October 24, 2017, 11:00:27 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 46869 times)

September 11, 2017, 03:34:42 AM
Reply #90

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As i remember it we started really well and then started playing shite longball football which lead us to not winning in x games,,in some of those games we were knocking 50 odd longballs a game as i watched the games twice and counted them even down to if they went to our player or theirs,,some absolute shite football thats when i started to have reservations about koeman

He said himself that we weren't playing as he wanted in the first 5 games but we managed to get results.

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 03:37:11 AM
Reply #91

toffee_scot

Even if you want him sacked, he won't be anytime soon. Apparently he was Moshiri's first choice to replace Martinez and probably Kenwright's too, they have given him an enormous amount of investment, someone said we have spent more money in Koeman's 18 months at the club than then whole of David Moyes' 11 year tenure.

They are putting an enormous amount of trust in Koeman and I guess they are very much prepared to give him the time to work with this new team. It will take a very toxic atmosphere before the End of Season Awards Ceremony before they would decide to sack him, but at this moment in time we are far far away from that stage

September 11, 2017, 03:37:24 AM
Reply #92

SANA_DR0

sounds like Moyes more and more... how many great half seasons did we have with Moyes?  I think we would have killed the league if it ran from Jan - Dec in 2008 i think.

Does this mean next year Koemans team will again need half the season to start playing?

disgraceful that.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 11, 2017, 03:37:53 AM
Reply #93

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Thing I like about Koeman is it feels like we have more games where we confortably win by 2 or 3 (mostly 2) goal margins than we ever got with any other manager since the 80s. Makes watching us a far more relaxing exercise.

September 11, 2017, 03:39:07 AM
Reply #94

The Analog Kid

Yeah, that's what I mean, I think we'll come good but with all the changes we've made it's going to take a while to get going.

Yeah I don't think there's too many flapping just yet, more frustration than anything. He still doesn't know his preferred formation or midfield yet.

September 11, 2017, 03:39:35 AM
Reply #95

Gash

Global Moderator
As i remember it we started really well and then started playing shite longball football which lead us to not winning in x games,,in some of those games we were knocking 50 odd longballs a game as i watched the games twice and counted them even down to if they went to our player or theirs,,some absolute shite football thats when i started to have reservations about koeman

In terms of results we started well but there wasn't really any of those games where you felt we'd played really well for a prolonged period.

September 11, 2017, 03:42:37 AM
Reply #96

SANA_DR0

Thing I like about Koeman is it feels like we have more games where we confortably win by 2 or 3 (mostly 2) goal margins than we ever got with any other manager since the 80s. Makes watching us a far more relaxing exercise.

???? do you mean when we had Lukaku?

no other striker we get to replace him will do what he did, especially with Koeman in charge.

September 11, 2017, 04:25:26 AM
Reply #97

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

???? do you mean when we had Lukaku?

no other striker we get to replace him will do what he did, especially with Koeman in charge.

Well maybe, but we had 3 seasons before Koeman with Lukaku and we didn't win shit.

September 11, 2017, 04:31:57 AM
Reply #98

SANA_DR0

Well maybe, but we had 3 seasons before Koeman with Lukaku and we didn't win shit.

okay. but that makes no sense in regards to your previous post, where you said. Koeman makes you feel more relaxed cos we used to win games more than 2-0

i replied saying we won 2-0 and + due to lukakus goals... what does winning shit have to do with that??

the fact is, we won by big margins due to lukakus goals... this year as we have seen already we will struggle to score, (stats are 7 shots on target in 4 premier league games out of which we have scored 2 goals)

are you seriously saying your relaxed as we struggle to score?

we'd be lucky to score 2 goals in a match any time soon.. let alone get 3 on target lol

September 11, 2017, 04:36:27 AM
Reply #99

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
okay. but that makes no sense in regards to your previous post, where you said. Koeman makes you feel more relaxed cos we used to win games more than 2-0

i replied saying we won 2-0 and + due to lukakus goals... what does winning shit have to do with that??

The logic of my argument is impeccable, you're just not apparently sharp enough at this time of night to follow it.

Try again, and if you still don't get it, I'll explain.

September 11, 2017, 04:37:04 AM
Reply #100

MrWhite

Let me first say I absolutely don't think we should. But I'm curious to see what the mood on here is like.
Bit like tossing a flare into a box full of cats and closing the lid..

I'm gonna go with.. it's not something anyone here has the power to do, so "should" doesn't come into it. If we're gonna "should" our problems away, we "should" buy Kane, Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez..

Bored.

September 11, 2017, 04:38:02 AM
Reply #101

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bit like tossing a flare into a box full of cats and closing the lid..

I'm gonna go with.. it's not something anyone here has the power to do, so "should" doesn't come into it. If we're gonna "should" our problems away, we "should" buy Kane, Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez..

Bored.

You're right. We need another number 10.

September 11, 2017, 04:40:08 AM
Reply #102

SANA_DR0

The logic of my argument is impeccable, you're just not apparently sharp enough at this time of night to follow it.

Try again, and if you still don't get it, I'll explain.

trololo.

September 11, 2017, 04:41:11 AM
Reply #103

kramer0

No. He should get until the end of the season.

Unless Thomas Tuchel desperately wants the job for some reason. Then yes, sack him.

September 11, 2017, 04:44:24 AM
Reply #104

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.