December 11, 2017, 08:13:49 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 61761 times)

September 11, 2017, 12:02:11 AM
Reply #45

SANA_DR0

Our next big test as a club is the striker we buy. That will tell us a great deal about where we are and how ambitious we are I think.

i'm not sure Koeman would know how to utilize him and also, what kind of striker will we be able to attract if we're in the bottom 5 come  January? even if we're in the bottom half... we would be so far off from where we where at the start of this season., as i said in the other thread, seems like with Koeman in charge for the season, it will be a wasted season.

Saw from yesterday he had a very difficult time to motivate the players.. how the fuck can you not motivate an everton player.. even Martinez could do that!!!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 12:04:37 AM
Reply #46

sam of the south

I'm opening a massive can of worms but if he does go before the end of the season do you reckon Barkley will sign an extension?
(Awaits the fume) 🤦‍♂️

I would make that exchange in a heartbeat, if it meant we also got a hipster manager in as well (Tuchel, Favre, whatever)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 11, 2017, 12:11:08 AM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

i'm not sure Koeman would know how to utilize him and also, what kind of striker will we be able to attract if we're in the bottom 5 come  January? even if we're in the bottom half... we would be so far off from where we where at the start of this season., as i said in the other thread, seems like with Koeman in charge for the season, it will be a wasted season.

Saw from yesterday he had a very difficult time to motivate the players.. how the fuck can you not motivate an everton player.. even Martinez could do that!!!

He got how many goals out Lukaku last year?

Worry about that if it looks anything like happening. We've been shit and still won against the apparently mighty Stoke I've been hearing would all walk into our first 11, drew against City when we should have won if it wasn't for an individual error, and we're into the next round of Europe.

OK I'm not confident for the game against United but every team in the league would likely struggle with our opening games, let's just see what happens when the training wheels come off and these players are used to one another and have a chance to get on the ball a little more.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 11, 2017, 12:11:16 AM
Reply #48

Realist

I'm opening a massive can of worms but if he does go before the end of the season do you reckon Barkley will sign an extension?
(Awaits the fume) 🤦‍♂️

No - Barkley will already be gone

September 11, 2017, 12:11:27 AM
Reply #49

Ravardo

Im in the untill xmas camp because if we go the whole season we could be in big trouble,,as much as we need a striker its no good if we cant create chances for them to score which seems to be another problem of ours at the mo... last season we we're 5th in the league for chances created and finished 7th,,, i dont see us creating anywhere near as many chances this season and what chances we will create we dont have 25 goals a season striker to put them away,,we could be well and truely fucked come xmas....i hope im wrong

September 11, 2017, 12:20:37 AM
Reply #50

arteta4spain

No - Barkley will already be gone
You really are a bundle of joy aren't you. My mates say I can be a pessimistic Blue but you scream of nihilism with your posts. You're getting boring now.
i did just write an epic post to throw back at you but tbh that's what you want, a reaction. All you are is a fucking wum.

September 11, 2017, 12:24:04 AM
Reply #51

duncandisorderly

Give him the season. Then, providing we finish around 7th place again, give him another season and let him see out his deal without paying him off and then move on. If the unthinkable happens and we are around the bottom 3 by Christmas I would seriously consider getting rid. But yeah it's far too early to be talking about the sack.

September 11, 2017, 12:25:09 AM
Reply #52

Realist

You really are a bundle of joy aren't you. My mates say I can be a pessimistic Blue but you scream of nihilism with your posts. You're getting boring now.
i did just write an epic post to throw back at you but tbh that's what you want, a reaction. All you are is a fucking wum.

The reply was epic in your own mind only. I don't want a reaction, I'm stating a fact it's pretty clear to see that Barkley is signing for Spurs in January & Koeman will definitely still be here then.

September 11, 2017, 12:29:37 AM
Reply #53

SANA_DR0

He got how many goals out Lukaku last year?

