November 18, 2018, 12:13:59 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 108397 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Read 108397 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Let me first say I absolutely don't think we should. But I'm curious to see what the mood on here is like.

September 11, 2017, 03:01:00 AM
Reply #1

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Martina is straight out of the Martinez school of player recruitment.

September 11, 2017, 03:37:53 AM
Reply #2

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Thing I like about Koeman is it feels like we have more games where we confortably win by 2 or 3 (mostly 2) goal margins than we ever got with any other manager since the 80s. Makes watching us a far more relaxing exercise.

September 11, 2017, 04:25:26 AM
Reply #3

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

???? do you mean when we had Lukaku?

no other striker we get to replace him will do what he did, especially with Koeman in charge.

Well maybe, but we had 3 seasons before Koeman with Lukaku and we didn't win shit.

September 11, 2017, 04:36:27 AM
Reply #4

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
okay. but that makes no sense in regards to your previous post, where you said. Koeman makes you feel more relaxed cos we used to win games more than 2-0

i replied saying we won 2-0 and + due to lukakus goals... what does winning shit have to do with that??

The logic of my argument is impeccable, you're just not apparently sharp enough at this time of night to follow it.

Try again, and if you still don't get it, I'll explain.

September 11, 2017, 04:38:02 AM
Reply #5

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bit like tossing a flare into a box full of cats and closing the lid..

I'm gonna go with.. it's not something anyone here has the power to do, so "should" doesn't come into it. If we're gonna "should" our problems away, we "should" buy Kane, Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez..

Bored.

You're right. We need another number 10.

September 11, 2017, 04:44:24 AM
Reply #6

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.

September 13, 2017, 05:43:16 AM
Reply #7

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
i posted the stats from the premier league site the other day, its 7 on target in 4 games.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/7/Everton/stats

you have to set the filter box to this season.

Attack
Goals 2
Goals Per Match 0.50
Shots 35
Shots On Target 7
Shooting Accuracy % 20%
Penalties Scored 0
Big Chances Created 3
Hit Woodwork 0
Team Play
Passes 1,699
Passes Per Match 424.75
Pass Accuracy % 78%
Crosses 69
Cross Accuracy % 30%

35 not on target from 4 games doesn't sound quite as bad though (although it's still not great).

The exceptionally low number of shots on target says as much about Sandro's tendency to panic and snatch at his shots, as it does about our ability to fashion any decent chances in a game.

September 13, 2017, 03:42:19 PM
Reply #8

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
You can try and spin it but 7 shots on the opposition goal in 4 games is pretty poor. Burnley caused Spurs and Chelsea more problems and we play them in a few weeks. It's not the results that everyone is concerned about, it's the performances.

I'm not defending the performances, Spurs and Chelsea were utter shite (people do seem to be airbrushing the City game out of memory though, where we did well for most of the first half). But with statistics in football, it's all spin.

September 13, 2017, 04:20:13 PM
Reply #9

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Doing well for most of one half is about all we can muster these days though. I'm not too sure it's to be applauded when we were abysmal in the second half of the same game against 10 men.

Again, no applauding from me. Just another counterpoint to the doommongers who reject any narrative that doesn't say everything has gone to shit.

September 16, 2017, 02:23:51 PM
Reply #10

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with that. Makes it all the more baffling we didn't sign a player who could cover/replace both Jags and Baines. I know he said we were trying but obviously somewhere along the line we failed to do it. Shame really, the start of the window was so promising.

So we should've had 9 new players in the first team instead of 7?

I think some people are misunderstanding the reasons why our season has started so poorly.

September 17, 2017, 05:38:43 AM
Reply #11

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think you are from the sound of it.

You don't think it's anything to do with the wholesale changes to the first team?

When in the history of club football has that led to instant success?

It's not the only issue but it's a massive and underappreciated one. Changing Jags and Baines as well is the last thing that would've helped the situation. 

September 29, 2017, 12:57:46 PM
Reply #12

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Sig showed glimpses of what he can do in a more central role in the second half yesterday.

People writing him off based off the first few games of this season, given his track record, are idiots.

September 29, 2017, 01:05:32 PM
Reply #13

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Let's not forget, Moyes managed several successful seasons without anyone decent up front.

Obviously in an ideal world we would have replaced Lukaku with somone of similar quality, but with Rooney, Sandro, Vlasic, Niasse and DCL to choose from, it doesn't have to mean our season is a write off.

It'll take time though for Koeman and the players to figure out the right tactics given the squad we have and unfortunately fans these days aren't in the business of giving anyone time.

September 29, 2017, 01:43:20 PM
Reply #14

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
How much time do you need to show progress or beginnings of a direction and system.

Good question. Honestly if we look at the history of clubs like Spurs when they've massively overhauled their squad after losing their star player, then unfortunately we shouldn't expect much at all from the first half of this season, maybe all of it.