December 07, 2019, 07:40:29 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 138458 times)

September 29, 2017, 01:43:20 PM
Reply #15

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
How much time do you need to show progress or beginnings of a direction and system.

Good question. Honestly if we look at the history of clubs like Spurs when they've massively overhauled their squad after losing their star player, then unfortunately we shouldn't expect much at all from the first half of this season, maybe all of it.

September 29, 2017, 09:30:01 PM
Reply #16

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
@brap2 just to be clear all the likes don't mean I fancy you, I just agree with absolutely everything you're saying and no one else is saying it.

You sexy animal.

September 30, 2017, 01:50:57 AM
Reply #17

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I just reset the poll for this thread... Be interesting to see how the mood has changed.

For the record, final results were 70 for giving him to the end of the season, 37 each for Christmas and he's a great manager, 19 to fire him now and 13 for the big D.

September 30, 2017, 03:50:06 AM
Reply #18

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
*really long post*

Fair play to you for posting that, took a lot of effort I imagine and has been a topic I've been surprised not to find more information on in the past, so good to read.

How did you identify clubs who had signed 6+ players, or clubs who had lost a key striker - your own knowledge, or is there some kind of database you're working from?

Also, did you look at what happens when you sign 6+ players AND lose your key striker? I imagine the n size is too small for meaningful comparison. But that's the situation we're in.

October 01, 2017, 05:50:00 AM
Reply #19

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah people have very rose tinted specs when it comes to Bolassie's short time playing with us.

He had a few great moments. But he was also incredibly inconsistent for a player with his experience and very frustrating with little end product at times.

October 01, 2017, 10:49:32 PM
Reply #20

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Id have Dyche, Big Sam or Unsworth today. I know thats not popular but wed be comfortably 7th and give the top teams a game under the 2 proven options. Sam and Dyche are both miles better than our last 2 managers possibly better than Moyes too. Theyd both potentailly be the best manager weve had for 20 years (granted its not high acclaim)

Yep. If anyone's the man to take us on and crack the top 4, it's Sam Allardyce.

October 01, 2017, 10:55:14 PM
Reply #21

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He's got a good record. Are you telling me koeman is a better manager.

No. But that doesn't mean we should replace him with Sam Allardyce.

October 14, 2017, 03:57:13 AM
Reply #22

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We don't need another number 10. We've got plenty of talent there. Jesus.

Try to take a bit of a more adult view and not to judge all players solely on the last 4 weeks in an underperforming team.

October 23, 2017, 04:18:35 AM
Reply #23

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Based on absolutely nothing, it's blindingly obvious that Arteta > Unsworth

October 23, 2017, 04:33:11 AM
Reply #24

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently it's being announced tomorrow that he's being fired, Unsworth in charge interim.

October 23, 2017, 04:36:16 AM
Reply #25

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Is this from Twitter or a reliable source?

Latter. Has been wrong before though.