December 18, 2017, 05:03:56 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 63341 times)

September 12, 2017, 12:25:30 AM
Reply #150

Realist

for me its too early to tell whether Koeman is good enough

you say about the money to spend but the finances of the club and entire league has improved dramatically. because of this the general cost of players has also increased. so to say he's been given more is true but in 1980 gas was cheaper too, loaf of bread, etc. It was possible to get a proven midfielder for 10m at the time, now the going rate is considerably higher for proven talent - so for me that argument doesn't really work

as for the striker thing its really hard on the outside to know whose fault that is but publicly he was asking for 1-2 at various points in the window so it seems like he wanted one

as for the quality of his signings I'm not seeing the issue - its a mixed bag like any manager but no doubt several have been very very good. Sandro for example might be easy to criticise but also look at the context - is 5m or whatever he cost a bad punt when the going rate for any type of competent PL striker is over 30 - we got what we paid for with him - a squad player who might or might not adapt to the league. Are you critical of the manager's signings or just the general price of players right now which is admittedly ridiculous

The general prices are daft but I don't rate his signings, I know he's bought one or two good players and it's too early to tell on the players he bought in this window (apart from Sandro - he's pony) but you'd expect him to get one or two right at least. I wouldn't be confident throwing more money at him nor do I think he's the man to move us to the next level
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:39:44 AM by Realist »

deCoubertin

September 12, 2017, 12:42:09 AM
Reply #151

blueski

The general prices are daft but I don't rate his signings, I know he's bought a few good players and it's too early to tell on the players he bought in this window but you'd expect him to get one or two right at least. I wouldn't be confident throwing more money at him nor do I think he's the man to move us to the next level
when you say throw more money at him do you mean Koeman, who says he wants a striker or Walsh who is the one who identifies the targets and/or the board who buys the targets. change koeman and its still the same Walsh and board identifying targets and buying players

something didn't work right this window but its hard to see what part was the issue, the manager, the director of football or the board which for me is the reason its too early.
Nil Satis

September 12, 2017, 12:59:46 AM
Reply #152

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
when you say throw more money at him do you mean Koeman, who says he wants a striker or Walsh who is the one who identifies the targets and/or the board who buys the targets. change koeman and its still the same Walsh and board identifying targets and buying players

something didn't work right this window but its hard to see what part was the issue, the manager, the director of football or the board which for me is the reason its too early.

I imagine RK shot down a few names suggested to him and stamped his feet about a few unattainable target men. It was a fuck up and they should all probably hold their hands up to some degree.

September 12, 2017, 04:36:13 PM
Reply #153

Rodenplav64

Yet it is obvious Koeman wanted Siggurdson . If you give him credit then give him and not Walsh a bit of stick for our striker absence . After all it was Koeman and not Walsh who didn't want to rely on a target man .

September 12, 2017, 06:07:45 PM
Reply #154

JordanianEmbassy

After all it was Koeman and not Walsh who didn't want to rely on a target man .

What makes you say that?

We had a deal agreed for signing Giroud, but his wife talked him out of it. Thats why we've got a severe shortage of strikers in the squad.  Obviously we now need someone else instead, and I'm sure they (ie Koeman and Walsh, and everyone else who is has any understanding of football) understand that... but we didn't get it sorted out before the transfer window closed.  So its going to have to be THE priority for January.

btw I'm assuming by target man you mean any sort of centre forward :)

September 12, 2017, 06:43:31 PM
Reply #155

Rodenplav64

What makes you say that?

We had a deal agreed for signing Giroud, but his wife talked him out of it. Thats why we've got a severe shortage of strikers in the squad.  Obviously we now need someone else instead, and I'm sure they (ie Koeman and Walsh, and everyone else who is has any understanding of football) understand that... but we didn't get it sorted out before the transfer window closed.  So its going to have to be THE priority for January.

btw I'm assuming by target man you mean any sort of centre forward :)

I thought experience may have taught you that Evertons deadline day " We had a deal in place " was best taken with a rather large pinch of the white stuff .

September 12, 2017, 06:44:19 PM
Reply #156

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I thought experience may have taught you that Evertons deadline day " We had a deal in place " was best taken with a rather large pinch of the white stuff .

It wasn't deadline day it was weeks before.

September 12, 2017, 06:49:17 PM
Reply #157

Rodenplav64

It wasn't deadline day it was weeks before.

That doesn't make the shambles any better though does it . I also don't see the situation where Koeman has no input other than coaching who Walsh gets in . Sloping shoulders .

September 12, 2017, 07:06:52 PM
Reply #158

SANA_DR0

Koeman basically said it all in the pre match conference to spurs,

he said options 1 and 2 where a no, and that options 3-6 wher too expensive for him, even tho their where pnety of other strikers who came to epl teams on the final day.. but i guess they wasnt who we where looking at. (Everton chose not to sign any of them)
but any striker would have been a welcome bonus, but instead we have Big Niassety back...

this is the interview, please listen to it.

we need to stop debating the striker issue, Koeman has stated why we didnt do what he said we would do,
yes its fucked up, but we cant just keep changing things to suit our own version of events.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 12, 2017, 08:07:44 PM
Reply #159

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
When I reflect back now over Koemans reign so far I can't remember many good performances at all, which is a little worrying after about 50 games in charge.I don't like to add to the doom and gloom but...

There is no chance we are going to win a trophy with Ronald Koeman as manager is there?

Someone please save this, post as your signature and ridicule me as the Europa League this season turns out to be the 3rd trophy he wins with us!

This isn't to say that he won't leave us in a better position to that which he joined us in, which could be seen as progress still in some people's eyes. I want a trophy though
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 12, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
Reply #160

BlueForYou

Four home wins on the bounce coming up

Sunderland
Bournemouth
Limassol
Burnley

Contract extension, Ron?

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 12, 2017, 10:27:03 PM
Reply #161

Realist

Four home wins on the bounce coming up

Sunderland
Bournemouth
Limassol
Burnley

Contract extension, Ron?

We're averaging less than 2 shots on target per game, don't hold your breath

September 12, 2017, 10:47:36 PM
Reply #162

Lxxx

Bournemouth and Burnley will know all about our troubles and will think a point is a decent result. Dyche will have two banks of four and we'll be booed off at half-time after not troubling Heaton. Eddie Howe might be a little more open but after their start I wouldn't bank on it. I'd love to be proved wrong like.

September 12, 2017, 10:51:19 PM
Reply #163

Mac934

He needs the season. January will be key as to whether we can get the striker we need in.

We all knew the start of the season would be hard. I wouldn't have expected more than 4 points realistically speaking from the games played to date. I'd have expected a draw at home to Spurs while getting beaten by City. I doubt we'll get anything out of Utd next weekend either, but from then on, we need to be picking up points and I'm sure we will.
But as been said elsewhere, it's not the points total, it's the way we are playing.

September 12, 2017, 10:52:41 PM
Reply #164

Marky Mark and the funky

Bournemouth and Burnley will know all about our troubles and will think a point is a decent result. Dyche will have two banks of four and we'll be booed off at half-time after not troubling Heaton. Eddie Howe might be a little more open but after their start I wouldn't bank on it. I'd love to be proved wrong like.

Heaton is crocked :)