December 13, 2017, 07:14:53 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 62245 times)

September 15, 2017, 04:05:10 AM
Reply #330

van der Meyde

Hypothetical question, but in the era of short-term, 3 year long manager spells, how much benefit is there really to gain from patience?

I'm not sure either Everton or Koeman expected his tenure to last more than 3 years. Given that, I'm not sure there's a great Howard Kendall/Alex Ferguson style argument to keep a manager that you're not convinced by.

As I say, this is all hypothetical and me just thinking out loud. But if there was another decent manager we could bring in, what are the advantages of not doing that?

deCoubertin

September 15, 2017, 04:17:03 AM
Reply #331

cantoffee

I think results will pick up in time but he really needs to sort out our away form.

I think our home form will come around but away form has been a problem since he took over and we look no closer to resolving that.

I don't see the point in sacking him, see if he can start turning things around by Christmas.

September 15, 2017, 04:18:24 AM
Reply #332

everton1952

its is idiotic not diotic. Your spelling and your English need serious attention. Did you pay attention at school?

September 15, 2017, 04:21:11 AM
Reply #333

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We were not shite last season, don't be fucking stupid. We were 7th by a mile. If we were shite what does that make the others who were so far behind us? Why was the ground full every game  if we were shite? We are certainly shite now but don't start pretending we were last season.

I said a shite team
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 15, 2017, 04:23:20 AM
Reply #334

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
its is idiotic not diotic. Your spelling and your English need serious attention. Did you pay attention at school?

People make spelling mistakes. It happens.

September 15, 2017, 04:25:50 AM
Reply #335

everton1952

"its is" Got me there ! Hee Hee. Put it down to anger after tonight.

September 15, 2017, 04:28:59 AM
Reply #336

KoemansNumberTens

Something is seriously wrong.  Good players don't become  incompetent when they come to Everton...for example Sig is a proven quality player.   Despite what some here are saying, we haven't bought £100m worth of duds.   However teams like WBA and Stoke, who have spent much less, are playing better than us..

The problem is that RK is not getting performances from the players...so the buck stops with the manager...
I don't believe he has a plan and I don't think he really 'gets' Everton

Is Sigurdsson proven quality? He's a playmaker with open play stats similar to gareth Barry. I don't think he's proven anything. He took all the set plays for a team set up to be good at set plays and they scored 4 or 5 more than we did from ours. I think he's proven average with good corners. I might be being generous too. His playmaking skills were on a par with our defensive midfielder we let go on a free. Horrendous signing. It's literally like we only saw how many fantasy football points he got

September 15, 2017, 04:30:22 AM
Reply #337

The Analog Kid

There seems to be a continuing trend from where Martinez left off- the style, the lack of pride, no fight, certain players not being arsed...... I'm inclined to think it ain't just Koeman, but Ferguson too.

September 15, 2017, 04:43:18 AM
Reply #338

School of Science

For me it's the formations, it's like the players don't know what is expected of them and where to play. It's the square pegs in round holes, players playing out of position, Rooney and Sigurdsson on the wings today, not exactly pacy are they. It's the amount of changes per game, six tonight, how are they supposed to get settled get to know how each other play ?
It's like Koeman is trying to shoehorn all his signings in to the detriment of the team. He needs to play a settled, balanced team and if he wants to change personnel, bring them on off the bench.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 15, 2017, 04:44:43 AM
Reply #339

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

September 15, 2017, 04:49:44 AM
Reply #340

toffee_scot

Hypothetical question, but in the era of short-term, 3 year long manager spells, how much benefit is there really to gain from patience?

I'm not sure either Everton or Koeman expected his tenure to last more than 3 years. Given that, I'm not sure there's a great Howard Kendall/Alex Ferguson style argument to keep a manager that you're not convinced by.

As I say, this is all hypothetical and me just thinking out loud. But if there was another decent manager we could bring in, what are the advantages of not doing that?

One of my concerns about sacking the manager and bringing another in is that the next manager may have a completely different philosophy and he might look at the squad and decide - "apart from a few players here I need a squad overhaul, get rid of these Koeman rejects etc". Then if things go tits up with The next manager then another would be appointed with another completely different approach and preference for certain players.

In the last 5 years we've seen the club's football philosophy change radically due to the managerial changes and I am quite confused as to the club's football identity. We risk becoming a Sunderland or QPR type of club with a lack of a clear footballing plan and structure so we never really know how to move forward as we don't know how to utilise our investments properly.

September 15, 2017, 04:54:33 AM
Reply #341

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's that bad that I think Moyes will be an improvement.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 15, 2017, 04:59:00 AM
Reply #342

Buck76

He should Sack Himself, something's gone rotten behind the scenes, surely someone has been questioning the decisions! Every time we hit the field the body language & tactics get worse, there has been no segments of any game we've been proper at it, even if we've not had any end product! In the Zone? Twightlight fucking Zone would be an improvement!

Dunc's in the dressing room FFS, how do we enter the Field like a bunch of clueless pussies! WTF is Plan A????

You can forgive giving your all with a game plan and getting battered, but not giving a shit when your fans have spent a fortune to get over there is a disgrace!!! It'll be Unsi's Dogs Of War soon if things carry on like this....

Just had to go out for some Havana....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:03:56 AM by Buck76 »

September 15, 2017, 05:00:19 AM
Reply #343

SANA_DR0

I wonder what Ranieri would do with our squad, be great to pair him up with Walsh again :D

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 15, 2017, 05:02:52 AM
Reply #344

SANA_DR0

It's that bad that I think Moyes will be an improvement.

Moyes would be able to do more with this squad, he seemed to be a great motivator,  he always did very well with hardly any resources.. he may have been a stubborn fuck, but he did us well.

maybe rhino with moyes would be a good interim choice..

all hypothetically speaking... i still dont want koeman sacked, but im glad he is taking responsibility. Hopefully he will change our style of play.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....