Lukaku was a striker, a class striker, Koeman never played to Lukakus strengths, imagine how much Lukaku could have got with us

Worry about that if it looks anything like happening. We've been shit and still won against the apparently mighty Stokewe scored before half time, then Koeman made 2 subs at half time, that helped us control the game, but in reality, we should have started with those players.. so koeman shoul have learned from that error I've been hearing would all walk into our first 11 lol maybe a CB and a striker.. i guess what posters are saying is, stoke look fluid and cohesive with a game plan, i think we will struggle to create the amount of chances Stoke did v Man utd.. and thats down to Koeman and his style of play, drew against City when we should have won if it wasn't for an individual error,again the error came because Koeman made the wrong subs, up until the subs we where doing well, soon as we brought on defenders for attacking players, we could no longer keep the ball in the opposition half, thus the Man City forcing an error from our player due to constant pressure.. that same pressure was seen v Chelsea and against Spurs.. its the tactics and our lack of style of play and we're into the next round of Europe. its a success to be outplayed out possessed against a part time team in 2 legs and against split?   If the earlyier rounds are to base anything off, we wont get out the group stages unless Koeman gets his fingers out his Danke.
(i know that dont make sense,, but i liked that sponsor and i like saying thank you)
OK I'm not confident for the game against United but every team in the league would likely struggle with our opening games, let's just see what happens when the training wheels come off and these players are used to one another and have a chance to get on the ball a little more.

Stoke did not struggle yesterday, and we beat stoke!!!  we wont create half as many chances as Stoke,  V man utd

im basing what ive stated off of how we have played as a team.. im not on about opposition (we have played against great teams and shit teams) in non of those matches have we controlled the tempo,. controlled hte play or kept possession like a top rated top 40 team should.

by the time most take the blue tinted glasses off, it will be too late.. i admit i got that with Martinez, it wasnt til towards the end of his third season i wanted him to go..
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 11, 2017, 12:30:24 AM
Reply #54

arteta4spain

Im in the untill xmas camp because if we go the whole season we could be in big trouble,,as much as we need a striker its no good if we cant create chances for them to score which seems to be another problem of ours at the mo... last season we we're 5th in the league for chances created and finished 7th,,, i dont see us creating anywhere near as many chances this season and what chances we will create we dont have 25 goals a season striker to put them away,,we could be well and truely fucked come xmas....i hope im wrong
That's the madness of this situation. One signing and this thread and forum could be seeing things differently. But at the same time the striker is the final piece but the midfield is a shit show at the mo. There's too many midfielders. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.
I feel Koemans trying to integrate all the players and he's overloaded the middle of the park. I'm sure Spurs were similar a fair few seasons ago where they had a load of midfielders and couldn't get it to work.
I feel Koeman is being reactive than proactive as he's accommodating players to the current situation. He needs to stick with our strongest xi and dictate the play. Put us on the front foot and control the game. Sod all the stupid formation and personnel changes to the team and build a team that knows each other.
We've changed too much and it's hurting us badly. Even if he uses older players  in terms of McCarthy and mirallas. At least these players are familiar to our play. I'd still start with Pickford but the likes of Klaassen and Sandro who have struggled should be in an xi that's completely simpatico with each other. I know there's injuries that prohibit this but we need some stability and structure.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:31:31 AM by arteta4spain »

September 11, 2017, 12:34:27 AM
Reply #55

arteta4spain

The reply was epic in your own mind only. I don't want a reaction, I'm stating a fact it's pretty clear to see that Barkley is signing for Spurs in January & Koeman will definitely still be here then.
Alright smart arse. I meant epic in terms of length but whatever. You're probably right on the situation with Barkley but if he can see that results aren't going right and there's a possibility of Koeman going before the end of the season then you never know.

September 11, 2017, 12:42:22 AM
Reply #56

Macca77

Yeah sack him now

Anyone got Gary Megsons number?

September 11, 2017, 12:43:14 AM
Reply #57

SANA_DR0

for me, a striker wouldnt make any difference,

its the style of play, lack of tactics, and playing players in their wrong positions.

thats why im not rating Koeman,  even with said striker, if we played as abysmal as this, i would have the same views.

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 11, 2017, 12:50:01 AM
Reply #58

School of Science

I'm for letting it roll until the end of the season, I want to see more fluidity in the team, but it needs time to gel and get his best eleven. Want us to improve our league form, top seven will do this year, but I want us to win a cup.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 11, 2017, 01:12:31 AM
Reply #59

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There isn't a lack of tactics his tactics just aren't working right now. He needs to do a lot better than the last few games clearly but Koe-mon surely everyone can see that this side hasn't gelled and isn't performing yet? Let's wait and see if we have an identity as the season progresses instead of giving crazy shout of give him until Christmas based on a handful of games against some of the best teams in the league.