October 18, 2017, 09:36:25 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 36942 times)

September 10, 2017, 11:05:26 PM
Reply #30

KoemansNumberTens

Look,most of us were queing up to give him a nosh after the speed in which new stock were seemingly rolling in everyday.They are all his signings so were led to believe,and in reality who would he be able to attract other than the calibre weve brought in.We may have new found wealth but no CL and big names exiting tell you all you need to know about were we stand on a european stage.
There are many bigger teams playing in La Liga,SerieA and Bundersliga that have much more attraction than us,lets hope the next level of player can be attracted here if ronald gets his act together and blends a proper purposeful system out of what weve got

Wingers and strikers aren't all elite players. We aren't in a position where we can't attract these players but can have our pick of paceless number 10s

deCoubertin

September 10, 2017, 11:06:30 PM
Reply #31

blue slug

Got to give him the season with the money he's spent on players he wants for his team/system

September 10, 2017, 11:11:44 PM
Reply #32

Faceatthefence

you dont need wealth to bring in a striker, we could have got that dude with the weird name who scored 2 past man utd for stoke,, he was in the reserves for his bundesliga side..

Koeman had no plan b to Giroud. it falls on the manager, there are countless strikers who came to the premier league this year, we could have easily got anyone of them who signed for any of the teams that finished below us last year, instead Koeman waited and dithered, and nothing happened, even tho he said numerous times thats the most important position,

ontop of that, the only striker we have who can do that role (DCL) Koeman doesnt want to play, instead he would rather have 4 number 10 like players who dont even get in the box, as evident in yesterdays mauling.
Its more the likelihood that the men behind him failed in negotiations for one reason or another not koeman,he did ask and quite publically too so what the truth is i clearly dont know.It smacks of desperation to bring niasse back into the fold,but to swallow pride like that as you stated theres got to be misinformation  somewhere along the line
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

September 10, 2017, 11:23:48 PM
Reply #33

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What the fuck?

September 10, 2017, 11:28:29 PM
Reply #34

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 10, 2017, 11:29:02 PM
Reply #35

Faceatthefence

Wingers and strikers aren't all elite players. We aren't in a position where we can't attract these players but can have our pick of paceless number 10s
The midfield cluttering is an headscratcher but weve got wingers on the books,ok bolasie is months off but he seems reluctant to give them a go.Personally i thought the striker he wanted was placed in the targetman pigeonhole,ie benteke,giroud and babacar,that suggests  he wanted to mix play up.....its just not come off.

September 10, 2017, 11:29:10 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

Its more the likelihood that the men behind him failed in negotiations for one reason or another not koeman,he did ask and quite publically too so what the truth is i clearly dont know.It smacks of desperation to bring niasse back into the fold,but to swallow pride like that as you stated theres got to be misinformation  somewhere along the line

thats not what Koeman stated in the pre spurs press conference, he said  choices a and b had gone, he was left with choices c,d and e, but wasnt willing to pay the money..

but that stoke striker was cheap, the french dude who hudderfield bought (Mounie)  was also under 15 million. if he was looking at Deeney as one of the choices between c and e, he's messed up, i expect better than that from Koeman, hell Moyes scouting unearthed some gems, i expect someone with world class pedigree and world class contacts to atleast unearth someone who could be useful for us.. especially having Walsh there to help.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 10, 2017, 11:35:44 PM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

thats not what Koeman stated in the pre spurs press conference, he said  choices a and b had gone, he was left with choices c,d and e, but wasnt willing to pay the money..

but that stoke striker was cheap, the french dude who hudderfield bought (Mounie)  was also under 15 million. if he was looking at Deeney as one of the choices between c and e, he's messed up, i expect better than that from Koeman, hell Moyes scouting unearthed some gems, i expect someone with world class pedigree and world class contacts to atleast unearth someone who could be useful for us.. especially having Walsh there to help.

The impression I get is that he's just not flexible enough. No striker because a couple didn't come off, the massive Sigurdsson saga which ended in us paying a ridiculous fee. I don't think Walsh has free reign and has failed. I think he gets very little say when it comes to the bigger buys and I think A koeman isn't overly flexiable and B is choices are often a bit shit anyway

September 10, 2017, 11:38:31 PM
Reply #38

Faceatthefence

If as your saying we just needed someone,anybody in,i reckon if deeney had of been signed that would have paved the way for a 200 page yarn titled FFS Deeney....but yes the fall out will roll on.

September 10, 2017, 11:38:35 PM
Reply #39

BlueBeagle

the french dude who hudderfield bought (Mounie)  was also under 15 million

Fuck me, he's had 1 good game and you're talking like it's a massive missed opportunity.

Deeney is a mid table player at best.

September 10, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

Fuck me, he's had 1 good game and you're talking like it's a massive missed opportunity.

But that's better than the strikers we have. We'd like a top 6 striker but we first and foremost need to improve on what we have

September 10, 2017, 11:44:05 PM
Reply #41

SANA_DR0

LOL WHUT?

no i didnt state he was a 'massive missed opportunity' re read what i wrote,

i said koeman said he was after 5 strikers. the first 2 he missed out on. the other three(where i hypothesized that Deeney was one of them) due to prices that Koeman didnt want to pay.

then i mentioned 2 CHEAP strikers that Koeman could have bought, im not saying their excellent or world beaters, but equally as good as Deeney who would have cost 3 times as much as the 2 i mentioned..

please read what i wrote, before you start saying Deeney is mid table at best ( i agree he is)

that wasnt my point. my point was. Koeman lost out on target 1 and 2, he didnt pay for targets 3-5 due to market prices.

regardless we still need a striker.. hence why i mentioned Mounie and The stoke striker.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:45:48 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 10, 2017, 11:54:40 PM
Reply #42

bacon sarnie

See what he does v Man United. Don't want to do anything drastic. Maybe he'll don kit and replace Williams.

September 10, 2017, 11:54:45 PM
Reply #43

arteta4spain

I'm opening a massive can of worms but if he does go before the end of the season do you reckon Barkley will sign an extension?
(Awaits the fume) 🤦‍♂️

September 10, 2017, 11:58:30 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Our next big test as a club is the striker we buy. That will tell us a great deal about where we are and how ambitious we are I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.