December 16, 2018, 05:30:54 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 110811 times)

October 15, 2017, 10:09:33 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair, I've always rated Sigurdsson in terms of thinking he's a good player -I just didn't think he was what we needed in the team. Glad we got him I suppose as it would have been 'if we had got Sigurdsson..' on here 24/7.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 15, 2017, 10:14:03 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wanted him in an along side Barkley role
I wanted him at 25m
Not 45m
Hes a decent player, works hard and knocks a decent cross in but he's not what people think he is

How much did Brighton pay for that gross lad?
I am not saying they are similar levels before I get jumped on

You are correct, they are not similar levels. Gross is the superior player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 15, 2017, 10:18:41 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need to dispense with the Rooney experiment up top, play Sig Number 10 every week and get DCL running the channels for him all game. We'll see a better player as he'll be able to get in and around the box and he'll have movement if we play Vlasic too.

I've no idea where that leaves Klaassan, now he really was a signing that wasn't needed at all. That money would have been better served on an area that we really needed.

Klaassen and Davies competing for the number 8 shirt imo. This Schneiderlin Gueye stuff is fucking souls destroying. Gana takes responsibility due to being more mobile but clearly shouldnt have the ball so much up the pitch.

Davies or Klaassen with one of them, or a three.

October 16, 2017, 08:39:39 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Crikey jimbo

October 17, 2017, 02:46:03 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whatever happens, it's time to make a big adjustment in midfield. I pointed this out a few times in the match thread and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record but Gana is effectively playing as our midfield playmaker. Or, in other words, we're regularly asking our worst midfield passer to make the most important passes in/into the final third. This is, to put it kindly, sub-optimal. When you look at how we're building attacks, it's not much of a surprise that we can't make the ball stick in the final third.

I think we'd be a lot more effective with one pure defensive midfielder (Schneiderlin or Gana) and two box-to-box types (any two of Davies, Sigurdsson, or Klaassen). This sort of arrangement isn't going to magically solve our attacking issues (which run deep) but it'll at least give us a little extra possession in the final third, which means more opportunities to pass or cross into the box.

Yes please.

The most puzzling thing about this is that Koeman originally stated that Gana was 'not one for cleverness on the ball, leave that to Barry' after his first few games...and yet here we are having sold Barry and Gana is our number 8?

October 18, 2017, 05:34:05 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Personally think Barkley played an underappreciated role in helping to transition from defence to attack. The one thing he never did was hide, he was always available for the pass and generally helped retain possession. From a 'creating great chances' perspective, he unquestionably held on to the ball too long. What he did well though was keep it long enough that we could at least actually mount an attack (and relieve defensive pressure) - things we seem incapable of doing at times this season.

Definitely this. Can't believe people could look at how we're playing and think he wouldn't be an upgrade.

Wouldn't play him as a ten though. Let him collect the ball from Schneiderlin and turn meek possession into attack.

October 19, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Why would Barkley think he would be sought after by any of the top 6 clubs? Unless he really believed what Martinez told him. I hope he stays and plays for us. Even then he would have to be more comsistent than he used to be in order to claim a regular place in what I hope will be a stronger squad after next January..

Because they keep trying to buy him? 😂

October 19, 2017, 06:06:31 PM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe players of the ilk of Pelle and Mane weren't available or interested in coming to Everton.

Plus we were in for giroud who is like the Pelle T1000 Turbo.

The mane one is weird but we were in for Depay who is a similar player. Odd we didn't try for any other pace monsters or goal scorers from wide positions. I did read recently that Koeman didn't love Mane tho and played tadic or long ahead of him, sometimes using Mane as a ten..

October 23, 2017, 03:37:48 AM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Are we... are we getting worse?

October 23, 2017, 03:47:45 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't too stressed during the first half, they were having a lot of the ball but we were getting into them quite well and Gueye was doing his thing but... inevitable collapse.