December 18, 2017, 09:30:54 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 63280 times)

September 11, 2017, 02:47:13 AM
Reply #75

SANA_DR0

Surely he must have a big say in who they're looking at bringing in though?!

im pretty sure we only got Martina due to Koeman, so im pretty sure he has some say.

No one else in any top league(the top 5 eu leagues) would have gave Martina a contract.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 02:53:23 AM
Reply #76

The Analog Kid

im pretty sure we only got Martina due to Koeman, so im pretty sure he has some say.

No one else in any top league(the top 5 eu leagues) would have gave Martina a contract.

Well, there must've been some/a lot of sentiment in him bringing him in. He seemed to think it would paper over the cracks of Coleman missing.

September 11, 2017, 02:56:39 AM
Reply #77

Realist

Well, there must've been some/a lot of sentiment in him bringing him in. He seemed to think it would paper over the cracks of Coleman missing.

That's like Barca buying George Weah's cousin to cover Messi getting injured

September 11, 2017, 02:58:22 AM
Reply #78

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Martina is like a reverse Hibbert. Koeman has took a chance on our defence being solid enough and so far it isn't working

September 11, 2017, 02:59:13 AM
Reply #79

The Analog Kid

That's like Barca buying George Weah's cousin to cover Messi getting injured

But it's actually happening at our club. I'd rather use Holgate

September 11, 2017, 02:59:38 AM
Reply #80

SANA_DR0

yep a lot of sentiment, would have been the third time (that i know of) that Koeman had bought Martina., Holgate and Kenny would have both done a much better job than what Martina has, Must be killing Kenny not to be playing and watching Martina play.,. lol not sure which thread but someone was moaning at Garbutt being paid 30k a week, Wonder how much Martina is on...
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 11, 2017, 03:01:00 AM
Reply #81

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Martina is straight out of the Martinez school of player recruitment.

September 11, 2017, 03:01:49 AM
Reply #82

Realist

But it's actually happening at our club. I'd rather use Holgate

Yes or Kenny, Martina is shit

September 11, 2017, 03:04:36 AM
Reply #83

Realist

yep a lot of sentiment, would have been the third time (that i know of) that Koeman had bought Martina., Holgate and Kenny would have both done a much better job than what Martina has, Must be killing Kenny not to be playing and watching Martina play.,. lol not sure which thread but someone was moaning at Garbutt being paid 30k a week, Wonder how much Martina is on...

Anything over 75 pound a week is too much

September 11, 2017, 03:15:09 AM
Reply #84

Gash

Global Moderator
We took a while last season to get going and for Koeman to get his message across. The first four or five games last season masked that we weren't really playing that well. This season we've made wholesale changes to the squad and it's pretty clear for one reason or another we're having a similar start to last year, made harder by several new players, not just new to Everton but new to the league who are going to take time to adapt. Some might never adapt, I've never liked big overhauls of a squad and the chances of everyone that was signed making an impression are probably quite small.

It's going to take time, certainly more than 4 league games and a couple of Europa ties one of which became part of pre season. Calling for him to be replaced already is fucking stupid.

September 11, 2017, 03:22:20 AM
Reply #85

The Analog Kid

We took a while last season to get going and for Koeman to get his message across. The first four or five games last season masked that we weren't really playing that well. This season we've made wholesale changes to the squad and it's pretty clear for one reason or another we're having a similar start to last year, made harder by several new players, not just new to Everton but new to the league who are going to take time to adapt. Some might never adapt, I've never liked big overhauls of a squad and the chances of everyone that was signed making an impression are probably quite small.

It's going to take time, certainly more than 4 league games and a couple of Europa ties one of which became part of pre season. Calling for him to be replaced already is fucking stupid.

We started well last year, drew the first game then won the next four or five and were second for a bit.

September 11, 2017, 03:24:08 AM
Reply #86

Gash

Global Moderator
We started well last year, drew the first game then won the next four or five and were second for a bit.

Yeah, then went something like 10 games with 1 win, that's why I said our start masked that we weren't playing well.

September 11, 2017, 03:26:17 AM
Reply #87

The Analog Kid

Yeah, then went something like 10 games with 1 win, that's why I said our start masked that we weren't playing well.

True. Second half of the season was better like, especially Christmas/January.

September 11, 2017, 03:27:34 AM
Reply #88

Gash

Global Moderator
True. Second half of the season was better like, especially Christmas/January.

Yeah, that's what I mean, I think we'll come good but with all the changes we've made it's going to take a while to get going.

September 11, 2017, 03:31:40 AM
Reply #89

Ravardo

As i remember it we started really well and then started playing shite longball football which lead us to not winning in x games,,in some of those games we were knocking 50 odd longballs a game as i watched the games twice and counted them even down to if they went to our player or theirs,,some absolute shite football thats when i started to have reservations about koeman