October 22, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 41563 times)

September 13, 2017, 05:01:42 AM
Reply #180

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone know how many shots we've had in target?

People were saying 6 after 3 games and I believe we had 1 against Spurs. 7 after 4??

There were comments on twitter after 3 games that 2 or 3 Liverpool players had had more individually than we had as a team

Of course playing hard teams hasn't helped but we were pretty shite against an average stoke team and pretty shite in the Europa league too. The evidence suggests we've just been pretty shite rather than we've come up against better teams

deCoubertin

September 13, 2017, 05:21:11 AM
Reply #181

Gash

Global Moderator

September 13, 2017, 05:32:58 AM
Reply #182

SANA_DR0

i posted the stats from the premier league site the other day, its 7 on target in 4 games.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/7/Everton/stats

you have to set the filter box to this season.

Attack
Goals 2
Goals Per Match 0.50
Shots 35
Shots On Target 7
Shooting Accuracy % 20%
Penalties Scored 0
Big Chances Created 3
Hit Woodwork 0
Team Play
Passes 1,699
Passes Per Match 424.75
Pass Accuracy % 78%
Crosses 69
Cross Accuracy % 30%

Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 13, 2017, 05:41:11 AM
Reply #183

Shogun

Administrator
Far too early to vindicate the hysteria some are showing.

I'm not a fan of Ronald Koeman but it's four matches into the premier league season and we've got four points.

However, I don't subscribe to the excuse of "We've played Chelsea and Spurs, what do you expect?" because neither of those two have had to get out of first gear to beat us. That's exactly what I hate most about Everton. So often we go against these teams who are only the next step up and we look, and normally set up like a league two team. I wanted to see our attitude, performance and results take a significant jump against those teams this season and Koeman is falling well short so far.

He still has time to put that right though and he has two massive targets for me this season.

1 - He simply has to improve our performances against those above us. Yes, we might not have the players to match them but they're the next step. Tottenham forced their way into the mix under Pochettino and that was after replacing Bale with an array of sub-standard players so it can be done and really, there's plenty of scope to improve in that regard.

2 - We have to make the SF of a cup. Ordinarily I'd say a trophy but sometimes luck goes against you or you run into better teams. That isn't what happened last season though and  losing to Sunderland and Leciester at home to exit the cups is nowhere near good enough for a club in our position. We've got three shots at Silverware this season and there's no excuses for any of our players considering most have played in European competition. If we repeat last year, finish 7th (or less) and go out in like the round of 16 in Europe, that's not good enough.

He did enough last season because expectations were low. He got us back into 7th with the 7th best team in the league and he got the players fit and professional again. The expectations have to be a lot bigger now because we've been stagnant in this league for the best part of a decade and we seem to make zero progress into breaking into the top tier of the league.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:45:39 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 13, 2017, 05:43:16 AM
Reply #184

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
i posted the stats from the premier league site the other day, its 7 on target in 4 games.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/7/Everton/stats

you have to set the filter box to this season.

Attack
Goals 2
Goals Per Match 0.50
Shots 35
Shots On Target 7
Shooting Accuracy % 20%
Penalties Scored 0
Big Chances Created 3
Hit Woodwork 0
Team Play
Passes 1,699
Passes Per Match 424.75
Pass Accuracy % 78%
Crosses 69
Cross Accuracy % 30%

35 not on target from 4 games doesn't sound quite as bad though (although it's still not great).

The exceptionally low number of shots on target says as much about Sandro's tendency to panic and snatch at his shots, as it does about our ability to fashion any decent chances in a game.

September 13, 2017, 06:12:19 AM
Reply #185

Thornton_19

get your coat
Your not my type mate.

September 13, 2017, 10:32:56 AM
Reply #186

Waltzer

I was extremely happy when we got Koeman and I still am. My worry is tendency to keep trying things that don't work, like 3 at the back. I'm also disappointed with our recruitment during the summer, the lack of pace, imbalance in the team is there for all to see, but is that Walshs fault. I don't think he should be sacked, but he should be under pressure as at the moment the team looks very poor.

