, but after that it would be hard to make a case consistently for who would finish 8th I bet a lot of different people would pick a different team.

Not saying it would be easy but I do think if we got someone in place now it would be a possibility to go at 1.6 points per game and be around the 55 point mark especially with the hopeful addition of a good forward in January.

October 23, 2017, 06:27:07 PM
Reply #2174

KoemansNumberTens

The poll needs resetting now. It's currently stands at about half wanting rid when I think in reality it's probably 90% plus. It doesn't come close to reflecting current opinion