October 21, 2017, 02:43:35 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 40016 times)

September 13, 2017, 05:30:51 PM
Reply #195

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So what do we do then, do we wait until we've played a run of easier games which takes us to 15 games in before Lyon until we're allowed to make a fair judgement of this seasons progress. If we would have suggested back in July that we'd need to have played 15 games to get a fair idea of how we're doing we all would have quite rightly scoffed at that but maybe we need to.

I know we've been dealt a relatively challenging run of fixtures first up but this season is where Koeman asked to be judged so after 15 games then you'd really have expected us to have maximum points in Europe, be through to the next round of the league cup and to have a minimum 13 points in the league. That's substituting the unlikely point we got away at City for a point at home to Spurs, which had it been the other way round would have been slightly more palatable.

Well I mean to be honest there's nothing we can do either way, i'd be very surprised and frankly disappointed if Koeman was sacked after facing united stoke city Chelsea and Spurs.

Just have to sit tight and see if he can turn it around. He did last year and he did at Southampton, and when he came out the other side the teams went on winning streaks I think.

Season is young. Disappointed with the transfer window and frankly I think 7th is the absolute best we can hope for, but the season is young and there's plenty of football to be played so no need to panic just yet.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

September 13, 2017, 05:35:04 PM
Reply #196

Lxxx

Well I mean to be honest there's nothing we can do either way, i'd be very surprised and frankly disappointed if Koeman was sacked after facing united stoke city Chelsea and Spurs.

Just have to sit tight and see if he can turn it around. He did last year and he did at Southampton, and when he came out the other side the teams went on winning streaks I think.

Season is young. Disappointed with the transfer window and frankly I think 7th is the absolute best we can hope for, but the season is young and there's plenty of football to be played so no need to panic just yet.

Yeh I'm not on board with all this sacking nonsense, it's frankly a bonkers shout born out of a lot of frustration I can only imagine.

We do need to raise the bar when it comes to expectations though. I don't think incremental progress is good enough this season with the money we have spent and the money he is paid. He has to deliver a clear step change in output in terms of both results and performances once we've had time to bed the new group in.

September 13, 2017, 05:46:15 PM
Reply #197

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
all this talk about poor performances and results etc...

2 simple questions.....what would you prefer.....

shite performance, 1 shot on goal and win 1-0?

great performance 34 shots on goal lose 1-0 ?

I know which I prefer....and then you'll all be moaning you cant get tickets for the games.....

Yeah sure we'd all want to upset the analysts and win a season's worth of jammy 1-0's but I think the idea is that jammy results will generally run their course and you'll get found out whereas a team playing good, effective football and putting plenty of well positioned shots on the board will eventually get out of losing jammily and start picking up wins.

Luckily for us, we're not playing well and we're not getting results so we don't have to worry about that 🙄
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 13, 2017, 06:38:29 PM
Reply #198

Rodenplav64

I think 7th is the best you can hope for if you keep taking 10 games to get going . Like you say it is a trait with his teams . Maybe next season we might hit the ground running no matter who the fixture list throws up . Least of all we might start the season with a best 11 , a system and a style of play .

September 13, 2017, 06:48:46 PM
Reply #199

formerKHL

Yeah sure we'd all want to upset the analysts and win a season's worth of jammy 1-0's but I think the idea is that jammy results will generally run their course and you'll get found out whereas a team playing good, effective football and putting plenty of well positioned shots on the board will eventually get out of losing jammily and start picking up wins.

Luckily for us, we're not playing well and we're not getting results so we don't have to worry about that 🙄

I'm not talking "jammy" 1-0's....just 1-0's and yet Liverpool did it throughout the 70's & 80's very successfully...

September 13, 2017, 06:56:30 PM
Reply #200

Toddacelli

Anyone who thought we'd hit the ground running with half a new squad, injuries to key players and Barkley in limbo wants to have a look at themselves.

Or start a thread like this.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 13, 2017, 07:57:03 PM
Reply #201

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think 7th is the best you can hope for if you keep taking 10 games to get going . Like you say it is a trait with his teams . Maybe next season we might hit the ground running no matter who the fixture list throws up . Least of all we might start the season with a best 11 , a system and a style of play .

An 11 that have all met before might be all we need.

September 13, 2017, 08:15:03 PM
Reply #202

Rodenplav64

An 11 that have all met before might be all we need.