September 13, 2017, 03:06:59 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

35 not on target from 4 games doesn't sound quite as bad though (although it's still not great).

The exceptionally low number of shots on target says as much about Sandro's tendency to panic and snatch at his shots, as it does about our ability to fashion any decent chances in a game.

You can try and spin it but 7 shots on the opposition goal in 4 games is pretty poor. Burnley caused Spurs and Chelsea more problems and we play them in a few weeks. It's not the results that everyone is concerned about, it's the performances.

September 13, 2017, 03:42:19 PM
Reply #188

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
You can try and spin it but 7 shots on the opposition goal in 4 games is pretty poor. Burnley caused Spurs and Chelsea more problems and we play them in a few weeks. It's not the results that everyone is concerned about, it's the performances.

I'm not defending the performances, Spurs and Chelsea were utter shite (people do seem to be airbrushing the City game out of memory though, where we did well for most of the first half). But with statistics in football, it's all spin.

September 13, 2017, 03:48:55 PM
Reply #189

Lxxx

I'm not defending the performances, Spurs and Chelsea were utter shite (people do seem to be airbrushing the City game out of memory though, where we did well for most of the first half). But with statistics in football, it's all spin.

Doing well for most of one half is about all we can muster these days though. I'm not too sure it's to be applauded when we were abysmal in the second half of the same game against 10 men.

September 13, 2017, 04:20:13 PM
Reply #190

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Doing well for most of one half is about all we can muster these days though. I'm not too sure it's to be applauded when we were abysmal in the second half of the same game against 10 men.

Again, no applauding from me. Just another counterpoint to the doommongers who reject any narrative that doesn't say everything has gone to shit.

September 13, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
Reply #191

Lxxx

Again, no applauding from me. Just another counterpoint to the doommongers who reject any narrative that doesn't say everything has gone to shit.

But that's not what people are saying though, maybe the odd one. The rest are raising quite legitimate points about the standard of football we're playing and how little attacking threat we have mustered.

It's usually the first barometer in the season to evaluate after 10 games to see how things have progressed, or not, and to give an indication of where we are heading. We're 8 games in now so maybe a realistic shout would be to take stock after the Man U game and draw our conclusions then.

September 13, 2017, 04:31:44 PM
Reply #192

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But that's not what people are saying though, maybe the odd one. The rest are raising quite legitimate points about the standard of football we're playing and how little attacking threat we have mustered.

It's usually the first barometer in the season to evaluate after 10 games to see how things have progressed, or not, and to give an indication of where we are heading. We're 8 games in now so maybe a realistic shout would be to take stock after the Man U game and draw our conclusions then.

Probably still not quite fair as they're in good form and we're likely in for a hiding.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 13, 2017, 04:52:19 PM
Reply #193

Lxxx

Probably still not quite fair as they're in good form and we're likely in for a hiding.

So what do we do then, do we wait until we've played a run of easier games which takes us to 15 games in before Lyon until we're allowed to make a fair judgement of this seasons progress. If we would have suggested back in July that we'd need to have played 15 games to get a fair idea of how we're doing we all would have quite rightly scoffed at that but maybe we need to.

I know we've been dealt a relatively challenging run of fixtures first up but this season is where Koeman asked to be judged so after 15 games then you'd really have expected us to have maximum points in Europe, be through to the next round of the league cup and to have a minimum 13 points in the league. That's substituting the unlikely point we got away at City for a point at home to Spurs, which had it been the other way round would have been slightly more palatable.

September 13, 2017, 04:54:11 PM
Reply #194

formerKHL

all this talk about poor performances and results etc...

2 simple questions.....what would you prefer.....

shite performance, 1 shot on goal and win 1-0?

great performance 34 shots on goal lose 1-0 ?

I know which I prefer....and then you'll all be moaning you cant get tickets for the games.....