December 13, 2017, 09:45:33 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62157 times)

September 14, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
Reply #225

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

deCoubertin

September 14, 2017, 04:05:07 PM
Reply #226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i didnt expect us to get anything from the teams who finished above us.

i atleast expected us to be Everton and turn up for a football match.

why do people keep reverting to.. it was a hard start? top teams.. etc.. it just looks like they dont read the posts of the people who are complaining at the lack of structure our football team has on the pitch.

really cant wait til we start playing mid table teams.
that way other people will see what we have been stating and they cant say 'derpderp top 6 team'
or we actually start to put some performances together and start climbing up the table..

either way, its going to get better than its been.

Lad, nobody is happy with the football we've played.

Nobody is using the tough start as an excuse.

Some of us are looking at the other side of the coin rather than reaching for the fucking kool-aid.

I'm not saying don't flog the horse because frankly it's important that we're under performing, but please don't think that there's anyone on the other side of this argument, or that you are in some way more prescient or perceptive than other posters who don't constantly repeat themselves.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 14, 2017, 04:14:27 PM
Reply #227

Lxxx

what do you think of the really tough 2 teams we have played in the Europa league??

how do you equate them compared to 4 toughest teams in our division?

Mate it doesn't really matter. What's been and gone is done. We've all seen our struggles against good teams and average teams. We know there is an issue but the games are coming thick and fast now so it either gets better or it doesn't and we can comment and pass judgement either way.

September 14, 2017, 05:31:44 PM
Reply #228

plumber

Could we close this silly thread please? This forum looks like poor man's RAWK with it.

September 14, 2017, 05:42:43 PM
Reply #229

BlueMaquis

Could we close this silly thread please? This forum looks like poor man's RAWK with it.

Let's have a poll.
What is the truth is neither being nor nothing, but that being does not pass over but has passed over - into nothing, and nothing into being. But it is equally true that they are not undistinguished from each other, that on the contrary they are not the same, that they are absolutely distinct

September 14, 2017, 05:59:40 PM
Reply #230

SANA_DR0

Lad, nobody is happy with the football we've played.

Nobody is using the tough start as an excuse.

Some of us are looking at the other side of the coin rather than reaching for the fucking kool-aid.

I'm not saying don't flog the horse because frankly it's important that we're under performing, but please don't think that there's anyone on the other side of this argument, or that you are in some way more prescient or perceptive than other posters who don't constantly repeat themselves.

there have been posters who have stated categorically that our tough start is the reason for our shit performances.. so many posters have said.. we have played the champions/runners up/spurs etc,.

i had found myself repeating myself, but only in replying to posters posts, theres no point repeating, when the poster doesnt even read or understand what im saying, and they just come back with.. played last years top 3..
im not more perceptive and i dont have the time machine Sir Stealth had for the Man utd match report.. 

im not trying to repeat myself, was trying to have conversations.. but most of the time i try to be amusing but my jokes i guess are shit.

apologizes to all.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:17:54 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 14, 2017, 06:32:30 PM
Reply #231

formerKHL

Because we are the only team in the league to add new players . That aside the manager has had 13 months to at least formulate a system irrespective of the players . We spent a fortune by our clubs standards and from the chelsea game last season to the one I watched this season we have done nothing major with that money . The ones who have come in look no better than the ones who left ( at the minute ) . I would be disappointed if that didn't change over the next few weeks but not surprised if it doesn't .

sorry but that comment is completely lost on me!!!!   it suggests the system is more important than players...

the systems don't make players.....the players make the system..

September 14, 2017, 06:41:43 PM
Reply #232

Ross

sorry but that comment is completely lost on me!!!!   it suggests the system is more important than players...

So by trading roughly 30 odd players in and out during the last 15 months are you suggesting our highly paid manager is just the winging it without any strategy?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 14, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Reply #233

Lxxx

Not really. You'd like to try and find a happy medium in so much that at first you create a system to get the best out of what players you inherit and then over time to buy players that you think may best work within a system you are building towards. You don't just keep selling the below par and buying lots of better players to throw them together hoping it all comes off. 
Not that that's what I think Koeman is necessarily doing but that's what it seems you're intimating is the way it should be done.

September 14, 2017, 07:40:31 PM
Reply #234

formerKHL

So by trading roughly 30 odd players in and out during the last 15 months are you suggesting our highly paid manager is just the winging it without any strategy?

Not at all where have I even suggested that ?

There's a vast difference between a strategic plan and a line up formation?

September 14, 2017, 07:43:35 PM
Reply #235

formerKHL

Not really. You'd like to try and find a happy medium in so much that at first you create a system to get the best out of what players you inherit and then over time to buy players that you think may best work within a system you are building towards. You don't just keep selling the below par and buying lots of better players to throw them together hoping it all comes off. 
Not that that's what I think Koeman is necessarily doing but that's what it seems you're intimating is the way it should be done.

sorry totally disagree.... you don't build your squad/team around a formation....you build your formation around your players...

if I'm reading you correct (and I may not be) what you're saying would suggest you could choose a formation then basically buy players to play in that formation...meaning it's the formation that brings the "success" not the players....

September 14, 2017, 09:05:46 PM
Reply #236

Ross

Not at all where have I even suggested that ?

There's a vast difference between a strategic plan and a line up formation?

You questioned @SANA_DR0 when he said we should have a system in place by saying "the players make the system", well seeing as Koeman has overseen massive changes in personal in the last 15 months, to great expense, you'd imagine the players brought in would have been with some kind of system in mind? You know like some kind of strategic planning has been involved...

Or are you suggesting we're just buying players randomly hoping to stumble onto something?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 14, 2017, 09:23:40 PM
Reply #237

Lxxx

sorry totally disagree.... you don't build your squad/team around a formation....you build your formation around your players...

if I'm reading you correct (and I may not be) what you're saying would suggest you could choose a formation then basically buy players to play in that formation...meaning it's the formation that brings the "success" not the players....

It's not either or.

Koeman was clearly in the market for a certain type of striker to suit how he wants to play. A target man, someone to play off and bring others into the game around him. He couldn't get one so we decided not to buy. There were plenty of strikers available who he could have bought, like Javier Hernandez for example, but they wouldn't have fit the way Koeman wants to play.

If you play a possession based game you're not going to buy Peter Crouch. If you're a 'pragmatic' manager like Sam Allardyce who plays the percentages you're not going to buy a fair weather player like Mesut Ozil.

A manager will, if given time, try to develop a system and way of playing and buy better players who he thinks will fit into that.

Or maybe I have it wrong.

September 14, 2017, 09:34:00 PM
Reply #238

dax78

I realise forums are there to encourage debate, but this thread is idiotic.
We can have this discussion at the end of the season, but surely not now. This thread offends rational thinking.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

September 14, 2017, 10:02:12 PM
Reply #239

Rodenplav64

Thank you for highlighting 2 things the 2nd being your own stupidity .