November 21, 2017, 07:01:37 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56912 times)

October 01, 2017, 05:20:49 PM
Reply #945

plumber

I wonder if Southampton fans two years ago, before Koeman turned things around and they finished in the highest ever Premier League place with the highest ever Premier League points total, were  reacting in the same way Everton fans are reacting now. Or are we the special breed of bedwetters and crybabies?

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 05:25:48 PM
Reply #946

Realist

I wonder if Southampton fans two years ago, before Koeman turned things around and they finished in the highest ever Premier League place with the highest ever Premier League points total, were  reacting in the same way Everton fans are reacting now. Or are we the special breed of bedwetters and crybabies?

Maybe they were but I think fans have a right to complain with the crap we're watching knowing we've got the 12th most expensive squad in the world

October 01, 2017, 05:30:56 PM
Reply #947

SANA_DR0

that Southampton team played well, they where attacking, fluid, they showed heart and passion, they where determined to do well..

nothing like Koemans Everton.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 05:45:47 PM
Reply #948

plumber

that Southampton team played well, they where attacking, fluid, they showed heart and passion, they where determined to do well..

nothing like Koemans Everton.

That's bullshit.  They were really poor in the first half of the season and were sitting in the bottom half for the reason. There was a spell (from November to January I think) when they lost 8 of 10 games. We are far from that at the moment.

October 01, 2017, 05:52:27 PM
Reply #949

Rodenplav64

That's bullshit.  They were really poor in the first half of the season and were sitting in the bottom half for the reason. There was a spell (from November to January I think) when they lost 8 of 10 games. We are far from that at the moment.

A Martinez Everton smashed them 3-0 in a canter .

October 01, 2017, 05:57:23 PM
Reply #950

Ross

Are all these "spells" acceptable from a top premier league manager?

It's hardly cry arsing not wanting to see that sort of thing continually repeat itself is it.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 01, 2017, 07:16:04 PM
Reply #951

plumber

Are all these "spells" acceptable from a top premier league manager?

It's hardly cry arsing not wanting to see that sort of thing continually repeat itself is it.

Didn't mean to like it  :)

Do you think it's avoidable? Better managers than Koeman and better teams than Everton has bad patches. I'm fine with this unless that patch lasts 2 years.

October 01, 2017, 09:27:00 PM
Reply #952

KingOfNapaValley

First off, Koeman was not in charge of transfers at Southampton. The Director of Football and the scouts were.

Second, that club built primarily from within, with homegrown talent that had been there years before Koeman ever set foot on their training ground, so they were cohesive for reasons other than Ronald. Managers don't really matter at Southampton and regardless of who is in, the club continues on its merry way.

Third, their fans were not expecting or demanding top 4 finishes and thus the executives have time to get the vision and execution right.

Add all that together and you have a fun, positive and successful club.

October 01, 2017, 09:29:23 PM
Reply #953

Zoolander

Ok
This is fucking bereft of quality

October 01, 2017, 09:36:06 PM
Reply #954

phillyt

Bedwetters? For wanting the best out of our club. We are bigger and better than Southampton. I donít give a flying fuck what their reaction was. We should not be satisfying with scraping into the Europa league. We should be aiming to get into the champions league. The players we have brought in there should be a semblance of cohesion. We are offering nothing. If your happy to sit and wait this out sound but Iím not. I had to watch the majority of Everton fans ridicule me saying Martinez had to go from January 2015. Making excuse after excuse for his failures, the assumption we would win the EL and move forward. Donít make the same mistake with koeman because I see absolutely no sign that this is going to improve. We struggled to get a result against Bournemouth, we are losing this another shocking performance. We were battered by a small club from Italy and a mid table team from Cyprus. We should have seen 4 easy wins out of that.
Where to you see the signs of change or improvement? Because I see none.

Itís not bedwetting, itís demanding that someone who is letting us down, failing is sacked before it gets any worse.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 01, 2017, 09:47:06 PM
Reply #955

gizzblue

So wanting better from your club when they are playing like they are now is making us  crybabies 😅😅😅...maybe we have an Accrington Stanley manager but our fans expect better .. .than his constant inept performance .😅😅ffs

October 01, 2017, 09:48:43 PM
Reply #956

KingOfNapaValley

Bedwetters? For wanting the best out of our club. We are bigger and better than Southampton.

We ARE bigger. But in recent history, NOT better, at least not since Southampton joined the PL and not if you make that claim based on actual results.

SEASON...EVERTON...SOUTHAMPTO N
2017.........16.............. ..12
2016..........7.............. ...8
2015.........11.............. ..6
2014.........11.............. ..7
2013.........5............... ...8

AVERAGE...10................8

It is well-understood that Southampton are probably the best run club in England. But no club emulates them because they are not patient enough. Most clubs still believe in the fantasy of the savior-manager. Most clubs' fans think all their problems can be solved in the transfer market. And Southampton just goes along, ignoring myths and making long-term, smart decisions that keep the club upper-mid table year after year.

In my opinion, if we ran our club as smart as Southampton, but with Moshiri money, we would threaten. But it might take 4-5 years. I am patient enough for that. Most fans at most clubs are not.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:54:29 PM by KingOfNapaValley »

October 01, 2017, 10:01:38 PM
Reply #957

Martip

So football is about players, systems and motivation with a sprinkle of confidence. Koeman is unable to find a decent system or motivate players which in turn impacts confidence so it is only worth talking about his signings in terms of impsct/value for money...

Pickford 6/10 - I keep hearing what a great signing he is but I have not seen anything yet to suggest he is a 30m player. Done nothing steks or roubles couldn't do yet
Williams 2/10 - horrible player- so bad it's a joke
Martina 2/10 - as above
Morgan 5/10 - bang average for 28m
Gueye 7/10 - was brilliant last year but dropped off this
Dcl 5/10 - shows promise but lacks finishing touch
Sig 3/10 - I'm sure will improve but embarrasing paying 45m for what he brings to the table
Lookman 3/10 - showed glimpses but can't get into a terrible team which says it all
Keane 4/10 - better than williams but not justifying his price tag yet
Vlasic 6/10 - early days but looks half devent
Bolasie 5/10 - was well overpriced at the time and often flatters to deceive
Valencia 4/10 - bang average
Rooney 4/10 - if he d have watched him for utd he d have known he was past it
Sandro 2/10 - shown nowt

Not great is it ?

Watching the last few games has also  shown me that any team no matter how little talent they hold have a chance against us if they play with any form of gameplan/discipline.

We are horrible to watch and have virtually no good players these days despite wasting all that money. Imo we are worse than under martinez and he needs to get the boot so we can at least try and get someone in who can motivate the team before we find ourselves deep in a relegation scrap.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:07:11 PM by Martip »

October 01, 2017, 10:09:04 PM
Reply #958

Tinga

Dreadful.

October 01, 2017, 10:09:24 PM
Reply #959

griff969

This is getting serious now. if you cannot score, or even create chances, then you cannot win football matches.

For all the supposed 'talent' we have we are just so poor.

It's a long time until January too, and even then who would want to join us in our current state?
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence