August 24, 2019, 07:01:49 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 131346 times)

September 10, 2017, 08:55:11 PM
Read 131346 times

KoemansNumberTens

No did quite well last season (and as well as possible in the league) and it's very early doors this season.
Do I rate him?? Not especially past the basics. Do I think he's made the right signings for a balanced squad?? Absolutely not. Is he a good man manager?? Probably not.
He's entitled to fail though before he gets the sack. I think at best we'll plod on in 7th under him without the flair, ideas or even risk taking needed to even go any higher. I don't think he's the right man but the board obviously did and until he actually fails he should stay. Well unless Simeone bangs on our door demanding the job

September 10, 2017, 11:05:26 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Look,most of us were queing up to give him a nosh after the speed in which new stock were seemingly rolling in everyday.They are all his signings so were led to believe,and in reality who would he be able to attract other than the calibre weve brought in.We may have new found wealth but no CL and big names exiting tell you all you need to know about were we stand on a european stage.
There are many bigger teams playing in La Liga,SerieA and Bundersliga that have much more attraction than us,lets hope the next level of player can be attracted here if ronald gets his act together and blends a proper purposeful system out of what weve got

Wingers and strikers aren't all elite players. We aren't in a position where we can't attract these players but can have our pick of paceless number 10s

September 10, 2017, 11:35:44 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

thats not what Koeman stated in the pre spurs press conference, he said  choices a and b had gone, he was left with choices c,d and e, but wasnt willing to pay the money..

but that stoke striker was cheap, the french dude who hudderfield bought (Mounie)  was also under 15 million. if he was looking at Deeney as one of the choices between c and e, he's messed up, i expect better than that from Koeman, hell Moyes scouting unearthed some gems, i expect someone with world class pedigree and world class contacts to atleast unearth someone who could be useful for us.. especially having Walsh there to help.

The impression I get is that he's just not flexible enough. No striker because a couple didn't come off, the massive Sigurdsson saga which ended in us paying a ridiculous fee. I don't think Walsh has free reign and has failed. I think he gets very little say when it comes to the bigger buys and I think A koeman isn't overly flexiable and B is choices are often a bit shit anyway

September 10, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Fuck me, he's had 1 good game and you're talking like it's a massive missed opportunity.

Deeney is a mid table player at best.

But that's better than the strikers we have. We'd like a top 6 striker but we first and foremost need to improve on what we have

September 13, 2017, 02:58:01 AM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

After Sunday's game, we'll have played the four best teams in the Premier and the three best, away

A win and a draw would have been predicted at the start of the season and we have the four points - mission accomplished

The four qualifying Europa games? We've qualified and made the group stage - mission accomplished

It is the following four successive games at Goodison that Koeman & Co are under pressure for improved (winning)form - judgement reserved

People aren't talking about the results though. They are talking about some pretty shambolic displays

If I got beat by Usain bolt in the 100 it would be expected. If my legs fell off after 50 metres they'd be a bigger issue going forwards to my race against Stephen Hawking

September 13, 2017, 03:29:28 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

As originally quoted above

"improved form" (have we got the legs or will the wheels fall off?)

And results count

I'm not sure results count if your argument is we weren't expected to get much and haven't.

September 13, 2017, 05:01:42 AM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone know how many shots we've had in target?

People were saying 6 after 3 games and I believe we had 1 against Spurs. 7 after 4??

There were comments on twitter after 3 games that 2 or 3 Liverpool players had had more individually than we had as a team

Of course playing hard teams hasn't helped but we were pretty shite against an average stoke team and pretty shite in the Europa league too. The evidence suggests we've just been pretty shite rather than we've come up against better teams

September 13, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone who thought we'd hit the ground running with half a new squad, injuries to key players and Barkley in limbo wants to have a look at themselves.

Or start a thread like this.

Is anyone actually saying that? Think people are saying we had no chance of hitting the ground running because there's numerous problems that haven't been addressed

September 13, 2017, 09:58:59 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

It should go without saying that this is the hardest start we have ever had to a Premier League season. By far. We all know that the result and performance against Spurs was atrocious, and there are concerns about having no proper striker and a massive lack of pace.

But we have done what we probably would have expected out of some of the toughest games we will face.

If i said that we would get the following results before the season kicked off, you probably would have accepted it:

Stoke H - Win
City A - Loss
Chelsea A - Loss
Spurs H - Draw

So really it makes little difference to our overall season that we came away with a bonus point at City and got spanked against Spurs. It very well could have been the other way round, and we wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it.

United is another tough game for us, and I would expect another loss on the board. But the season really gets started after this, when we can look to pick up a bunch of wins in a row.

We also have a team that have barely played together, and have just played the favourites, champions, and second placed team from last year. Be realistic and understand that this project will take time.

You're making something that isn't the issue the issue though. No one is complaining about results. They are complaining about the performances and suggesting it's to do with a lack of balance, a lack of pace, a lack of width, a lack of a striker

If I'd of said we wouldn't sign a striker, we won't sign any attacking pace, we won't sign decent cover for Coleman... we will sign Sigurdsson instead for 45m. People firstly would have laughed and then said if it was the case wed be in for a long slog in terms of creating chances

The performances so far aren't what have people worried. It's the huge holes in our team that can't be fixed by them playing a few more games together

September 14, 2017, 01:26:51 AM
Reply #9

KoemansNumberTens

This thread is almost as embarrassing as the one suggesting DCL was 'our Harry Kane'. After this weekend we will have played 4 of the toughest teams in the division, the team is made up of new players, and will take time to gel. Poor form NSNO forum.

You expect them to get faster? To play with more natural width? For a targetman to reveal where he's been hiding since he signed?

Sometimes time isn't the issue. Sometimes it just won't gel because of a lack of balance

Also why is it embarrassing. Next to no one thinks he should be sacked

September 14, 2017, 03:12:58 AM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

There is the possibility that we're just not playing well.

It's just that it's the start of the season therefore more noticeable.

Of course. There's a possibility this 3 10s thing is the new face of football. Pace and strikers might be overrated.

September 14, 2017, 03:25:01 AM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

They've played together once so I doubt that's been the general cause.

No it's not so much them but a lack of any genuine pace, width or even a focal point. We opted for all the 10s instead of these things or at least that's how we ended up
They aren't so much the problem but the solution would lead to some of them not getting in the team. Bolasie, lookman, Lennon, DCL. Might not work either because there's big question marks against all of these but least they'd bring some balance

September 15, 2017, 04:28:59 AM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Something is seriously wrong.  Good players don't become  incompetent when they come to Everton...for example Sig is a proven quality player.   Despite what some here are saying, we haven't bought 100m worth of duds.   However teams like WBA and Stoke, who have spent much less, are playing better than us..

The problem is that RK is not getting performances from the players...so the buck stops with the manager...
I don't believe he has a plan and I don't think he really 'gets' Everton

Is Sigurdsson proven quality? He's a playmaker with open play stats similar to gareth Barry. I don't think he's proven anything. He took all the set plays for a team set up to be good at set plays and they scored 4 or 5 more than we did from ours. I think he's proven average with good corners. I might be being generous too. His playmaking skills were on a par with our defensive midfielder we let go on a free. Horrendous signing. It's literally like we only saw how many fantasy football points he got

September 15, 2017, 05:08:49 AM
Reply #13

KoemansNumberTens

I wonder what Ranieri would do with our squad, be great to pair him up with Walsh again :D

God help us.

September 15, 2017, 05:12:58 AM
Reply #14

KoemansNumberTens

Come on lads, lets stop all this Moyes and Unsworth nonsense.

Why is unsworth nonsense. He'd be unproven but that doesn't mean he couldn't do a great job.

People seem obsessed with proven (players and managers) but the reality is what we can attract of proven quality is a Sigurdsson for 45m or a koeman on 150k a week. I'd sooner take more risks with more potential rewards
It's all very well saying unsworth should go elsewhere first but then we might never get another chance. I'm not saying he's the right man but it's not nonsense to suggest he might be