November 23, 2017, 01:46:55 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57765 times)

October 01, 2017, 03:48:05 AM
Reply #930

Faceatthefence

And the Championship is littered with former Premier League clubs that changed managers every season.
The good ship Everton wont be going down,but the captain needs to focus on the crew.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 04:02:24 AM
Reply #931

Mayor Farnum

Love bolasie. Pickford has been decent but no more really. Keanes been a bit shit
I think we overpaid for both given 1 had been relegated and the other had 1 year on his contract. Sigurdsson he's a decent player. We paid 45m for him though.
I'm not so much talking about individuals though. They have been anywhere for okay to quite good. The 2 bad 1s sandro and klassen definitely need more time before we judge. I mean more as a whole inept. No pace no width no striker. Rooney klassen and Sigurdsson when 1 would surely have done. Over paid a lot of the time too. In terms of individuals it's been okay. In terms of building a team inept

The argument about price is redundant as if you're prepared to pay then that's the price. I'm sure Koeman doesn't control the purse strings.
We need a squad and are getting in the players as and when we can. I don't think Koeman thinks this squad is the finished article at all. But we will need a big squad if we are to compete and have fresh players right to the end of the season to avoid the tail-off we have suffered in the past. And that squad will include three number tens; the only reason they're all being played at the moment is we are lacking a front man and our wingers are not performing or are too young to be relied upon.
Fees have gone crazy, it's proved harder to get out targets and there seems to be a lack of decent strikers we could realistically attract.   

October 01, 2017, 04:23:29 AM
Reply #932

Realist

I think it's the word sack that's the issue. We'd replace a player who we were happy with last season 7 games in. We'd do that even if that player was playing well

It really depends what the alternatives are but does any of us really believe koeman is a great manager, worth his massive contract or the best we can do.

I'm in no rush to sack him but what happens in the next window if he treats himself to another 3 overpriced under paced playmakers who don't make the play and doesn't bother with any pace or width and isn't flexiable on which forward we sign.

Surely the moment you decide he isn't the long term answer and we can do better is the moment you get shut? What's the difference between 7 games and 27 if there's better options out there

Name some better options, I don't like Koeman but who's out there right now who would take the job who's a lot better?

October 01, 2017, 04:26:36 AM
Reply #933

Realist

By no means inept. It has been hit and miss but, again we are not recruiting from the very top by any means. The majority of his big signings have yet to play ten games in the toughest league in Europe. But I would say Bolasie, Pickford, Keane are successes. Sig showed signs on Thursday that he's coming up to speed.

Not at all, Keane is very average, he had one good season at a shit team, what did Bolasie do before he got injured to be labelled a success?

October 01, 2017, 04:34:31 AM
Reply #934

Mayor Farnum

Not at all, Keane is very average, he had one good season at a shit team, what did Bolasie do before he got injured to be labelled a success?

Keane has played six games and look every inch a Premier League player.

Did you see Bolasie play? If so how did you miss his pacy direct running with the ball, crossing ability that brought many goals for Lukaku and his ability to attract defenders away from team mates?

October 01, 2017, 04:47:55 AM
Reply #935

SANA_DR0

Pretty much. The only managers that would come running to us are the likes of Dyche and Howe; equally as big a gamble as Koeman without the attraction of a stellar playing career that may help with recruitment. All managers are gambles and the further down the food chain you are the bigger the gamble is. If we get rid of Koeman we will still be looking at appointing from tier 2/3 of managers. We've given him the job; let's not lose our nerve the first rough spell he has.

People call for his sacking in one breath and suggest we get Anchellotti in the next. And we like to call Newcastle fans deluded!

I've always hated Raphael Beaneathus, but the lulz would be heavy if he somehow came to us.

i know you stated nothing of the sort, but you mentioned Newcastle and managers, I feel he's a much better tactical manager, much better man motivator, and someone who has won titles almost everywhere he has managed. big upgrade on Koeman.. imho. but its never happening..
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 04:53:32 AM
Reply #936

phillyt

Sacking a manager seven games into a season after we were quite happy with his performance last year is stupid.

If it was just results then Iíd agree but the whole demeanour of the man is off, the performance, organisation everything is terrible. Even the victories have been tougher than necessary. By Christmas we will be out of the EL, CC and out of contention for European qualification through the league. I genuinely can not see why you would give any manager this crucial period of time given the nature of his failure so far.
I admired palace for doing what they did with fdb. But if he had got our job last year evertonians would have been saying he needs time even if we were bottom of the championship.

He is failing, he doesnít care about it, he canít turn it round. Get rid now and rescue the season. He will be fucking us off at the end of it anyway.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 01, 2017, 05:07:10 AM
Reply #937

gizzblue

Sacking a manager seven games into a season after we were quite happy with his performance last year is stupid.
Said it before ...his only tactic last year was lump it to lukaku ... everybody is happy when winning ...but comes under scrutiny when the shit hits the fan, what tactics and or anything at all  have you seen this year that make you think he deserves more time do tell
..are we do be out of all competitions and relegated or in the bottom two before he should feel the axe in your eyes?  .
Truly am curious why you have so much feeling for a manager that told lukaku himself he needs to find a better club ,the same manager that has caused upset to countless other players ...shown no guile or awareness since the league started and blames only the players for his continual poor team sheet (square pegs round holes) choice ?.

October 01, 2017, 05:14:17 AM
Reply #938

Realist

Keane has played six games and look every inch a Premier League player.

Did you see Bolasie play? If so how did you miss his pacy direct running with the ball, crossing ability that brought many goals for Lukaku and his ability to attract defenders away from team mates?

I'd certainly hope he'd look like a premiership player - he cost £30m, he's also looked uncomfortable and overpriced
Yes I watched Bolasie play - rating him as a success in an Everton shirt is nonsense

October 01, 2017, 05:50:00 AM
Reply #939

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah people have very rose tinted specs when it comes to Bolassie's short time playing with us.

He had a few great moments. But he was also incredibly inconsistent for a player with his experience and very frustrating with little end product at times.

October 01, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Reply #940

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Prob been mentioned but Koeman is favourite to leave next

October 01, 2017, 08:29:44 AM
Reply #941

gwells

I will give him until Xmas to turn it around. Still in Europa and top 10 in Premier League will suffice until January transfer window. However I am not in favour of big named mangers to take over I think Unsy and Duncan should be given the job and Walsh to remain as Director of Football. Unsay knows the style  we need to play to win, speed and width and will not be afraid to bring in a youngest brightest stars for under performing big names.

October 01, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
Reply #942

plumber

I've always hated Raphael Beaneathus, but the lulz would be heavy if he somehow came to us.

i know you stated nothing of the sort, but you mentioned Newcastle and managers, I feel he's a much better tactical manager, much better man motivator, and someone who has won titles almost everywhere he has managed. big upgrade on Koeman.. imho. but its never happening..

Thank God for that.

October 01, 2017, 03:00:10 PM
Reply #943

bluenuck

Sack him now and "Save our season"????? Lol

So if we keep him we may finish 11th or so? But sack him now and we "save our season" and finish 7th or 8th. Lmao.

Oh, the ambitious.

We have some seriously shit, or past it players, guys. Williams, jags, baines, Rooney. We also have a handful of young players still learning. Davies, holgate, lookman, dcl, kenny.

Patience is a lost attribute.

October 01, 2017, 03:12:21 PM
Reply #944

sam of the south

If he plays a narrow, unenterprising side today, and we play badly, and lose 2-0 or 3-0, would you want him and/or expect him to be sacked?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:13:22 PM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them