August 26, 2019, 05:06:40 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 131537 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:20:03 PM
Read 131537 times

Shogun

Administrator
I never claimed to be a saint

September 10, 2017, 08:37:47 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
Why not.

Give us something interesting for a few weeks.

De Boer should be available soon

September 13, 2017, 05:41:11 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Far too early to vindicate the hysteria some are showing.

I'm not a fan of Ronald Koeman but it's four matches into the premier league season and we've got four points.

However, I don't subscribe to the excuse of "We've played Chelsea and Spurs, what do you expect?" because neither of those two have had to get out of first gear to beat us. That's exactly what I hate most about Everton. So often we go against these teams who are only the next step up and we look, and normally set up like a league two team. I wanted to see our attitude, performance and results take a significant jump against those teams this season and Koeman is falling well short so far.

He still has time to put that right though and he has two massive targets for me this season.

1 - He simply has to improve our performances against those above us. Yes, we might not have the players to match them but they're the next step. Tottenham forced their way into the mix under Pochettino and that was after replacing Bale with an array of sub-standard players so it can be done and really, there's plenty of scope to improve in that regard.

2 - We have to make the SF of a cup. Ordinarily I'd say a trophy but sometimes luck goes against you or you run into better teams. That isn't what happened last season though and  losing to Sunderland and Leciester at home to exit the cups is nowhere near good enough for a club in our position. We've got three shots at Silverware this season and there's no excuses for any of our players considering most have played in European competition. If we repeat last year, finish 7th (or less) and go out in like the round of 16 in Europe, that's not good enough.

He did enough last season because expectations were low. He got us back into 7th with the 7th best team in the league and he got the players fit and professional again. The expectations have to be a lot bigger now because we've been stagnant in this league for the best part of a decade and we seem to make zero progress into breaking into the top tier of the league.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:45:39 AM by Shogun »

September 16, 2017, 05:29:06 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator

September 18, 2017, 12:32:33 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
One of the issues with the DoF role is the blurring of responsibilities and accountability.

But then, it doesn't take a genius to work out who signed Cuco Martina and Ashley Williams.

September 18, 2017, 12:35:34 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Cuco was alright.

Williams is terrible. Him alongside Jags and Keane is just a disaster like, three absolute cloggers.

Problem with Martina is he's alright in one position, RWB.

He's horrendous in a back four.

September 29, 2017, 03:57:25 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah get him out whilst we've still got a chance in this group.

Attacking football my arse.

September 29, 2017, 04:08:03 AM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Give Unsworth a short period of time to see if he can rise to the challenge.

Considering the arguments that people have against him then if he is out of his depth, it should become obvious quite quickly.

We aren't attractive enough to get Tuchel or Ancellotti and all the other managers seem undesirable at the moment.

September 29, 2017, 04:19:34 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
Imagine he got sacked and Barkley signed a new contract

October 02, 2017, 05:12:30 AM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Unfortunately we're going to wait until we're out of all the important stuff.

We might get something at Brighton in a couple of weeks in the league. We'll then draw with Lyon at home, lose to Arsenal at home, get knocked out of the league cup at Chelsea and then we'll get battered by Lyon in France and he'll get sacked.

October 02, 2017, 06:06:07 AM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
There's no sure-thing test to prove whether a potential manager is good enough or not, just as there isn't for a player.

Ross Barkley was shite at Leeds on loan but it doesn't mean he wasn't going to make it as a Premier League player.
Tom Davies didn't even go out on loan but took his chance and proved he was Premier League quality.

We have the opportunity to give Unsworth that platform to see if he's good enough and he couldn't have done anything more in his current position to earn that chance.

Of course Ancellotti or Tuchel should be priority but it's also unlikely.

If Unsworth fails (and it's very unlikely he'd be so disastrous we ended up relegated) then hold off until the end of the season when other managers are available.

October 07, 2017, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
Difference is that we're not at the start of the Koeman reign. We're approaching halfway through his contract.

October 08, 2017, 04:19:18 PM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
Yeah he'll get sacked when we get destroyed 4-0 in Lyon in November.

October 08, 2017, 10:35:59 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
Hell of a lucky run Utd, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs are on. Must rub off on the league results as well.

Shame it didn't for us

October 12, 2017, 03:53:56 AM
Reply #14

Shogun

Administrator
People wanting Benitez

Go and tell me the last club he actually got to finish higher in the league compared to the season before he got there.

I'll wait.