August 26, 2019, 04:02:20 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 131531 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
Read 131531 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Worms.Can of.Opened

Now let's get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

Oh yeah. Not at the moment. He needs til January
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 16, 2017, 04:17:49 PM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Why is unsworth nonsense. He'd be unproven but that doesn't mean he couldn't do a great job.

People seem obsessed with proven (players and managers) but the reality is what we can attract of proven quality is a Sigurdsson for 45m or a koeman on 150k a week. I'd sooner take more risks with more potential rewards
It's all very well saying unsworth should go elsewhere first but then we might never get another chance. I'm not saying he's the right man but it's not nonsense to suggest he might be

There is a massive difference from learning your trade by being coach of an U23 side to taking on the main role at a big PL club. It would be like me being given the Headship of my school after being a form tutor. Unsworth, he has an ambition to be a PL manager, needs to be looking to move on and manage a lower league club in the next year or 18 months to really earn his stripes

September 16, 2017, 05:16:13 PM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Not at all . If your school is well run from the bottom up you should be able to take over the reins . We are a well run club with funds at our disposal , a good academy and a new stadium on the way . He knows the club and it wouldn't really be out of the question for him to maintain 7th without too much effort on his part . I don't want rid of Koeman just yet but where as everyone thought Martinez was ruining our club Koemans pig headed attitude just might . He had a slow start at Southampton and got them to 7th so he could well do the same this season . This is a failure as the expectation is so much higher . More so if he fails in 3 cups as well . As ever it will all come out in the wash but if Koeman goes then Unsworth would make sense till the end of the season at least .

Your response to my school analogy shows why we as fans should not make decisions about internal club business. There's is much more to the roles than just presiding over something that is well run.

So hypothetical we give the job to Unsworth. How does the fact that the rest of the club is well run has no bearing on performances on the pitch or his inexperience of dealing with pressure situations at either end of the table. People like to use the Norwich game as a barometer for what he could achieve. Things need to be taken into a bit of perspective. The gloom of the end of the Martinez era had been lifted, there was nothing to lose, Norwich were already relegated. If things started to go wrong would people give him a bit too long to sort things out as he is a blue? Or would they become more vitriolic towards him for the same reason?

He may (and I hope he does) become a really good manager. But hand on heart would you honestly want to entrust the future of the football club to someone who has no actual experience of being a manager? I wouldn't

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:27:50 PM by Brownie20 »

September 16, 2017, 06:47:56 PM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Hand on heart no but I was on about till the end of the season if Koeman went . I actually would sooner see Koeman achieve something but I just don't see it happening . The last game of the season after the toxicity of roberto is no barometer . To use the anology Unsworth would hardly be going from Teaching Assistant to Headmaster would he . Apparently there is so little at our club that Koeman is responsible for in any case .

I used Form Tutor, not Teaching Assistant. Totally different roles

September 30, 2017, 01:15:35 AM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Re : unsworth

Must be managing one of the most well funded U23 squads in his league in what we all must agree is a bumper period for scouse products also.

He's done literally nothing, he needs to go and manage a team and achieve something before he's even considered.

I like the man I really do but I can't get my head around wanting to promote a relative amateur. How does that marry with the idea of wanting to act like a big club?

Said this in another thread. He needs to experience proper management

October 02, 2017, 04:52:23 PM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
908=
Maybe we should? hes basically given the major reason why were floundering so much, clearly this is something our current Director of Football failed to identify.

He didn't think it all up himself though did he? And he's about six weeks behind everyone else on here saying it. He's about as insightful as a Phil Neville through ball

October 08, 2017, 09:44:40 PM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I know itís hilarious to think of Everton doing well in cup competitions isnít it.

Hilarious.

If you don't win them it matters fuck all how far you got

October 08, 2017, 10:17:21 PM
Reply #7

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah much better to go out as soon as possible so we can kill all hope of winning something for a change.

I've played in three cup finals. Won one, lost two and I'd rather had gone out early than suffer the heartache of losing in a final

October 08, 2017, 10:30:00 PM
Reply #8

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Hell of a lucky run Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are on. Must rub off on the league results as well.

And what do those clubs have in common?

October 08, 2017, 10:55:48 PM
Reply #9

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Luck.

Apparently.

No, they are consistently in the top echelons of the league, are used to winning and for the most part have squad depths that eclipse other teams. You know very well the comment on luck referred to the luck of the draw which for teams like us, in our current incarnation, is crucial to getting anywhere near winning a trophy. Look what happened when we came up against our first real tests in those cup runs - ended

October 13, 2017, 01:58:10 AM
Reply #10

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney player/manager.

Nailed on someone will start that rumour

October 15, 2017, 02:37:26 AM
Reply #11

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

October 17, 2017, 03:23:21 PM
Reply #12

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

October 17, 2017, 03:29:59 PM
Reply #13

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Ram posted that link yesterday morning but thanks for coming anyway :snigger:
P.S. I'd have him !

My apologies. Haven't been in any of the Koeman threads. Thought it might be better to have a thread for an actual name being linked. Mods move if you see fit

October 22, 2017, 06:09:03 AM
Reply #14

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber