November 18, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55690 times)

September 30, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
Reply #915

Elgoodo1978

The Dutchman was in candid mood on Friday afternoon at Finch Farm says he felt “s**t” after the game but is refusing to wallow in self-pity and remains determined to “make Everton a better team”.
Koeman also continues to dispute the perception that the club....”

Not sure what to make of that, lots of negatives could be interpreted from it, "I like to continue and I like to finish the contract but I am not worried" seems particularly blasé.  Like I really want to have faith in him turning things around for the long term but he may not even be fucked enough to stay that long anyhow.  Whats going on here?  Seems like we've brought in players and coaching staff who have done the hard work, feel they have nothing to prove anyone (arrogantly) and are currently enjoying semi-retirement at Finch farm spa while pondering what publishing deal to sign for their forthcoming life story.

Fuck me this club is getting to me, what am i on about?!

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 02:18:21 AM
Reply #916

Mayor Farnum

Victory tomorrow will take us to eighth, hopefully that will stop the stupid calls for his head.

October 01, 2017, 02:39:02 AM
Reply #917

Faceatthefence

Victory tomorrow will take us to eighth, hopefully that will stop the stupid calls for his head.
Lots of fair level headed posters have come down in both in and out camps with regards to RK,views are far from stupid,but think the 3 points will calm the waters.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 01, 2017, 02:42:23 AM
Reply #918

Mayor Farnum

Lots of fair level headed posters have come down in both in and out camps with regards to RK,views are far from stupid,but think the 3 points will calm the waters.

Sacking a manager seven games into a season after we were quite happy with his performance last year is stupid.

October 01, 2017, 03:00:59 AM
Reply #919

KoemansNumberTens

Do you think he's the best manager we can hope for or even close to that? 8th 18th or 1st his performance and our teams performances have been inept this season

I do think he's entitled to more time I do also think he's absolutely the wrong man for the job.

October 01, 2017, 03:05:28 AM
Reply #920

KoemansNumberTens

Sacking a manager seven games into a season after we were quite happy with his performance last year is stupid.

I think it's the word sack that's the issue. We'd replace a player who we were happy with last season 7 games in. We'd do that even if that player was playing well

It really depends what the alternatives are but does any of us really believe koeman is a great manager, worth his massive contract or the best we can do.

I'm in no rush to sack him but what happens in the next window if he treats himself to another 3 overpriced under paced playmakers who don't make the play and doesn't bother with any pace or width and isn't flexiable on which forward we sign.

Surely the moment you decide he isn't the long term answer and we can do better is the moment you get shut? What's the difference between 7 games and 27 if there's better options out there

October 01, 2017, 03:08:16 AM
Reply #921

Faceatthefence

:laugh:
Di matteo won fa cup and CL at Chelsea and was sacked months later.....football at the top flight is littered with shit like that.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 01, 2017, 03:09:58 AM
Reply #922

Mayor Farnum

Do you think he's the best manager we can hope for or even close to that? 8th 18th or 1st his performance and our teams performances have been inept this season

I do think he's entitled to more time I do also think he's absolutely the wrong man for the job.

Pretty much. The only managers that would come running to us are the likes of Dyche and Howe; equally as big a gamble as Koeman without the attraction of a stellar playing career that may help with recruitment. All managers are gambles and the further down the food chain you are the bigger the gamble is. If we get rid of Koeman we will still be looking at appointing from tier 2/3 of managers. We've given him the job; let's not lose our nerve the first rough spell he has.

People call for his sacking in one breath and suggest we get Anchellotti in the next. And we like to call Newcastle fans deluded!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:11:10 AM by Mayor Farnum »

October 01, 2017, 03:12:53 AM
Reply #923

Mayor Farnum

I think it's the word sack that's the issue. We'd replace a player who we were happy with last season 7 games in. We'd do that even if that player was playing well

It really depends what the alternatives are but does any of us really believe koeman is a great manager, worth his massive contract or the best we can do.

I'm in no rush to sack him but what happens in the next window if he treats himself to another 3 overpriced under paced playmakers who don't make the play and doesn't bother with any pace or width and isn't flexiable on which forward we sign.

Surely the moment you decide he isn't the long term answer and we can do better is the moment you get shut? What's the difference between 7 games and 27 if there's better options out there

So new players get seven games as well now? Farce!

October 01, 2017, 03:19:22 AM
Reply #924

Mayor Farnum

:laugh:Di matteo won fa cup and CL at Chelsea and was sacked months later.....football at the top flight is littered with shit like that.

And the Championship is littered with former Premier League clubs that changed managers every season.

October 01, 2017, 03:20:16 AM
Reply #925

KoemansNumberTens

Pretty much. The only managers that would come running to us are the likes of Dyche and Howe; equally as big a gamble as Koeman without the attraction of a stellar playing career that may help with recruitment. All managers are gambles and the further down the food chain you are the bigger the gamble is. If we get rid of Koeman we will still be looking at appointing from tier 2/3 of managers. We've given him the job; let's not lose our nerve the first rough spell he has.

People call for his sacking in one breath and suggest we get Anchellotti in the next. And we like to call Newcastle fans deluded!

I just don't trust him to sign players. Sack him don't sack him it's not gonna make much of a difference to this season. I do worry about letting him having 2 or 3 more windows though. Our recruitment for the first team as be inept

October 01, 2017, 03:23:16 AM
Reply #926

KoemansNumberTens

So new players get seven games as well now? Farce!

They get none. Unless you're suggesting some of them are gonna morph into a targetman or into pacy wide players

Individually I have my doubts but they are obviously entitled to more time to prove themselves. As a group though in terms of what we needed it was inept

Also In some cases we've bought proven and not good enough. No amount of time is gonna turn back the clock for rooney or make Sigurdsson value for money.

October 01, 2017, 03:25:57 AM
Reply #927

Mayor Farnum

I just don't trust him to sign players. Sack him don't sack him it's not gonna make much of a difference to this season. I do worry about letting him having 2 or 3 more windows though. Our recruitment for the first team as be inept

By no means inept. It has been hit and miss but, again we are not recruiting from the very top by any means. The majority of his big signings have yet to play ten games in the toughest league in Europe. But I would say Bolasie, Pickford, Keane are successes. Sig showed signs on Thursday that he's coming up to speed.

October 01, 2017, 03:28:47 AM
Reply #928

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Evertonians have stumbled across a different form of colour blindness. They can't see any shades of grey

October 01, 2017, 03:30:55 AM
Reply #929

KoemansNumberTens

By no means inept. It has been hit and miss but, again we are not recruiting from the very top by any means. The majority of his big signings have yet to play ten games in the toughest league in Europe. But I would say Bolasie, Pickford, Keane are successes. Sig showed signs on Thursday that he's coming up to speed.

Love bolasie. Pickford has been decent but no more really. Keanes been a bit shit
I think we overpaid for both given 1 had been relegated and the other had 1 year on his contract. Sigurdsson he's a decent player. We paid 45m for him though.
I'm not so much talking about individuals though. They have been anywhere for okay to quite good. The 2 bad 1s sandro and klassen definitely need more time before we judge. I mean more as a whole inept. No pace no width no striker. Rooney klassen and Sigurdsson when 1 would surely have done. Over paid a lot of the time too. In terms of individuals it's been okay. In terms of building a team inept