In all fairness though 8 of the 11 who started the last game of the season were in the squad on Saturday . He had a full pre season with 80% of his squad . Like I said before I don't mind loosing I mind playing shite . We are talking about a football match not  a swingers party .

September 13, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
Reply #203

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone who thought we'd hit the ground running with half a new squad, injuries to key players and Barkley in limbo wants to have a look at themselves.

Is anyone actually saying that? Think people are saying we had no chance of hitting the ground running because there's numerous problems that haven't been addressed

September 13, 2017, 09:45:30 PM
Reply #204

Gary1878

It should go without saying that this is the hardest start we have ever had to a Premier League season. By far. We all know that the result and performance against Spurs was atrocious, and there are concerns about having no proper striker and a massive lack of pace.

But we have done what we probably would have expected out of some of the toughest games we will face.

If i said that we would get the following results before the season kicked off, you probably would have accepted it:

Stoke H - Win
City A - Loss
Chelsea A - Loss
Spurs H - Draw

So really it makes little difference to our overall season that we came away with a bonus point at City and got spanked against Spurs. It very well could have been the other way round, and we wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it.

United is another tough game for us, and I would expect another loss on the board. But the season really gets started after this, when we can look to pick up a bunch of wins in a row.

We also have a team that have barely played together, and have just played the favourites, champions, and second placed team from last year. Be realistic and understand that this project will take time.

September 13, 2017, 09:58:59 PM
Reply #205

KoemansNumberTens

It should go without saying that this is the hardest start we have ever had to a Premier League season. By far. We all know that the result and performance against Spurs was atrocious, and there are concerns about having no proper striker and a massive lack of pace.

But we have done what we probably would have expected out of some of the toughest games we will face.

If i said that we would get the following results before the season kicked off, you probably would have accepted it:

Stoke H - Win
City A - Loss
Chelsea A - Loss
Spurs H - Draw

So really it makes little difference to our overall season that we came away with a bonus point at City and got spanked against Spurs. It very well could have been the other way round, and we wouldn't have batted an eyelid at it.

United is another tough game for us, and I would expect another loss on the board. But the season really gets started after this, when we can look to pick up a bunch of wins in a row.

We also have a team that have barely played together, and have just played the favourites, champions, and second placed team from last year. Be realistic and understand that this project will take time.

You're making something that isn't the issue the issue though. No one is complaining about results. They are complaining about the performances and suggesting it's to do with a lack of balance, a lack of pace, a lack of width, a lack of a striker

If I'd of said we wouldn't sign a striker, we won't sign any attacking pace, we won't sign decent cover for Coleman... we will sign Sigurdsson instead for 45m. People firstly would have laughed and then said if it was the case wed be in for a long slog in terms of creating chances

The performances so far aren't what have people worried. It's the huge holes in our team that can't be fixed by them playing a few more games together

September 13, 2017, 10:17:24 PM
Reply #206

Gary1878

You're making something that isn't the issue the issue though. No one is complaining about results. They are complaining about the performances and suggesting it's to do with a lack of balance, a lack of pace, a lack of width, a lack of a striker

If I'd of said we wouldn't sign a striker, we won't sign any attacking pace, we won't sign decent cover for Coleman... we will sign Sigurdsson instead for 45m. People firstly would have laughed and then said if it was the case wed be in for a long slog in terms of creating chances

The performances so far aren't what have people worried. It's the huge holes in our team that can't be fixed by them playing a few more games together

To some extent I agree. However, I wouldn't suggest there are huge holes in our team. Our whole front 4 has never played together and people are wondering why we look lost as a team?

Just because they are quality players who we have paid a large sum of money for doesn't mean that they don't need time to bed in. It will take several weeks/months of daily training and playing together to start to see results. These things do not happen overnight, and a few bad performances early in the season against extremely good opposition does not mean that our whole squad is f****d.

Give it a good amount of time before judging the squad and its deficiencies.

September 13, 2017, 10:20:39 PM
Reply #207

hannu

we havent started the season running, not even a light jog, id be happy if we was even walking but seems we are in a wheelchair

September 13, 2017, 10:32:23 PM
Reply #208

BlueForYou

Dead right, Gary1878

A 0-0 draw in Italy tomorrow should calm things down
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 13, 2017, 11:49:49 PM
Reply #209

everton1952

The best thing said on here is that we do not mind losing a game but we do mind playing shite. (and being described on MOD as  "awful").