December 18, 2017, 07:04:11 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 63359 times)

September 11, 2017, 04:50:14 AM
Reply #105

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone wants success now
No chance of building, it has to be now

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

September 11, 2017, 05:21:33 AM
Reply #106

Ross

He said himself that we weren't playing as he wanted in the first 5 games but we managed to get results.

What way do you think he wants us to play?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 11, 2017, 05:48:47 AM
Reply #107

Bluedylan

I can see that the thread is designed to gauge feeling at the moment, which is fair enough. But the actual question as to whether he should be sacked now is fucking stupid and wildly premature (and I'm not even particularly pro-Koeman).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 11, 2017, 06:05:37 AM
Reply #108

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.
It's amazing how in any group of people, 90% of the noise comes from a small fraction of them. Much of the rest of the noise is everyone else muttering "for fuck's sake.."

September 11, 2017, 06:10:26 AM
Reply #109

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
You're right. We need another number 10.
No-one is right, that's the beauty of speculative debate.
I wasn't bored with your thread, I was bored with my own ridiculous example of why it was a stupid question. Which is not to suggest your quest to gauge the mood is stupid, merely that the question is such. The poll results validate your quest in any event.

September 11, 2017, 06:16:28 AM
Reply #110

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I was somewhat surprised to see 25% of the vote taking the "he's great" option. Although I appreciate the phrasing and options limit how much you can draw from the poll, it's still a lot stronger support for him than you might think reading the site the past few days.
My option would have been "As with all continuously evolving situations I am unwilling to commit to any timescale, but he doesn't need to be sacked today"

September 11, 2017, 06:20:11 AM
Reply #111

Redartin

One step at a time - give him to Christmas.

If our B team, Sunderland, knock us out of the cup and we don't qualify for the knock out stages of the Europa and are 15th or 16th in the League then chase him.

If we are still in both cups and top half of the league then prolong it to the end of season.

The problem with our opening League fixtures that I see is, once teams start losing 3-4 games in a row the confidence goes, and then losing becomes a hard habit to break.
The other thing is, if we are trying to break into top 4, top 6, then surely beating those teams above us, especially at home, is a priority, not lying down and rolling over like yesterday.

September 11, 2017, 07:11:22 AM
Reply #112

blueski

I don't think it would work to sack him now even if the board wanted to

Don't you just think there's a large slice of responsibility laid at the feet of the board / director of football etc for not replacing lukaku - would be massive scapegoating by the board if he was sacked at this point

needs another window IMO - if results haven't turned by then and we don't strengthen I think some serious questions need to be asked with respect to where we are going and frankly based on how toothless we look at the moment I wonder if we might not find ourselves at this point by then
Nil Satis

September 11, 2017, 07:26:11 AM
Reply #113

Realist

I don't think it would work to sack him now even if the board wanted to

Don't you just think there's a large slice of responsibility laid at the feet of the board / director of football etc for not replacing lukaku - would be massive scapegoating by the board if he was sacked at this point

needs another window IMO - if results haven't turned by then and we don't strengthen I think some serious questions need to be asked with respect to where we are going and frankly based on how toothless we look at the moment I wonder if we might not find ourselves at this point by then

Another window means giving him more money to spend, he's already had more since he's been here than Moyes did during his whole reign at the club, saying that he needs to buy a striker or two I know, but his signings are pretty poor & the thing which worries me most is that he doesn't seem to have a clue how he wants to play which you'd hope he would have figured out by now considering most of the team are now players he's signed

September 11, 2017, 08:05:04 AM
Reply #114

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
The more money than Moyes shout is not valid. Look at the club income and transfer market average spending by all other clubs over the same time periods. Moyes did some awesome buying at bargain prices but rarely spent relative big money (for his era) well. Koeman's long term value to the squad is yet to be measured over any real timescale. Although Williams value is not looking great at the moment. Of all the players RK has bought, he should be showing his value the most for the league standard and the various formation experience. But that's one player. Judging any of the latest acquisitions so soon only makes sense if you are biased against Koeman.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:06:47 AM by MrWhite »

September 11, 2017, 01:56:51 PM
Reply #115

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
People still murmuring on about Moyes. The man achieved nothing. 

September 11, 2017, 02:05:20 PM
Reply #116

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
People still murmuring on about Moyes. The man achieved nothing. 
Someone said Moyes?

Simply simply lovely

September 11, 2017, 02:19:48 PM
Reply #117

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's actually embarrassing that someone would bring Moyes up.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 11, 2017, 02:36:23 PM
Reply #118

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We have picked up 1 point from a run of 3 games where i expected zero. Fromt hat alone i wouldn't consider his job to be on the line at this stage.
Similarly if we get beat by United.

6 points from Bournemouth & Burnley home games and i'll be content to crack on.
Anything less though and i'll start listening to what the reactionaries have to say.

September 11, 2017, 02:37:00 PM
Reply #119

TSGun

Someone said Moyes?

Is that Eric Cantona in the hoody bottom right corner?