November 21, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 108787 times)

September 11, 2017, 04:37:04 AM
Read 108787 times

MrWhite

Let me first say I absolutely don't think we should. But I'm curious to see what the mood on here is like.
Bit like tossing a flare into a box full of cats and closing the lid..

I'm gonna go with.. it's not something anyone here has the power to do, so "should" doesn't come into it. If we're gonna "should" our problems away, we "should" buy Kane, Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez..

Bored.

September 11, 2017, 06:05:37 AM
Reply #1

MrWhite

I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.
It's amazing how in any group of people, 90% of the noise comes from a small fraction of them. Much of the rest of the noise is everyone else muttering "for fuck's sake.."

September 11, 2017, 06:10:26 AM
Reply #2

MrWhite

You're right. We need another number 10.
No-one is right, that's the beauty of speculative debate.
I wasn't bored with your thread, I was bored with my own ridiculous example of why it was a stupid question. Which is not to suggest your quest to gauge the mood is stupid, merely that the question is such. The poll results validate your quest in any event.

September 11, 2017, 06:16:28 AM
Reply #3

MrWhite

I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.
My option would have been "As with all continuously evolving situations I am unwilling to commit to any timescale, but he doesn't need to be sacked today"

September 11, 2017, 08:05:04 AM
Reply #4

MrWhite

The more money than Moyes shout is not valid. Look at the club income and transfer market average spending by all other clubs over the same time periods. Moyes did some awesome buying at bargain prices but rarely spent relative big money (for his era) well. Koeman's long term value to the squad is yet to be measured over any real timescale. Although Williams value is not looking great at the moment. Of all the players RK has bought, he should be showing his value the most for the league standard and the various formation experience. But that's one player. Judging any of the latest acquisitions so soon only makes sense if you are biased against Koeman.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:06:47 AM by MrWhite »

September 15, 2017, 10:00:07 PM
Reply #5

MrWhite

As our 5th 10. Fuck it he's better than a couple still. As a manager. Is there an argument for him over unsworth. Least unsworth has some pedigree coaching with us and knows the players
Maybe you should change your name to KoemansNumberTens

September 16, 2017, 07:13:12 PM
Reply #6

MrWhite

Logically, if the club was so well run that it would be fine to promote Unsy, then it wouldn't matter if Koeman was any good or not anyway? So the whole argument is self-referential and so null and void.

September 16, 2017, 08:43:28 PM
Reply #7

MrWhite

Why do people still think this is the case?

Why are you so sure that this is not the case?

September 16, 2017, 10:17:41 PM
Reply #8

MrWhite

WTF . Maybe we don't need a Manager then .

Hey, it was your logic! If the club is so well run that the manager is immaterial? However since there is a requirement to speak to the press, have a name listed as manager, etc, we'd still have to have a manager. But the well run club would mean that his ability would be irrelevant.

September 17, 2017, 05:12:21 AM
Reply #9

MrWhite

All of which I am sure Unsworth could manage .
True, but so could Koeman, making a change pointless, unless we could get him to quit without compensation. But since the club doesn't run itself this whole line of reasoning is moot.

September 17, 2017, 05:29:45 AM
Reply #10

MrWhite

Any other predictions, Coyb12?

Will these three be sacked?

Hodgson
Redknapp
Bruce
At this point predicting Redknapp will be sacked should probably not be classed as a prediction.

October 01, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Reply #11

MrWhite

Prob been mentioned but Koeman is favourite to leave next